Speeding Ticket in Ontario

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2015 10:15 am
[OP]
Sep 11, 2015
2 posts
Toronto

Speeding Ticket in Ontario

Got a ticket in Cornwall ON. I am Resident of Toronto.

Can I go to court in Toronto and ask for Trial in my city instead of travelling 500 km everytime for my trial to Cornwall?
9 replies
Jul 5, 2004
23845 posts
3404 upvotes
No you can't. You have to go to Cornwall.
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12834 posts
1641 upvotes
Toronto
Siddyy wrote:
Sep 13th, 2015 12:02 am

Can I go to court in Toronto and ask for Trial in my city instead of travelling 500 km everytime for my trial to Cornwall?
Everybody knows you never speed in Cornwall. Good luck trying to fight it. The court is not backlogged there and your trial will be set very soon. 11b won't work in this case. Paying it is your best option
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2004
2323 posts
644 upvotes
Hire a paralegal from Cornwall or call and settle before the trial date.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
7375 posts
1081 upvotes
Toronto
Siddyy wrote:
Sep 13th, 2015 12:02 am

You'll have to go to Cornwall at least once if only to discuss options. So you might as well deal with it while you are there.
Nov 2, 2014
997 posts
346 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Go to trial and right before the actual trial you can just make a deal to reduce the ticket.

They hand out these deals like candy. Get it dropped to around 40 bucks.

It will still impact your insurance rates, but at least you will not pay the full shot and there will be no demerit points.

Mind you, time is money so keep in mind you will have to make the journey out to Cornwall twice if you want to do this.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2006
1329 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
RobertSmalls008 wrote:
Sep 14th, 2015 4:26 pm
Go to trial and right before the actual trial you can just make a deal to reduce the ticket.

They hand out these deals like candy. Get it dropped to around 40 bucks.

It will still impact your insurance rates, but at least you will not pay the full shot and there will be no demerit points.

Mind you, time is money so keep in mind you will have to make the journey out to Cornwall twice if you want to do this.
Why twice ? Can't you choose trial option and mail the ticket ?