Hot Deals

[Speedpass+/Esso/Amex] Amex Offer: Spend $25 or more on fuel, 2 times, and earn a $10 credit.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2019 12:14 pm
[OP]
Apr 7, 2019
257 posts
234 upvotes

Amex Offer: Spend $25 or more on fuel, 2 times, and earn a $10 credit.

Expiry:
December 31, 2019
Retailer:
Speedpass+/Esso/Amex
Amex Canada credit card holders only. Check offers section of Amex Canada credit card website.

Thanks @Ecsta : Amex App -> Offers tab -> scroll down and look for this one -> register to card

Thanks @xx1what : Scotia Amex cards can use this link to sign up. https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/en/n ... pping.html

Thanks @DragonRider : How to use SpeedPass

1. Download and Open Speedpass app.
2. Go to My Account -> Wallet.
3. Add your AMEX as payment method. Add loyalty card (PC Optimum or Esso Extra) and fuel discount card, if applicable.
4. Go to Settings and select how you want your receipt.
4. When you arrive to the station, select Pay for fuel.
5. App should detect your gas station. If not, scan the QR code at the pump.
6. Select pump number.
7. Confirm from the pump screen that the transaction has been authorized.
8. Choose your fuel grade and pump gas into tank.
9. Your receipt will appear on the app, as well as emailed or printed depending on your selection.

Thanks @vhparekh : Few Amex Biz cards are not supported with Speedpass+ app. Only personal cards are accepted.

Details

Make 2 qualifying fuel purchases of at least $25, using your Speedpass+ app linked to your registered Card by 31/12/2019 and earn a one-time $10 statement credit. Registration cap and terms apply.

Offer Terms

Only the first 10,000 cards to be successfully registered are eligible for the offer. When you click on the applicable link, you will be redirected to the merchant website.
The registered Card account must be in good standing. Must first register your Card to the offer and use the same Card to make qualifying purchase(s) by 31/12/2019. Date format is DD/MM/YYYY. A purchase made during the offer period prior to registration of your eligible card in this program is not a qualifying purchase. Your registration of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to qualifying purchases on that Card.
To be eligible for a $10 (CAD) statement credit, two (2) separate qualifying fuel transactions of at least $25 (CAD) in a single transaction, after taxes, must be charged to your registered Card during the offer period and subsequently posted to your account by 02/01/2020.
Only in-app fuel purchase(s) using the Esso & Mobil Speedpass+TM app linked to your registered Card at participating EssoTM or MobilTM branded stations in Candada are qualifying purchases. Any purchases not leveraging the Speedpass+ app linked to your registered Card are excluded. For more information on the Speedpass+ app, visit www.esso.ca/en/speedpassplus. Speedpass+ and Mobil are trademarks or registered trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries. Imperial Oil, licensee.
Esso is a trademark of Imperial Oil Limited. Imperial Oil, licensee. Offer is non-transferable. You can earn a maximum of one $10 (CAD) statement credit/s per registered card during the offer period.
Statement credit will be applied to your registered card account within 90 days after 31/12/2019, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase(s). Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase(s) is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. The following transactions are not qualifying purchases for this offer: purchasing a merchant’s goods through a third party, such as through concession stores in department stores, payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone, online aggregators that sell goods of other merchants or if the merchant category is otherwise not identified. A statement credit does not constitute a payment and does not satisfy the requirement to pay the minimum due on a credit card. The Basic/Primary Cardmember must continue to make separate payments of at least the minimum due in accordance with the Cardmember agreement and account statement applicable to their registered card account.
In the event that you replace your registered card through Amex Bank of Canada or other participating American Express card issuer (as applicable) during the offer period, your participation in this offer will end and you will need to re-register for this offer.
For full terms that apply to registering your card in the program, see Program Terms.
Last edited by mr2711 on Nov 11th, 2019 8:58 pm, edited 9 times in total.
93 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
1458 posts
1303 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
First time using the speedpass+ app in a long time. Last time i tried it was all glitchy and didn't work properly.. Hopefully its better now.
Oct 11, 2009
238 posts
204 upvotes
BC
Thanks OP! Saw this offer from my Amex Platinum.
May 1, 2015
833 posts
583 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ecsta wrote:
Nov 8th, 2019 7:52 am
First time using the speedpass+ app in a long time. Last time i tried it was all glitchy and didn't work properly. Hopefully its better now.
yeah this was my experience with the speedpass app as well. Dont know if I want to waste my time on it again.
Running successful Spotify group buy since June 2018
Running successful Netflix group buy since Dec 2017
Nov 23, 2017
201 posts
318 upvotes
Brampton, Ontario
mr2711 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2019 7:35 am
Details

Make 2 qualifying fuel purchases of at least $25, using your Speedpass+ app linked to your registered Card by 31/12/2019 and earn a one-time $10 statement credit. Registration cap and terms apply.

Offer Terms

Only the first 10,000 cards to be successfully registered are eligible for the offer. When you click on the applicable link, you will be redirected to the merchant website.
The registered Card account must be in good standing. Must first register your Card to the offer and use the same Card to make qualifying purchase(s) by 31/12/2019. Date format is DD/MM/YYYY. A purchase made during the offer period prior to registration of your eligible card in this program is not a qualifying purchase. Your registration of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to qualifying purchases on that Card.
To be eligible for a $10 (CAD) statement credit, two (2) separate qualifying fuel transactions of at least $25 (CAD) in a single transaction, after taxes, must be charged to your registered Card during the offer period and subsequently posted to your account by 02/01/2020.
Only in-app fuel purchase(s) using the Esso & Mobil Speedpass+TM app linked to your registered Card at participating EssoTM or MobilTM branded stations in Candada are qualifying purchases. Any purchases not leveraging the Speedpass+ app linked to your registered Card are excluded. For more information on the Speedpass+ app, visit www.esso.ca/en/speedpassplus. Speedpass+ and Mobil are trademarks or registered trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries. Imperial Oil, licensee.
Esso is a trademark of Imperial Oil Limited. Imperial Oil, licensee. Offer is non-transferable. You can earn a maximum of one $10 (CAD) statement credit/s per registered card during the offer period.
Statement credit will be applied to your registered card account within 90 days after 31/12/2019, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase(s). Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase(s) is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. The following transactions are not qualifying purchases for this offer: purchasing a merchant’s goods through a third party, such as through concession stores in department stores, payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone, online aggregators that sell goods of other merchants or if the merchant category is otherwise not identified. A statement credit does not constitute a payment and does not satisfy the requirement to pay the minimum due on a credit card. The Basic/Primary Cardmember must continue to make separate payments of at least the minimum due in accordance with the Cardmember agreement and account statement applicable to their registered card account.
In the event that you replace your registered card through Amex Bank of Canada or other participating American Express card issuer (as applicable) during the offer period, your participation in this offer will end and you will need to re-register for this offer.
For full terms that apply to registering your card in the program, see Program Terms.
Is there supposed to be a working link?
Jun 6, 2017
13 posts
Not available on my Amex Platinum Airmiles card. But worth checking. Thanks for the post.
[OP]
Apr 7, 2019
257 posts
234 upvotes
dayofthedeb wrote:
Nov 8th, 2019 8:20 am
Logon to your Amex Canada account and check offers section
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
1458 posts
1303 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
dayofthedeb wrote:
Nov 8th, 2019 8:20 am
Amex App -> Offers tab -> scroll down and look for this one -> register to card
Nov 23, 2017
201 posts
318 upvotes
Brampton, Ontario
mr2711 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2019 8:33 am
Logon to your Amex Canada account and check offers section
Thanks! I have a Scotiabank American Express... I usually log in through the Scotia app. I'm guessing that means I don't have access to this deal then.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2140 posts
1752 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Got it on my wife's Cobalt card and register.
However one thing that is not clear is, it is register on her account (She is the primary card holder), I have the secondary card.
So if I use my card, does it count?
Or it has to be the primary card??
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Aug 5, 2018
458 posts
572 upvotes
dayofthedeb wrote:
Nov 8th, 2019 8:50 am
Thanks! I have a Scotiabank American Express... I usually log in through the Scotia app. I'm guessing that means I don't have access to this deal then.
Scotia Amex cards can use this link to sign up.

https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/en/n ... pping.html

In fact, scotia cards can sign up to all the offers, whereas amex cards issued by amex can only sign up to targetted offers.