Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sport Chek

Sport Check Store Pickering Town Centre Closing - 30% off everything

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2017 10:19 am
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
wmahmud wrote: Morningside Mall was first to go very long ago......next will be Malvern Town Centre...

Sucks for new stores that came into Pickering Town Centre... the new restaurants..and supposed updated Famous Players coming...

The reason PTC sucks is not because of location.. its the stores and selection there...half the main stream stores that are in other malls.. (Gap, Old Navy, etc. etc.) don't even exist in PTC, yet they have more then enough space to house them...
I've only gone to PTC for 1.5 years now, but the improvement in that time has been pretty significant to me. A lot of independent stores have made way for chains.

That's not to say it will survive, but it's an improvement nonetheless.
Mar 18, 2008
430 posts
408 upvotes
Toronto
dinger1981 wrote: Any leafs jerseys?
Went there, there are plenty for discounted $70 Reebok ones with draw strings. Couple for each sizes, more so for Large. Everything else is meh.
Sep 5, 2014
293 posts
290 upvotes
Ajax, ontario
Selection not great and prices are inflated. Some items are not cheaper even with the 30% off, and are cheaper on their own website.

Terrible experience there today, as I found a pair of pants with a $20 price tag. As I went to buy it, the girl at the register said there is a missing tag to scan the item, and told me I had to wait for a manager to find the tag. Waited 10 minutes, then asked how much longer, and was rudely told I had to wait until the manager found the tag. So I left before I lost my patience due to the long wait and bad customer service.

I also noticed while I was waiting, they don’t accept returns at this store now, so don’t bother returning there. Plus the security checkers were constantly going off as customers were leaving the store, for some reason which was quite annoying. I did see that two times it was because the employees were forgetting to remove the security tags.
Nov 17, 2014
81 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wmahmud wrote: Morningside Mall was first to go very long ago......next will be Malvern Town Centre...

Sucks for new stores that came into Pickering Town Centre... the new restaurants..and supposed updated Famous Players coming...

The reason PTC sucks is not because of location.. its the stores and selection there...half the main stream stores that are in other malls.. (Gap, Old Navy, etc. etc.) don't even exist in PTC, yet they have more then enough space to house them...
GAP,Baby Gap and Kids Gap was there but closed down almost 2 years ago.
Jun 24, 2016
204 posts
270 upvotes
I grabbed a pair of Nike shorts for $17 and a Nike half zip jogger long sleeve for $33, but yeah, selection mostly crap, and prices aren't good unless you can find stuff already discounted/yellow tagged. The two Nike things I grabbed were already marked down from $42 and $80 original prices.
Aug 21, 2016
233 posts
188 upvotes
Like many have mentioned in here, Pickering Town Centre's problem has always been major issues with the quality of stores in there. I can even speak for myself that on countless occasions, I'd find myself saying, "Oh, I'm going to have to go to Scarborough Town Centre or Yorkdale or Vaughan Mills" just so you can shop at stores that you WANT TO.

I also miss the "glory days" when I'm sure that a lot of us were teens/pre teens and there was the arcade by the Famous Players and a lot of kids hung out and shopped at the mall. They've always had stores like Spencer's and H&M for the longest time, but the true initiative to open more appealing stores which people actually wanted to shop at was never there.

Not even to be rude, but the mall has always given off the impression of a half dead old people mall, where old people are the only ones who care to shop there. Not to mention that half of the stores are "independent stores" like rug shops or random stores that look like they last made a sale in 2012.

Looking outside the mall now, I do also agree that they've made a vast improvement on building around the mall and starting to open more stores like Saks etc. I have no idea what is going in behind the Farm Boy grocery store but it looks to be a huge development with massive square footage. It truly is sad though that there are so many poor income generating stores in there and makes you wonder how they've even survived this long under those circumstances. Sears is going to be out of there now as well and that leaves a huge amount of empty retail space...
Last edited by JJohnson416 on Oct 19th, 2017 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
Always amusing to see the old people doing their exercise walking around PTC weekday mornings before everything opens.
Aug 21, 2016
233 posts
188 upvotes
chadw01 wrote: Always amusing to see the old people doing their exercise walking around PTC weekday mornings before everything opens.
Probably the most exciting thing about PTC...
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2008
1074 posts
744 upvotes
Pickering
JJohnson416 wrote:
Looking outside the mall now, I do also agree that they've made a vast improvement on building around the mall and starting to open more stores like Saks etc. I have no idea what is going in behind the Farm Boy grocery store but it looks to be a huge development with massive square footage. It truly is sad though that there are so many poor income generating stores in there and makes you wonder how they've even survived this long under those circumstances. Sears is going to be out of there now as well and that leaves a huge amount of empty retail space...
VIP Ciniplex - https://www.pickeringtowncentre.com/posts/redevelopment
Located in the west wing of the shopping centre, the new theatre will span over 46,000 square feet and feature 12 screens, including four VIP Cinemas auditoriums.
There is also a Pickle Barrel being built next to Farm Boy/Moxies.

I live just a couple mins away from it and agree with others, it is sad mall with many unoccupied spts or irrelevant stores that always look empty.
Aug 21, 2016
233 posts
188 upvotes
Phat$ wrote: VIP Ciniplex - https://www.pickeringtowncentre.com/posts/redevelopment

There is also a Pickle Barrel being built next to Farm Boy/Moxies.

I live just a couple mins away from it and agree with others, it is sad mall with many unoccupied spts or irrelevant stores that always look empty.
Oh ok. I didn't put two and two together. I just assumed that the redevelopment of the Cineplex would be on the same side as the original theater.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
2881 posts
5135 upvotes
vtse wrote: Will be interesting to see if GoPros included as they haven’t been in previous sales. Good time to utilize gift cards with sign up coupons.
Did anyone know if GoPros were included? I have gift cards to use.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2255 posts
1526 upvotes
Toronto
Tilter wrote: Did anyone know if GoPros were included? I have gift cards to use.
Previous store closings they just moved the stock to other locations apparently.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5805 posts
1972 upvotes
Toronto
Any good hockey gloves on good price? Looking for mid-high end ones price-wise.... like Bauer X900 or something
Oct 22, 2017
1 posts
Sears is closing down every where in Canada. Pickering town centre has been going downhill with its stores for the past few years but I think , they're coming back because the Cineplex VIP is coming and we have Miniso. Champs is being debated about coming back, we might get a Zara or Forever 21. I'll give the mall 2 years before I make my final decision.
Feb 21, 2017
21 posts
4 upvotes
When is the store closing/how long is the sale on for?
Banned
Oct 4, 2017
63 posts
11 upvotes
Canada
National Sports at Midtown Mall is closing down and having blowout sale still. I know this is unrelated but whatever
Oct 23, 2017
1 posts
1 upvote
They are closing December 17 for good. Next weeks deals maybe 40% off and according to staff they are getting more stock in.
Dec 28, 2006
810 posts
377 upvotes
Toronto
Any updates? Has the discount been bumped to 40% off?
Banned
Jul 31, 2016
437 posts
253 upvotes
I'd appreciate an update on the hockey gear stock levels.

In the market for compression pants, goalie stick, and goalie jersey.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)