Expired Hot Deals

[Sport Chek] Garmin Vivoactive HR GPS multi-sport watch and activity tracker $199

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2017 10:24 am
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
4571 posts
122 upvotes
London
I bought a TomTom Spark Music -- for me it's more about having something that can track my run while giving me the ability to listen to music. Frees me from having to bring my phone, which is pretty awesome. And it's waterproof too...so if you have wireless bluetooth headphones you can even swim with music!
Jun 1, 2005
571 posts
59 upvotes
^Yeah, that new one looks way better than the current one. Hopefully the actual screen will be better as well
Jun 6, 2005
467 posts
4 upvotes
Wow. That v3 looks nice! Great work Garmin. They are now the ones to beat in the wearable fitness trackers!

For those that jump on the Vivoactive HR, I highly recommend the "NoFrills" watch face - you can download in the Garmin store from the mobile app.
[OP]
Aug 27, 2009
521 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto
I've tried the ActiFace and DigiClear watch faces and they are both great. I'm really impressed with all the apps available on the Garmin Connect IQ site. There's almost too much functionality as I really need to read up on how to use this thing. Can anyone recommend a good run or race watch face? I could have really used an estimated finish time for my sportinglife 10k run.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6946 posts
1004 upvotes
Ajax
whiteGSR wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 6:02 pm
^Yeah, that new one looks way better than the current one. Hopefully the actual screen will be better as well
Looks nice but would the battery be same as these or more like the Samsung gear line where you have to charge every other day..
Nov 12, 2004
40 posts
5 upvotes
Calgary
i bought this unit for $199 during Christmas sale from Costco, had it for 2 months and reluctantly returned it. When it worked the watch was fantastic, and I really liked it as an all-around exercise tracking device (you can read all the good comments above). However, after 6 weeks the HR monitor became wonky and without it, the watch suddenly became a fancy pedometer.
Aug 2, 2017
51 posts
25 upvotes
Calgary, AB
bobcat99 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 12:08 pm
Looks nice but would the battery be same as these or more like the Samsung gear line where you have to charge every other day..
On my Vivoactive HR, I charge it once or twice a week, depending on how long I ride my bike during my activities. Having said that, I never like having less than 40% on it, hence why it's so frequent. My wife has the Vivosmart HR and she needs to charge it every 4th day or so and she runs it till it dies. A buddy of mine has the Fenix 5S and he's never complained about battery/charging. I've also got a Garmin GPS unit which has great battery life.

I guess what I'm trying to say is Garmin has never been disappointing with their battery life. Being that the new Vivoactive 3 is shaped similar to the Fenix, I would suspect it to have similar battery capacity. Plus, being a lesser model than the Fenix, I would also think there's less sensors, which would also give more battery time if the two units share a battery. Just my speculation.
Apr 29, 2014
584 posts
99 upvotes
Pickering, ON
MAN!!!!!! should I buy this vivoactive now or wait for the vivoactive 3?
This is tough.
Mar 30, 2010
72 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
SleepyEyez wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 2:26 pm
MAN!!!!!! should I buy this vivoactive now or wait for the vivoactive 3?
This is tough.
Well, you can bet the Vivoactive 3 will be a lot more than $200 when it launches, so it's a question of value. The 3 looks nice, but is it worth an extra $100?
Dec 12, 2003
696 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
It was on sale at this price at Best Buy in the past as well. I returned mine. The display is absolutely horrible. Casio watches from the 80's have a better display. The watch also looks and feels incredibly cheap.

Garmin watches are pricey and it's unacceptable that for large profit margins they skimp out on build material.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
2734 posts
192 upvotes
Ordered one but too late to cancelled
I will refuse shipment I guess
RFD Damage...lost count

HEATWARE
eBay
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
3858 posts
355 upvotes
Montreal
achc,

Just because a couple of people had complaints doesn't mean it's a bad product for you.
I have the previous model before HR and other Garmin products and I find them all to be terrific.
I am considering buying this one also and I'm sure that I will be happy with mine.
Phils
[OP]
Aug 27, 2009
521 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto
I think the display is a good trade-off for battery life, i'd much rather have longer battery life with an always on display rather than having to charge it every night. Right now i'm on track for it to last 5 days.
Mar 26, 2005
356 posts
24 upvotes
bigred123 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 11:07 pm
Wow. That v3 looks nice! Great work Garmin. They are now the ones to beat in the wearable fitness trackers!

For those that jump on the Vivoactive HR, I highly recommend the "NoFrills" watch face - you can download in the Garmin store from the mobile app.
i've tried a bunch of different faces and I agree 'NoFrills' is great. Good size text/screen info. I find the others have too much data and very hard to read.