Cell Phones

Speakout data and android... calling all users for tips/tricks.

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2016 9:55 am
Tags:
None
Aug 19, 2013
24 posts
4 upvotes
chimp wrote: i doubt apple will have dual sim iPhone and I am not going to use any other smart phone other than iPhone :-).

My nokia 2630 still works fine and is feather weight so it is ok.

well, another option (if you feel like carrying a small device in your pocket) would be one of those pocket hotspot devices.. stick the SIM in there for your data, and the other SIM in your phone for the other stuff, and you're set.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7270 posts
719 upvotes
soccerboy wrote: It's $40 for 5GB

Tablet plan + fongo = win. 1.99 gives you unlimited texting ($10/6 months, $1.67 / month) if you want to prepay for 6 months.
I purchased the number for 50 bucks forever(when they still offered that option). It is more for convenient that anything else when I am talking about the one number(not VOIP like fongo which is not reliable enough for me as the single number).
Banned
Oct 28, 2006
8289 posts
1011 upvotes
Thornhill
BennyX wrote: well, another option (if you feel like carrying a small device in your pocket) would be one of those pocket hotspot devices.. stick the SIM in there for your data, and the other SIM in your phone for the other stuff, and you're set.
chimp wrote: I purchased the number for 50 bucks forever(when they still offered that option). It is more for convenient that anything else when I am talking about the one number(not VOIP like fongo which is not reliable enough for me as the single number).
have you guys tried it on the BIG 3 network. I have been using it on my Nexus 4 for a month and it's not the greatest but definitely a good quality voip plan. (one number allows me to accept calls and call people)

I do agree that Fongo in the past was a fail but that's not the case these days.
Aug 19, 2013
24 posts
4 upvotes
heck i've tried it with my wired internet connection, and it was still crap, lol

it seems it's really hit or miss with people.. some love it, others hate it!
Banned
Oct 28, 2006
8289 posts
1011 upvotes
Thornhill
BennyX wrote: heck i've tried it with my wired internet connection, and it was still crap, lol

it seems it's really hit or miss with people.. some love it, others hate it!
When was the last time you tried it?
Banned
Oct 28, 2006
8289 posts
1011 upvotes
Thornhill
BennyX wrote: not more than 2 weeks ago
I use it on a daily basis on my nexus 4 and it works just fine. YMMV
Apr 28, 2013
503 posts
122 upvotes
Arviat
Gotta call them tonight... one last activation...
Honestly at this point I was expecting something like "Starting January 1st 2014"...

so late now...
well I guess my morning we will see if they indeed follow through and can the UMB
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5614 posts
1077 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like nothing has changed as I was expecting.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2006
1119 posts
63 upvotes
Thornhill
"SpeakOut Data Update

We regret to notify users that the Data services will be delayed.
The good news is that Browse Feature will continue in its current format until Data service begins later this year.
We apologize to the users who have been patiently waiting for Data Services.
Once we have confirmed the Data launch dates, we will update the website.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to improve SpeakOut Wireless’ program."
Banned
Oct 28, 2006
8289 posts
1011 upvotes
Thornhill
Tender wrote: "SpeakOut Data Update

The good news is that Browse Feature will continue in its current format until Data service begins later this year.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to improve SpeakOut Wireless’ program."
They're taking a page out of BBM android
Sep 2, 2013
150 posts
46 upvotes
Goog2go updated the site.... gonna cry

10 100mb

party is over indeed
Banned
Oct 28, 2006
8289 posts
1011 upvotes
Thornhill
redraoH wrote: Goog2go updated the site.... gonna cry

10 100mb

party is over indeed
Need a tissue?
Sep 2, 2013
150 posts
46 upvotes
soccerboy wrote: Need a tissue?
naw, not yet.. i activated a petro sim 2 days ago due to this thread just to make sure... petro sims are $5... at least i am set for the next 60 days.
Apr 28, 2013
503 posts
122 upvotes
Arviat
Oh ****

I am guessing they have not worked out the overages yet... so basically like Rogers Paygo data day packs, when you use up the included data you get a text message to buy another one, this way you never get charged for more.. good for apps that use data in the backround without you knowing (unless you root)

This is big money now... You are better off going with CHATR and that is owned by Rogers... for the first 6 months you get 100MB data and unlimited text and talk for $20 a month...
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2004
3217 posts
558 upvotes
Tender wrote: "SpeakOut Data Update

This is so old it has been there for months.
Banned
Oct 28, 2006
8289 posts
1011 upvotes
Thornhill
LanEvoVII wrote: This is so old it has been there for months.
nope. Before it said "end of the month". Now, it's "later this year"

I wonder what's holding them up though.
Apr 28, 2013
503 posts
122 upvotes
Arviat
LanEvoVII wrote: This is so old it has been there for months.
Ya, but I am looking at the Good2Go / Cityfone website.. they are also owned by Ztar,

CityFone forgot to remove the reference to the Ulimited Mobile browsing plan and have actually listed the new data plans...

Good2Go website did indeed say October 1 was the day they would change over to Data plans as well, and it seems after midnight they did do the changeover.

I am wondering why Speakout and Petro have not followed as well... not that I want them to... I have become addicted to cheap data...
Jan 20, 2008
281 posts
204 upvotes
Ottawa
Overage charges now up on good2go but it says 0.10¢ per MB. Does that mean ten cents or one tenth of a cent? Above that it says 25¢ per min for voice

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)