Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Spier & Mackay

Spier & Mackay OTR Sports Coat and Trousers Sale Until Oct. 30 (Code: COVERUP)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2016 9:18 pm
Nov 20, 2008
818 posts
385 upvotes

Spier & Mackay OTR Sports Coat and Trousers Sale Until Oct. 30 (Code: COVERUP)

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
October 30, 2016
Retailer:
Spier & Mackay
Better for our American friends, but nonetheless.
The $299 USD Suit promo was a smash and we received a lot of requests to extend it to sportcoats and trousers. So from Today through Sunday, we'll be running a promo on jackets and pants.

Regular Sportcoats are: $225 USD approx. (Based on current CAD exchange)

Wool/Cashmere Sportcoats are: $250 USD approx.

Use Code: COVERUP

Regular Trousers are: $75 USD approx., just add to the cart.

The New Flannels are $112 USD, just add to cart.

http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=e6b ... 6d179809ee

Cheers,
Rick
Last edited by cyberspyder on Oct 25th, 2016 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
40 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
8558 posts
4191 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Code doesn't work on 3 suits I tried to choose online.

Considering that I bought this Indochino suit for $552 total (including alterations), but I haven't received it yet (so I can get a refund), how would S&M work comparing the cost?
I'm assuming I'd have to find an OTR suit that I like and then pay for the alterations?
Mar 9, 2013
175 posts
110 upvotes
Kitchener
Hi RFD,

I've heard great things about S&M stuff, but never bought from them before. Is $388 a good price for their suits? I'm looking for a traditional navy set.

Also, how is their sizing? I wear a 38 from Topman, and 36S from CK.

Any other tips?

TIA!

Edit: Forgot to ask, how's their return policy? Easy to return if I don't like the fit?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5090 posts
5530 upvotes
Toronto
RhetoricalQuestion wrote: Hi RFD,

I've heard great things about S&M stuff, but never bought from them before. Is $388 a good price for their suits? I'm looking for a traditional navy set.

Any other tips?

TIA!

Edit: Forgot to ask, how's their return policy? Easy to return if I don't like the fit?
$388 is a good price for their current season off the rack. I find their slim fit to be very slim. I fit regular slim fits from Boss well, but I find that I fit their contemporary in the same size. Easy return if it is unaltered, unworn, tag still on etc... usually the ones marked for clearance are final sale.

Rick, the owner, is somewhere here on RFD
Mar 16, 2004
545 posts
256 upvotes
Excellent quality, dont let the price fool you.

Majority of my work wardrobe is from these guys.

The prices when on sale is insane value.

Returns are paid for by them so no risk
Nov 20, 2008
818 posts
385 upvotes
Returns are free, you can go into the downtown Toronto location or Mississauga to check out sizing in person, there's an in-house tailor at both locations. I've personally used the DT tailor and the work is very good, not to mention the alteration prices are more than reasonable especially in the core.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2009
1195 posts
438 upvotes
Vancouver
In for one. Went with contemporary fit. Need an everday suit that I can bang up a bit. Not impressed with IndoChino at all. I'll give this a try at this price for sure.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1110 posts
530 upvotes
Can someone compare the fit of the slim to the j. crew ludlow? Are they similar?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2008
1132 posts
822 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP.

On the site now, but how do you select the pant size? Or is this deal for the suit jacket only?

Product description shows there's a "flat front trouser" as well. I can select the size of the jacket, but not the pants.
Aug 2, 2016
387 posts
445 upvotes
TH3R wrote: Thanks OP.

On the site now, but how do you select the pant size? Or is this deal for the suit jacket only?

Product description shows there's a "flat front trouser" as well. I can select the size of the jacket, but not the pants.
On their size guide it says that trousers are drop 6. Eg. If you buy a size 40 jacket, your waist size is 34. Trousers come unhemmed at 37 according to the description.
Mar 11, 2012
338 posts
51 upvotes
dracolnyte wrote:

Any other tips?

TIA!

$388 is a good price for their current season off the rack. I find their slim fit to be very slim. I fit regular slim fits from Boss well, but I find that I fit their contemporary in the same size. Easy return if it is unaltered, unworn, tag still on etc... usually the ones marked for clearance are final sale.

Hmm, I'm guessing then that the contemporary fit might not be for me if I wear calvin Klein regular fit? Heard good things about Spier and Mackay so this is a deal I'd like to get into if fit is alright
Dec 27, 2009
530 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
jacksonc88 wrote:
TH3R wrote: Thanks OP.

On their size guide it says that trousers are drop 6. Eg. If you buy a size 40 jacket, your waist size is 34. Trousers come unhemmed at 37 according to the description.
If you go into the store they'll mix and match if they have it in stock.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2008
1132 posts
822 upvotes
Toronto
Gotcha, thanks guys.

Kind of an odd restriction this "drop 6" requirement. Not sure I've seen that before, but then again I don't buy suits very often.

Anyways, drop 6 won't work for me so I'd have to check in store for something perhaps then.
Nov 20, 2008
818 posts
385 upvotes
Shunshin wrote:
dracolnyte wrote:

Any other tips?

TIA!

Hmm, I'm guessing then that the contemporary fit might not be for me if I wear calvin Klein regular fit? Heard good things about Spier and Mackay so this is a deal I'd like to get into if fit is alright
Again, if you get the chance, go into their store and try out the suits in person.
Mar 11, 2012
338 posts
51 upvotes
cyberspyder wrote:
Shunshin wrote:
dracolnyte wrote:

Again, if you get the chance, go into their store and try out the suits in person.
I do not have the chance to unfortunately. I am on the west coast.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)