Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3085 posts
827 upvotes
Moncton
knuks101 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2015 2:29 pm
Aaarghh, of course us in the west don't get their deals. :evil:
Doesn't help Albertans, but for BCers, both Frontier and Spirit fly out of Seattle and you can legally smoke a joint before federal airport security. Manitobans and some in Saskatchewan can fly out of North Dakota with Allegiant.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Jan 12, 2017
13 posts
2 upvotes
Yes flew with them BUF to FLL no problems it was fine.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
2061 posts
496 upvotes
Just flew Frontier out of Cleveland to Vegas and then drove to San Diego for $160US return including a checked bag. Couldn't beat the price for a family of 5 versus flying out of Pearson. Worth the 4hr drive to Cleveland for us for sure. No issues and would fly with them again.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2889 posts
612 upvotes
coolspot wrote:
Jun 12th, 2015 3:01 am
Really bad reviews, worst in the United States, but they're cheap. Set your expectations appropriate, and remember the old adage, you pay for what you get.
This is true about the reviews. However, we flew on Spirit Air for $29 each way from Seattle to Las Vegas and it was totally fine. The staff were courteous and had a great sense of humour. The plane was modern and felt safe. No complaints whatsoever.

I think the people who complain are the ones who don't read all the rules and conditions before they fly. Anything outside the rules will cost you. Food costs money, a bag larger than the one permitted costs extra, getting them to print your boarding pass for you costs, etc.

It's not luxury treatment for $29 each way but we tried it and enjoyed spending our airfare budget somewhere else on our trip. We would definitely do it again.
Nov 3, 2002
804 posts
40 upvotes
jsut flew spirit niagara to mco.

it was all fine.
I didn't find the seats super uncomfortable, fine for a flight upto 4 hours.

I would rather do that than take rouge from pearson.

in and out much quicker.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2006
1800 posts
95 upvotes
SW Ontario
I flew Spirit to Vegas last summer from Detroit. I opted for the exit row for the extra legroom. I would have opted for the Big Front Seat if available - the seats look tiny in a regular row.

Haven't flown Frontier in a while, but have heard good things from co-workers.
Feb 8, 2017
229 posts
82 upvotes
choclover wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 10:52 am
I think the people who complain are the ones who don't read all the rules and conditions before they fly. Anything outside the rules will cost you. Food costs money, a bag larger than the one permitted costs extra, getting them to print your boarding pass for you costs, etc.

It's not luxury treatment for $29 each way but we tried it and enjoyed spending our airfare budget somewhere else on our trip. We would definitely do it again.
i tend to agree with you. if you read beforehand what you are going to get with Spirit then you should be ok. it's not like anything is a secret as it's all explained on their website or you can do a quick google search.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2889 posts
612 upvotes
Spirit markets their $9 flights by saying "it's like paying for gas". Not bad if you can pull it off.