You have to go thru the existing threads on iMessage activation on Speakout/Petro Can.Philbert wrote: ↑Oct 13th, 2018 9:56 amI’ve spoken Apple and Speakout numerous times. Apart from a complete reset and restore no one has a solution that works. I can send messages to non-iPhones no problem. Ican put my Koodo sim in the nonworking phone and it then works.
I’m going to switch my sons to Koodo. $15 a month plus $20 bonus and 100 booster minutes. What bugs me, though, is that it cannot be linked with current my account because it’s prepaid.
From what I remember at the time, SMS short codes are needed. Speakout/Petro does not support these, therefore iMessage can't be used on Speakout/Petro (even on WiFi because SMS short Codes are still needed)
A phone reset is not required. The phone can't automatically switch iMessage between SIMs because it needs SMS short codes.
1) Put the koodo sim into the phone to clear out iMessage
2) activate/ regester on iMessage (using the koodo number)
3) deactivate/ deregister iMessage to clear it out (so no phone number is associated with iMessage)
4) remove the Koodo SIM
5) Install the Speakout SIM
6) *DO NOT ACTIVATE* iMessage anytime the Speakout SIM is in the phone (even on wifi)
7) SMS should work normally now on Speakout