• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2019 10:11 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2008
2707 posts
477 upvotes

Spier & Mackay - Suits for $249

Got an email in my inbox saying Spier and Mackay is moving warehouses and they're having a sale on remaining inventory.

Checked the website and a lot of their suits are $249 - $299 down from $399-$499. Still decent sizes available too.
Share:
65 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
2679 posts
1957 upvotes
Toronto
they always had 249 and 299 suits on clearance at any point in time
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2008
2707 posts
477 upvotes
dracolnyte wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 11:04 am
they always had 249 and 299 suits on clearance at any point in time
I've seen 20-25% off before but never $249. Doing a quick search, boxing day was 25% off and thatd put the price at roughly $299.

Anyways hope some ppl can take advantage of this. I know Spier & Mackay suits are generally well received in the rfd community.
Dec 3, 2018
98 posts
38 upvotes
wszeto28 wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 10:57 am
Got an email in my inbox saying Spier and Mackay is moving warehouses and they're having a sale on remaining inventory.

Checked the website and a lot of their suits are $249 - $299 down from $399-$499. Still decent sizes available too.
Price is good but these are final sales, my size is different with all the brands and most likely it is not gonna fit. Smirking Face
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
2201 posts
628 upvotes
Does anyone have any experience with their "stretch" suits?
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. -Wayne Gretzky"
- Michael Scott
Nov 9, 2015
17 posts
9 upvotes
Hsharpreet wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 11:39 am
Price is good but these are final sales, my size is different with all the brands and most likely it is not gonna fit. Smirking Face
If you're in Toronto/Mississauga they have two physical locations you can get fitted at.
Dec 3, 2018
98 posts
38 upvotes
Stephen9o3 wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 11:48 am
If you're in Toronto/Mississauga they have two physical locations you can get fitted at.
I am in Montreal Face With Rolling Eyes
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4871 posts
1928 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Zephyr22b wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 11:42 am
Does anyone have any experience with their "stretch" suits?
I just ordered one and will see how stretchy it is.

FYI, they offer 20% off for new customers with referral. Please don't post here asking for referral though.
The suit includes both the jacket and pant.
The pant is 6 size down. In other words, if you order a 40 for the suit, your pant is 34.
However, you can put in the comment when you order if you want a different size pant. They do that for you if they have the size.
Last edited by theflyingsquirrel on Aug 1st, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
8112 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 1:11 pm
I just ordered one and will see how stretchy it is.

FYI, they offer 20% off for new customers with referral. Please don't post here asking for referral though.
Is that stackable with the SUITS20 discount from last time? I ordered without the referral and I am wondering if they can apply that retroactively.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
8112 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
Stephen9o3 wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 11:48 am
Thoughts / comments / reviews on the fitting and how much did people pay for adjustments/tailoring?

Is the product still refundable after adjustments are made??
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4871 posts
1928 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
MtX wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 1:12 pm
Is that stackable with the SUITS20 discount from last time? I ordered without the referral and I am wondering if they can apply that retroactively.
My guess would be no, but you are welcome to try and report back.
Is the code SUITS20 still active? And it is 20% off as well?
MtX wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 1:13 pm
Thoughts / comments / reviews on the fitting and how much did people pay for adjustments/tailoring?

The fitting is surprisingly good.
I remember last time I asked, shortening the sleeves for the jacket is around $20 or $25, hemming the pant is $10 or $15? I cant remember, but I do remember they charge less than if you go to other tailor shops.
For the last question, I won't answer. It is an insult of my intelligent.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
8112 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 1:14 pm
My guess would be no, but you are welcome to try and report back.
Is the code SUITS20 still active? And it is 20% off as well?

The fitting is surprisingly good.
I remember last time I asked, shortening the sleeves for the jacket is around $20 or $25, hemming the pant is $10 or $15? I cant remember, but I do remember they charge less than if you go to other tailor shops.
For the last question, I won't answer. It is an insult of my intelligent.
If they do a craptacular job you are stuck with $300-$400 deadweight!! Once you remove material (slim down) it's hard to make it right again. Where's the guarantee that they will do a good job?
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4871 posts
1928 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
MtX wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 1:20 pm
If they do a craptacular job you are stuck with $300-$400 deadweight!! Where's the guarantee that they will do a good job?
In order to get guarantee, I have an idea that will help.
First, you pay someone double of what the suit and altering will cost as insurance fee for this transaction.
Then if you are not happy with it, this person can refund you the cost of the suit and altering.
Then this guarantee you get a good job or money back.
Would you like to purchase this insurance ?
Nov 9, 2015
17 posts
9 upvotes
MtX wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 1:13 pm

Their slim jacket fit me in my usual jacket size, however for their pants I had to mix and match and do contemporary instead of slim. And I usually wear slim pants always, and sometimes even skinny (like with Uniqlo jeans and Banana Republic chinos). Just too tight in the butt.

As for the adjustments, I had them done there and it was good. After the sales rep marks and pins the suit he takes you out back and one of the actual tailors checks it over. I can't remember the pricing but it was pretty standard, and they knocked I think $10 off and threw in a plain white pocket square. Didn't need sleeve length adjusted off the rack. Honestly this is the best fitting suit I've ever had. I don't wear suits often but received numerous compliments on this one a few weeks later at a wedding. And it's just a standard charcoal suit.

Not sure if you can refund after tailoring are made. You can also buy off the rack and bring to your own tailor.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
8112 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 1:26 pm
In order to get guarantee, I have an idea that will help.
First, you pay someone double of what the suit and altering will cost as insurance fee for this transaction.
Then if you are not happy with it, this person can refund you the cost of the suit and altering.
Then this guarantee you get a good job or money back.
Would you like to purchase this insurance ?
Agreed, there are no guarantees in life no matter how much you pay.... and I didn't order the suit just to wear it once and return it later if that's where you are trying to go. I legitimately need a new suit and I am giving this place a shot because of all the reviews on RFD. Some customer protection would be nice when the customer is not at fault :) is all I am saying.