• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2019 9:40 pm
Nov 10, 2016
573 posts
190 upvotes
BC
Bryson wrote:
Sep 8th, 2018 3:54 pm
I wasn't going to pick up this game right away as I rarely pick up games day 1 but I've got a deal on the game with DLC code so will be picking it up tonight. The theme and avatar from the DLC code is the same one you got with your amazon code I would imagine?
the white spider on red background avatar
and the theme made by Adi Granov...
Dec 27, 2013
24 posts
20 upvotes
Brampton
Not so happy with Wal-Mart for pre-ordering, my game shipped two days ago and Canada Post said it was delivered but the store didn’t have it ready yet tonight. When there’s tons of copies in the store.

The redesign has made the store worse in every way too.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1130 posts
309 upvotes
gundamwingZero wrote:
Sep 8th, 2018 6:50 pm
the white spider on red background avatar
and the theme made by Adi Granov...
Wow you guys weren't kidding. This theme is really slick. It even has updated sounds. Not going to lie. This is the first time since I've had my PS4 that I've even bothered to change the wallpaper. Call me old fashioned or boring but I kind of liked the old default wavy blue theme but this new one makes it feel like a whole new console hehe. I really like the Ratchet and Clank theme too. I was using that avatar for a long time until today.

Just waiting for the game to install...
Jul 13, 2009
200 posts
21 upvotes
Calgary
My E3 preorder from Walmart hasn't even shipped yet. The status is still "Order in Progress". I did an online chat with an agent on Walmart.ca. She said they're having problems with their warehouse. I asked if I could just buy the game at the store and return the one I get in the mail using the receipt from the store. She said no as the sku can be different. Pretty sure it wont' be, but can anyone confirm I can do this?
Nov 12, 2014
535 posts
314 upvotes
Kingston, ON
ranchan1_2 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2018 11:51 pm
My E3 preorder from Walmart hasn't even shipped yet. The status is still "Order in Progress". I did an online chat with an agent on Walmart.ca. She said they're having problems with their warehouse. I asked if I could just buy the game at the store and return the one I get in the mail using the receipt from the store. She said no as the sku can be different. Pretty sure it wont' be, but can anyone confirm I can do this?
You can do that.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2007
1454 posts
391 upvotes
ranchan1_2 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2018 11:51 pm
Just go and buy a copy full price from Walmart. Return the sealed copy when it ships.
Nov 12, 2014
535 posts
314 upvotes
Kingston, ON
I like this game -very similar to the Arkham games in terms of fighting and the stealth aspects,etc. Not that being similar is a bad thing.
Oct 25, 2010
515 posts
67 upvotes
Vancouver
Walmart pre order shipped for pickup order. Too bad they don't let you just grab one off the shelf and scan that instead.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
3494 posts
1778 upvotes
Prime member here. Ordered during the $50 pre order and finally getting shipped out and suppose to be here Tuesday. I'm in gta and this is horrible. Anything I can do to rectify this problem
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1765 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
I've had this game since launch day. I played for about 3-4ish hours and I'm now 18% complete according the game. My thoughts:
  • I like how fast paced the game is. Too often in video games, the first few hours are a slow burn. The game gets straight into action (both in narrative and gameplay).
  • The graphics are great on the OG PS4. Cut scenes and voice acting are done well.
  • The controls can be frustrating at times. I feel the Arkham series controls better.
  • I'm getting a little tired of the crafting/skill points mechanics in these single-player games.
Sep 13, 2018
1 posts
So it's selling twice the speed of GoW in the UK and triple the speed/amount in Japan. This Spiderman game is a monster! It's gotta be on pace to sell 5 million in its first week worldwide at the point right?
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2007
1106 posts
168 upvotes
Plat the game few days ago. Once you get a hold of the control it's not difficult to have 100+ hit combos and own the battlefield. The boss fights were kind of underwhelming compared to the base clearing missions though.
Sep 19, 2018
1 posts
Just finished the game the other day. One of the best games I've ever played.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
2821 posts
2422 upvotes
Ottawa
Platinumed the game almost a week ago. Also managed to find a Collector's Edition that someone cancelled. Not a huge fan of the statue, but just being able to own such a rare collector's edition makes me very happy.

The game was incredible, and definitely among my favourite games of the generation.
QN5252 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2018 9:09 am
I like this game -very similar to the Arkham games in terms of fighting and the stealth aspects,etc. Not that being similar is a bad thing.
People always say that but you should take another look at Spider-Man 2 on the PS2. That "Arkham" style combat that everybody compares this game to, was actually implemented in that game. You could say that Arkham refined that combat style, which Spider-Man refined even more. Besides, if you're doing combat in the air, the two styles couldn't be more different.