Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4672 upvotes
Between Countries
daivey wrote: Bring back BSG and my life is complete
badOne wrote: it'll be a re-reimagining then. Wouldn't even be with same cast since all of them are now over 45.
Ah well, I'm happy with the Ronald Moore BSG being the "definitive" BSG and content with its ending. The Expanse's story, however, has not yet been told in its entirety. And let's face facts; for an 8 book series, it's unlikely to ever get filmed to completion. But here's crossing fingers for at least a Season 4 from Amazon...
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19240 posts
17869 upvotes
GTA, ON
DiceMan wrote: Ah well, I'm happy with the Ronald Moore BSG being the "definitive" BSG and content with its ending. The Expanse's story, however, has not yet been told in its entirety. And let's face facts; for an 8 book series, it's unlikely to ever get filmed to completion. But here's crossing fingers for at least a Season 4 from Amazon...
I don't have Amazon prime :(
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
If we're talking about bringing back shows, I'd want to see a reboot or continuation of Babylon 5...
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5550 posts
2221 upvotes
M1GOmigs wrote: If we're talking about bringing back shows, I'd want to see a reboot or continuation of Babylon 5...
Mollari!
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5550 posts
2221 upvotes
Show keeps getting better and better
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Jan 15, 2017
353 posts
229 upvotes
Vancouver
Apparently Jeff Bezos just said they'll take the show. Guess I'll be renewing my prime subscription.

can't stop the work
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
YUP!!

https://www.engadget.com/2018/05/26/the ... e=Facebook

Shrewd move by Amazon, as mentioned they can now push physical sales alongside their show.

As a thank you, I might finally go ahead and buy the book box set now, which has been sitting on my Amazon wish list for a while...
Last edited by Redmask on May 26th, 2018 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Someone reported a URL shortener used in your link, I adjusted it for you.
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Jan 15, 2017
353 posts
229 upvotes
Vancouver
I thought I didn't really care about this all that much, but this news is making me pretty happy. Haven't liked a sci-fi show this much since Stargate.

I just renewed my Prime (was gonna let it expire) and preordered the season 3 bluray. I already bought all the books and previous blurays from them. The books are the kindle version though...
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
18145 posts
1741 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
M1GOmigs wrote: If we're talking about bringing back shows, I'd want to see a reboot or continuation of Babylon 5...
Current season of Expanse actually has a lot in common with B5 season 4!!
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
18145 posts
1741 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Is this show made in Toronto or Vancouver?
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
2081 posts
1062 upvotes
Toronto
I tried searching for this show on netflix (curious) but couldn't find it. I remembered seeing it before but didnt pay attention. Did they remove it?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
DimsumDeals wrote: I tried searching for this show on netflix (curious) but couldn't find it. I remembered seeing it before but didnt pay attention. Did they remove it?
Bell Media (Space and CraveTV) own the Canadian rights. Amazon owns the streaming rights in the US. Netflix never streamed this in North America.

unofficial Netflix online Global Search link for 'The Expanse'
https://unogs.com/video/?v=80029822
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
tk1000 wrote: Bell Media (Space and CraveTV) own the Canadian rights. Amazon owns the streaming rights in the US. Netflix never streamed this in North America.

unofficial Netflix online Global Search link for 'The Expanse'
https://unogs.com/video/?v=80029822
I wonder if that continues to season four. You would think (if it's possible) Amazon would want to retain the streaming rights to themselves, but it might be out of there control.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
18145 posts
1741 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
zod wrote: I wonder if that continues to season four. You would think (if it's possible) Amazon would want to retain the streaming rights to themselves, but it might be out of there control.
Jeff Bezos himself ordered Amazon Prime to buy the show.
It's staying with Amazon. Jeff Bezos himself is like the #1 fan.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21786 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
Man, Jung really can't catch a break
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
konfusion666 wrote: Jeff Bezos himself ordered Amazon Prime to buy the show.
It's staying with Amazon. Jeff Bezos himself is like the #1 fan.
That's awesome. I was kind of wondering if the company who produces the show might of presold streaming rights for foreign countries (aka Canada) past the season 3 that sci-fi had ordered. Sci-Fi only had TV rights in the US, so it occurred to me that contracts to distribute the show outside of US TV, might of had different expiry dates.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)