Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sport Chek

CF Appreciation Exclusive Partnership Pricing Event [Targeted - CAF members, YMMV]

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2019 8:43 pm
Aug 24, 2015
552 posts
2211 upvotes
AB
torpdude wrote: Huh? Not sure what you are saying. You can join the military as an engineer... Cool fact. Royal Military College's engineering school has it's own nuclear reactor. Did yours have the same?
I’m not sure the military needs someone with pipeline design experience but I’d only consider joining the military if they got some sort of 75% off Military discount at Pizza 73 or like 40,000 free Aeroplan points or something. Not really worth defending my country if I can’t get at stack my military discount on a 20X points days at Shoppers, you know what I mean?
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2256 posts
6076 upvotes
Vancouver
torpdude wrote: So just curious.... How many people asking for codes are actually military? After serving (and still in) 30 years, I appreciate Sport Chek offering this to military personnel. But not going to lie, it peeves me to see this thread with RFDer's asking for the code when they are clearly not serving (or ever have been). You want the codes, then serve. (BTW, min requirements 17 years old, Canadian citizen, grade 10 education). Go to your local recruiting centre. We are hiring.
Agreed! Which is why I quit my job yesterday, went to my local recruitment centre today, and applied for the Canadian Armed Forc-WHAT do you mean the promo is over?!
Feb 18, 2019
41 posts
17 upvotes
My store asked for my military ID both times i used my code. I can only assume some ppl here got turned down.

Note: this was not a strictly Military only deal. This was also open to DND staff and supporting staff to the Canadian Military. Multiple government agencies who support the military were sent a code directly in their email
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8687 posts
1542 upvotes
Catspit37 wrote: My store asked for my military ID both times i used my code. I can only assume some ppl here got turned down.

Note: this was not a strictly Military only deal. This was also open to DND staff and supporting staff to the Canadian Military. Multiple government agencies who support the military were sent a code directly in their email
Such contrast. The 2 locations I went to encouraged sharing the code with family and friends. The line ups today were huge for the final day.

And yes, the discount was aimed at the broader cf community and not just active military. My neighbour works for a non-forces/DND organization and he still qualifies for the cf appreciation program/this promo.

I bought more stuff today and combined with the 20x triangle points, I ended up saving ~40% overall and got ~7% cash back for crappy tire. Ended up buying a lot of stuff doe the kids.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2018
1119 posts
735 upvotes
Toronto
I also heard the navy is in desperate need of recruits for its glorified ice breaker unit. Recent major deployments of the western fleet to the Asian theatre to support allies tactics using our expertise with salt cannons and infernal harpoons STA to clear icebergs before an assault.

I also received a code in addition to the previous offers yet I only deal in 3rd party logistics with military service personnel.
Aug 24, 2015
552 posts
2211 upvotes
AB
torpdude wrote: Lol. Coward.
I’m just playing with ya. I didn’t use this code personally for the same reason -I would feel uncomfortable pretending to be in the armed forces. I just thought it was really funny when you suggested that people join the armed forces to get a sportchek coupon. Couldn’t help myself.
Apr 17, 2015
999 posts
866 upvotes
Toronto, ON
puglife644 wrote: I’m just playing with ya. I didn’t use this code personally for the same reason -I would feel uncomfortable pretending to be in the armed forces. I just thought it was really funny when you suggested that people join the armed forces to get a sportchek coupon. Couldn’t help myself.
"Sport Chek would like to extend Partnership Pricing to the Canadian Military Staff and their family and friends for a limited time!"

You can also join the reserves as an engineer or any other trade. You can get paid not only to build bridges, but blow stuff up. Or get paid to jump out of perfectly good working planes, or go diving to deactivate IEDs. There are many high income people including financial guys and CEOs that join the reserves for whatever reason.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
7407 posts
2998 upvotes
Whitby
k9fire wrote: "Sport Chek would like to extend Partnership Pricing to the Canadian Military Staff and and friends for a limited time!"
guys asking for codes want to be friends.