Expired Hot Deals

[Sport Chek] Garmin Vivoactive HR GPS multi-sport watch and activity tracker $199

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2017 10:24 am
Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
2734 posts
192 upvotes
Phils wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 3:19 pm
achc,
Just because a couple of people had complaints doesn't mean it's a bad product for you.
I have the previous model before HR and other Garmin products and I find them all to be terrific.
I am considering buying this one also and I'm sure that I will be happy with mine.
Its just with V3 around the corner, with better design, newer technology and better looking aesthetic wise. Also how is probably more scratch resistance as well.
This one looks like an iWatch and I am not an Apple fan anymore.
RFD Damage...lost count

HEATWARE
eBay
Aug 2, 2017
51 posts
25 upvotes
Calgary, AB
achc wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 5:45 pm
Its just with V3 around the corner, with better design, newer technology and better looking aesthetic wise. Also how is probably more scratch resistance as well.
This one looks like an iWatch and I am not an Apple fan anymore.
Also consider this though... The Vivoactive HR is currently on sale for $199... The MSRP for it was recently increased to $330 (from $249). It would suggest that the Vivoactive 3 would likely be $330 or more when it's released. Plus it won't likely go on sale soon due it being a newer product. There will always be newer technology coming out. It's a matter of finding the right fit for you - price, features, quality. Honestly, I love my HR and would strongly recommend that to anyone. And no, I'm not getting paid to say this. I just believe in a strong product for good value.
Jun 6, 2005
467 posts
4 upvotes
azndealfinder wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 6:07 pm
Also consider this though... The Vivoactive HR is currently on sale for $199... The MSRP for it was recently increased to $330 (from $249). It would suggest that the Vivoactive 3 would likely be $330 or more when it's released. Plus it won't likely go on sale soon due it being a newer product. There will always be newer technology coming out. It's a matter of finding the right fit for you - price, features, quality. Honestly, I love my HR and would strongly recommend that to anyone. And no, I'm not getting paid to say this. I just believe in a strong product for good value.
The Vivoactive HR was $330 when it launched last year.
Aug 2, 2017
51 posts
25 upvotes
Calgary, AB
bigred123 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 8:58 pm
The Vivoactive HR was $330 when it launched last year.
I wasn't aware of that. Only got mine recently.
Apr 29, 2014
584 posts
99 upvotes
Pickering, ON
For those who have this or any other GPS base fitness tracker, I have 1 very important question (trying to sound like Trump).

Can I use this to track my children location? without paying a monthly fee?
I was thinking of getting this and use it until VivoActive 3 price drop and use the VivoActive HR as a GPS tracker for my kid.

I can remove the band and pin the face to the inside of my son's pant or toss into his bag pack.

Is this possible?
Sep 28, 2003
306 posts
24 upvotes
SleepyEyez wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 9:32 am
For those who have this or any other GPS base fitness tracker, I have 1 very important question (trying to sound like Trump).

I was thinking of getting this and use it until VivoActive 3 price drop and use the VivoActive HR as a GPS tracker for my kid.

I can remove the band and pin the face to the inside of my son's pant or toss into his bag pack.

Is this possible?
Sounds like it could be possible but the battery would run out faster. If the battery can last a day using GPS then try it out. If they have cell phones, you could install software on their phones to track them that way.
[OP]
Aug 27, 2009
521 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto
SleepyEyez wrote:
No i don't think this is possible, any GPS device would need a sim card to be able to track it remotely. A better option would be a cellphone. Google maps supports a "share location" feature which works to show exactly where you are to whoever you are sharing with. I'm sure there are better apps that also have location history (breadcrumbs) as well.
Apr 29, 2014
584 posts
99 upvotes
Pickering, ON
cool canuck wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 10:19 am
No i don't think this is possible, any GPS device would need a sim card to be able to track it remotely. A better option would be a cellphone. Google maps supports a "share location" feature which works to show exactly where you are to whoever you are sharing with. I'm sure there are better apps that also have location history (breadcrumbs) as well.
SIM card required a monthly fee
[OP]
Aug 27, 2009
521 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto
SleepyEyez wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 10:22 am
SIM card required a monthly fee
Yeah, so no way to do it right now but i'm sure the peace of mind is worth the monthly cost. Whatsapp is beta testing a share location feature like google maps that with a knowroaming sim could be the free solution you're looking for, but who knows if and when it will be released.
Aug 2, 2017
51 posts
25 upvotes
Calgary, AB
SleepyEyez wrote:

Is this possible?
When you're in an activity, it is possible to have live track online and allow for your connections to follow. However, as said above, it won't be the best option because of the price and battery life.

For example of battery life: I rode 26km over a span of 3 hours (with a lunch break) and it drained my battery about 25%. This would mean all my sensors are on, connected to a couple over bike sensors via Bluetooth, while at the same time using GPS to track my route.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2003
1288 posts
78 upvotes
Mississauga
uggghh missed this sale
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
3359 posts
164 upvotes
ChiGGz wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 12:50 pm
uggghh missed this sale
NEVER MIND - must have been looking at something else. My mistake.

Okay, very strange - I got an email from Best Buy this morning showing this watch on sale for $199.99 - $100 off (their words, not mine) but when I click the link, it shows as $329.99.

Here's a screenshot of the email I received this morning:
Images
  • Screenshot_20170811-121205.png