• Nov 7th, 2017 10:37 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
7419 posts
389 upvotes

Spoonful Buffet

I have only been to Spoonful dinner buffet and love their variety of selections especially buffet. Personally, I think it is the best seafood buffet restaurant we can find in GTA (Note: If there are other choices, please advise). I am thinking to try out Spoonful lunch buffet, but I wonder if they basically cut all seafood/sashimi from lunch menu, and serve stuff like typical Chinese Buffet e.g. Super Buffet. Thanks for sharing your experience.

http://ispoonful.com/
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7315 posts
482 upvotes
I recall being there for some free lunch buffet for some auto insurance thing (total RFD move).

Anyways I recall they still had some sushi/sashimi stuff. I recall eating lots of their shrimp etc.

Not bad to be honest.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
7419 posts
389 upvotes
Thanks for the information. Can I assume they won't open that seafood table (with crab legs, oysters, clams, etc) at the entrance for lunch ?
speedyforme wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 8:51 am
I recall being there for some free lunch buffet for some auto insurance thing (total RFD move).

Anyways I recall they still had some sushi/sashimi stuff. I recall eating lots of their shrimp etc.

Not bad to be honest.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7315 posts
482 upvotes
rdx wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 9:02 am
Thanks for the information. Can I assume they won't open that seafood table (with crab legs, oysters, clams, etc) at the entrance for lunch ?
You would assume correct. I did not recall seeing or consuming the expensive stuff.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9820 posts
880 upvotes
rdx wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 9:02 am
They have gone down hill in terms of variety. Lunch used to have a pretty decent seafood selection, but now it only has shrimp, mussels and octopus (which is the same thing you'll see in the sushi section). I don't know why they still have the skewers on the table. They haven't served escargot in years.

It's good to hear the dinner still has oysters and clams. Last time I went for dinner they only added crab legs. Did they have scallops as well? Was it a weekday or weekend?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
7419 posts
389 upvotes
Too bad they are going down hill. Any other alternatives for good seafood buffet in Toronto ? Like I said, Spoonful is my number 1 choice but I haven't been there for over a year.

I guess it is very tough to run a buffet in GTA with the increasing food costs. If they increase the price for keeping the varieties, then not many can afford the high price. But if they have to keep it below $30 per head (dinner), then they have to cut down on selections....... Just imagine, any typical HK cafe can easily charge close to $10 per order, and they are supposed to the best value Chinese food.
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 10:01 am
They have gone down hill in terms of variety. Lunch used to have a pretty decent seafood selection, but now it only has shrimp, mussels and octopus (which is the same thing you'll see in the sushi section). I don't know why they still have the skewers on the table. They haven't served escargot in years.

It's good to hear the dinner still has oysters and clams. Last time I went for dinner they only added crab legs. Did they have scallops as well? Was it a weekday or weekend?