• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2019 9:40 pm
May 3, 2011
218 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
startoss wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 12:39 pm
Got my $50 preordered amazon copy this morning and they emailed me the dlc code. I am on prime btw.
I'm on the chat right now, and they are saying that they have no idea about promotional dlc codes. I hate this dance.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3852 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
Redviper wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 2:34 pm
I'm on the chat right now, and they are saying that they have no idea about promotional dlc codes. I hate this dance.
update?
Nov 26, 2014
128 posts
70 upvotes
Sherwood Park, AB
did anyone who pre ordered from best buy receive a free shirt?
Jan 31, 2016
12 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
I went through amazon chat for the dlc code and they just sent me a code they previously sent for God of War dlc Disappointed Face
Anyone else have any success or gotten their code emailed?
Aug 3, 2013
475 posts
274 upvotes
Durham
Just picked up my walmart.ca preorder at the post office Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes🕷🕸Video Game
May 3, 2011
218 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
SuckaB wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 3:46 pm
update?
Said they had to escalate to the promotions department and I'll get an email in 1 or 2 days.
Oct 25, 2010
555 posts
93 upvotes
Vancouver
Did anyone do a pickup pre order at walmart and get any email? Still stuck on "order in progress" while they have a copies available at the pick up location.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3142 posts
2786 upvotes
Ottawa
Amazon just emailed me the preorder code. Not only did it include the 3 skins, but also included the white spider PSN avatar and the theme - both of which I thought were exclusive to the digital preorder or Collector's Edition.

As for the game... I've sunk roughly 8 hours into the game but only advanced through a few story missions. I've been messing around exploring, collecting backpacks and doing street crimes. The game is amazing. It might even beat God of War for GOTY if the story stays strong. I'm absolutely astounded by how good it is.
SigBro wrote: As for the free/not free games, it's a lost cause for anyone trying to have a discussion with you about it because there's always a twinge of rage in your comments if one person sees it one way and you see it another and don't agree with it.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2016
1053 posts
413 upvotes
BC
The slight OC-ness in me kept me going to the nearest crime and back pack..

Cant...stop...swinging...

The theme included from the amazon code is slick!
Mar 5, 2012
251 posts
73 upvotes
Midland
Batarang wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 11:47 pm
Amazon just emailed me the preorder code. Not only did it include the 3 skins, but also included the white spider PSN avatar and the theme - both of which I thought were exclusive to the digital preorder or Collector's Edition.

As for the game... I've sunk roughly 8 hours into the game but only advanced through a few story missions. I've been messing around exploring, collecting backpacks and doing street crimes. The game is amazing. It might even beat God of War for GOTY if the story stays strong. I'm absolutely astounded by how good it is.
Glad to hear it. I pre-ordered it but was worried it would just be more cut-scenes than gameplay.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3142 posts
2786 upvotes
Ottawa
Rfd10202 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2018 11:01 am
Glad to hear it. I pre-ordered it but was worried it would just be more cut-scenes than gameplay.
There are a decent amount of QTE's, which I'm sure some people are not that fond of. Personally I don't mind since the presentation is just so good.

Some of the photo mode pictures that I've taken are movie poster quality. The game is outrageously good looking. Funnily enough, I didn't hear one person talking about downgrades for the game at all yesterday.
SigBro wrote: As for the free/not free games, it's a lost cause for anyone trying to have a discussion with you about it because there's always a twinge of rage in your comments if one person sees it one way and you see it another and don't agree with it.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3852 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
Redviper wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 6:36 pm
Said they had to escalate to the promotions department and I'll get an email in 1 or 2 days.
got the same reply, no code yet.

Finally got the code. Looks like this is how Amazon operates since I went through similar thing for GOW release.
Last edited by SuckaB on Sep 8th, 2018 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1162 posts
319 upvotes
gundamwingZero wrote:
Sep 8th, 2018 10:52 am
The slight OC-ness in me kept me going to the nearest crime and back pack..

Cant...stop...swinging...

The theme included from the amazon code is slick!
I wasn't going to pick up this game right away as I rarely pick up games day 1 but I've got a deal on the game with DLC code so will be picking it up tonight. The theme and avatar from the DLC code is the same one you got with your amazon code I would imagine?