[Sport Chek] K2 Cinch TS bindings 2018 $149.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2018 6:50 pm
[OP]
Aug 27, 2017
43 posts
32 upvotes

[Sport Chek] K2 Cinch TS bindings 2018 $149.99

Great rear entry bindings at a price you can't go wrong with. Don't forget ebates and 10% off coupon for email sign up.
25 replies
Jul 29, 2011
62 posts
36 upvotes
Vancouver
I have an older version of these, which I've used for 5 seasons. They're good for beginner / intermediate. Quite heavy with a dead feel, but the rear entry is great for easy on / off.

I bought the Ride Rodeo 2016 from Sportchek which is $167 on sale and a fantastic binding.
Jan 15, 2017
78 posts
47 upvotes
I bought these hoping they would be a suitable replacement for some device step in bindings that I had which the boots fell apart after like 20 years. Unfortunately the device were awesome and these suck in comparison. Hard to get your boot in standing up, impossible to put your foot in while on the move, and you can put them on while sitting like traditional bindings but what's the point of rear entry then. These bindings are trying to solve a problem that device step in solved better decades ago.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2002
4450 posts
567 upvotes
Toronto
Get Unions.
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro
'18 Union Flite Pro Red
'08 K2 T1
Oct 3, 2006
179 posts
10 upvotes
North York
I've been looking for Flow or K2 rear entry so purchased it. Thanks OP.
Will be curious to see how it performs...
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
2103 posts
623 upvotes
London
I was in SC late last week and the guy I was chatting with said this coming weekend they're having a further in store reduction on current year boots and bindings, from 20% to 40%off. (YMMV London Hyde park location).

I know these are already 50% off, but something to consider if you're binding shopping over the next week or so.
[OP]
Aug 27, 2017
43 posts
32 upvotes
tickyboy wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 10:20 pm
I was in SC late last week and the guy I was chatting with said this coming weekend they're having a further in store reduction on current year boots and bindings, from 20% to 40%off. (YMMV London Hyde park location).

I know these are already 50% off, but something to consider if you're binding shopping over the next week or so.
I'll keep an eye for that! Can always ask to adjust price or return and repurchase.
Dec 10, 2012
105 posts
20 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Sorry to hijack but whats a decent boot to go with this? I am not looking to spend a fortune on it though.
Aug 1, 2013
219 posts
63 upvotes
The Lower Mainland
ProfessorChaos wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 3:46 pm
Get Unions.
I bought union forces and the screws kept coming loose on the straps where they attach to the bindings. This mechanism looks to be the same on every one of their bindings and is pretty annoying.
Since then, I've switched over to burton genesis and love them.
To buy or not to buy...
[OP]
Aug 27, 2017
43 posts
32 upvotes
hkhorace wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 12:15 am
Sorry to hijack but whats a decent boot to go with this? I am not looking to spend a fortune on it though.
You really need to try a bunch of different brands on and see which ones feel comfortable. I personally found K2 boots to work well for me, so I ordered the Darko, which are also at a great price. You have this season's model for $188.99 and last season's model for $161.99. Shouldn't be much difference, so I just went with last season's. Links below:
https://www.sportchek.ca/product/332352 ... =332352531
https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/sho ... olor%5D=99
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2002
4450 posts
567 upvotes
Toronto
Chris9446 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 12:21 am
I bought union forces and the screws kept coming loose on the straps where they attach to the bindings. This mechanism looks to be the same on every one of their bindings and is pretty annoying.
Since then, I've switched over to burton genesis and love them.
Haven't had that happen yet but will look out for that. Used to ride Rome 390s for a few seasons but the ankle straps just snapped after about 20 days and the screws kept coming loose from the board even with Loctite.

The Genesis look great. Great choice.

Honestly not a fan of these step in style bindings. Never been. No feel and heavy. Haven't tried the new Burton system but there's a reason why pros don't use it yet.
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro
'18 Union Flite Pro Red
'08 K2 T1
[OP]
Aug 27, 2017
43 posts
32 upvotes
ProfessorChaos wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 1:18 am
Haven't had that happen yet but will look out for that. Used to ride Rome 390s for a few seasons but the ankle straps just snapped after about 20 days and the screws kept coming loose from the board even with Loctite.

The Genesis look great. Great choice.

Honestly not a fan of these step in style bindings. Never been. No feel and heavy. Haven't tried the new Burton system but there's a reason why pros don't use it yet.
Don't confuse rear entry and step in. They are 2 very different systems (although meant to help with a similar issue).
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1384 posts
345 upvotes
Toronto
tomadams wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 3:42 pm
I bought these hoping they would be a suitable replacement for some device step in bindings that I had which the boots fell apart after like 20 years. Unfortunately the device were awesome and these suck in comparison. Hard to get your boot in standing up, impossible to put your foot in while on the move, and you can put them on while sitting like traditional bindings but what's the point of rear entry then. These bindings are trying to solve a problem that device step in solved better decades ago.
If you can't get your boot in standing up, you're tightening them too tight.
Why would you need to put this binding on, while on the move?
Why would you need to sit down and put the binding on, when you can stand and put your foot into it and then snap the back?

I've had flows and now this K2 and they're great. I think you should give them another go and try to figure out how to actually use them.