Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
6411 posts
2131 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Ah crap!!!!!!

I just saw this week's episode and it was great! Always leave it to SyFy to cancel a great show. Next up, more low budget Stargate.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7927 posts
890 upvotes
Victoria
chimaican wrote:
May 12th, 2018 8:02 am
Ah crap!!!!!!

I just saw this week's episode and it was great! Always leave it to SyFy to cancel a great show. Next up, more low budget Stargate.
Probably not? SciFi doesn't own Stargate. I think SyFy wants to make new properties that they completely own and develop. That way they have multiple revenue streams (not just TV ads) to see their wares.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
1831 posts
526 upvotes
Mississauga
Great show. I hope someone else picks it up.
jenviea wrote:
May 12th, 2018 12:26 pm
It's strange I think I saw a censored version of the fourth episode where you barely see what the kid did to the nurse(?) whereas the Innerspace recap had all the gruesome gore

https://www.space.ca/show/innerspace/cl ... 6558/1027/
I watched the full episode off space.ca and it was not censored. Maybe the broadcast version?
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
10624 posts
1258 upvotes
RFD
No way, I hope it doesn't die, such a good show than the other crap on television these days. Why do they keep cancelling good shows?
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3396 posts
734 upvotes
Toronto
radeonboy wrote:
May 17th, 2018 4:22 pm
No way, I hope it doesn't die, such a good show than the other crap on television these days. Why do they keep cancelling good shows?
Not enough people are watching it, and they don't have an unlimited budget to just make anything they want, especially if the ratings for a show are low.

Ratings are only counted for the live showing too and I feel like many people just PVR or worse, pirate the show. I know I'm guilty of PVR / watching on demand after because I watch The Americans on Wednesday nights.

What a shame.
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4341 posts
666 upvotes
Aurora
"You're not that guy". "I am that guy". Hands down, the last episode was the best of the series and that's saying loads in a series filled with great episodes. It would be a great disservice to the TV SF genre if no one picks it up. Apparently SyFy only gets profit on first/live views and nothing on streams. I get it - perhaps SyFy needs to be better negotiators or build a better revenue model rather than getting a reputation of cancelling good content.

I heard that NetFlix passed on it. So does that leave Amazon?

C'mon, it's difficult for me to accept they'll leave the next phase, Abaddon's Gate, hanging. All else before is really just a prologue. We're now two books in in an eight book series.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
2518 posts
794 upvotes
M1GOmigs wrote:
May 17th, 2018 4:43 pm
Not enough people are watching it, and they don't have an unlimited budget to just make anything they want, especially if the ratings for a show are low.

Ratings are only counted for the live showing too and I feel like many people just PVR or worse, pirate the show. I know I'm guilty of PVR / watching on demand after because I watch The Americans on Wednesday nights.

What a shame.
You haven't seen low until you see the ratings for The Outcast. Under 150k watch it live. They're still alive because the producers also do The Walking Dead.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1056 posts
275 upvotes
I've been having these build up on PVR as I've been watching a lot of Stanley Cup - for those that have watched, does it end on a cliffhanger - never to be solved?
That happened on Dark Matter and I was really pissed off.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
30625 posts
7550 upvotes
GTHA
Psychopathetic wrote:
May 18th, 2018 8:58 am
I've been having these build up on PVR as I've been watching a lot of Stanley Cup - for those that have watched, does it end on a cliffhanger - never to be solved?
That happened on Dark Matter and I was really pissed off.
the creators promise an end to the current season that will both satisfy fans and leave the door open for more.

from What really killed “The Expanse,” one of the best-reviewed sci-fi series on TV
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
6842 posts
2668 upvotes
Toronto
Bring back BSG and my life is complete
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
2518 posts
794 upvotes
daivey wrote:
May 21st, 2018 8:27 pm
Bring back BSG and my life is complete
it'll be a re-reimagining then. Wouldn't even be with same cast since all of them are now over 45.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
6842 posts
2668 upvotes
Toronto
badOne wrote:
May 21st, 2018 9:38 pm
it'll be a re-reimagining then. Wouldn't even be with same cast since all of them are now over 45.
true
im waiting for a BSG viper sim.