• Feb 16th, 2020 4:26 pm
Tags:
12 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3370 posts
1829 upvotes
FINAL SALE - This item is not eligible for returns, exchanges or refunds
RFD Admins All Drive Teslas. You should Too!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2029 posts
1057 upvotes
Toronto
I have bought suits and shirts from them before, great quality.
Not sure about their jackets, can anyone comment on the fit and quality?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
1954 posts
753 upvotes
Montreal
I think I know why it is not eligible for returns....Winking Face

Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2004
1335 posts
20 upvotes
How warm is it?
Is it comparable to Alpinetek from Sears from a few years back?
Jul 13, 2004
381 posts
93 upvotes
I bought this parka a month ago and returned it. Now that it's this price I'm glad i did. The parka is a nice parka. It's dressier than most due to the material. That said it was way thinner than I expected. It came in the same slim box that their suits and sportcoats come in. At the price I paid $300 plus tax I didn't think it was worth it. The other issue is that there are no side pockets at the bottom, just the button flap pockets. I like to walk around with my hands in the bottom side pockets so this affected my choice to return it. The chest pockets are not comfortable for me. At this price it's definitely a lot more attractive. That said, I ended up getting one of the ultra parkas from the A&F sale. They end up being about $100 and are thicker and warmer. They definitely are more casual looking than the S&M parkas which I think look nicer. At $200 it's a decent deal. That said I think I'd rather put that money into one of their sportcoats or suits. For the money, their sportcoats and suits are some of the best. I really gotta stop buying them - too many already.
Jan 31, 2020
147 posts
259 upvotes
I would strongly recommend trying it on before buying it. From the pictures it's got an elastic on the backside that is not at all flattering.
"I go for the jugular" - Kobe Bryant
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
12685 posts
3156 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Fishing wrote: I bought this parka a month ago and returned it. Now that it's this price I'm glad i did. The parka is a nice parka. It's dressier than most due to the material. That said it was way thinner than I expected. It came in the same slim box that their suits and sportcoats come in. At the price I paid $300 plus tax I didn't think it was worth it. The other issue is that there are no side pockets at the bottom, just the button flap pockets. I like to walk around with my hands in the bottom side pockets so this affected my choice to return it. The chest pockets are not comfortable for me. At this price it's definitely a lot more attractive. That said, I ended up getting one of the ultra parkas from the A&F sale. They end up being about $100 and are thicker and warmer. They definitely are more casual looking than the S&M parkas which I think look nicer. At $200 it's a decent deal. That said I think I'd rather put that money into one of their sportcoats or suits. For the money, their sportcoats and suits are some of the best. I really gotta stop buying them - too many already.
S & M parkas! Nice! Extra pockets for handcuffs, whips? :twisted:

Seriously though, what is the outer shell material like? Not like the material on an Eddie Bauer Superior Down Parka?
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
12685 posts
3156 upvotes
VANCOUVER
MAMBAMENTALITY wrote: I would strongly recommend trying it on before buying it. From the pictures it's got an elastic on the backside that is not at all flattering.
The elastic doesn't appear to be noticeable from the front. Wouldn't it help break up the back and give it some detail, less board-like?
Jul 13, 2004
381 posts
93 upvotes
Rogido wrote: S & M parkas! Nice! Extra pockets for handcuffs, whips? :twisted:

Seriously though, what is the outer shell material like? Not like the material on an Eddie Bauer Superior Down Parka?
I don't know how to describe it. It seems more pourous than one of the A&F parkas, since the A&F parkas are more like one solid smooth piece of material and this isn't as smooth. But this is nicer. It's softer and less stiff.

I think it's a nice looking parka. My issue was for the money which was more than this, it seemed not warm enough. I didn't try it outside or anything because I wanted to return it. So I tried it on, noted it seemed thin, packed it up and sent it back. What good is a nice looking jacket if I'm freezing my ass off? But like I said, I never tried it outside. Maybe it's warmer than I think. I do feel the A&F parkas are warmer. Not quite as dressy, but are half the price. Really well made too. The A&F Sherpa puffer although not a parka was a crazy deal for $53.99 minus 25%. So I just went that rout - get an A&F parka and a Sherpa puffer for way less than $200. At $200 I would consider this parka, but more of a for looks parka - wear it for looks if you know you're not going to be outside too much in the cold.
Jan 31, 2020
147 posts
259 upvotes
Rogido wrote: The elastic doesn't appear to be noticeable from the front. Wouldn't it help break up the back and give it some detail, less board-like?
No, quite the contrary. Without the elastic the "fall" would look much better.
"I go for the jugular" - Kobe Bryant
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
4173 posts
1770 upvotes
Vancouver
The temperature rating was posted awhile ago on styleforum. I can't remember the exact number but it was not rated for very cold temp. Single negative digit from what I remember
Jun 28, 2019
61 posts
120 upvotes
Uranus
This will be great for when I fashionably scale Mt. Everest in my three piece suit and designer parka...