Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

The North Face Gotham Jacket $238.50 and 2k Scene

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2015 10:56 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1478 posts
521 upvotes
GTA
Great jacket -- one problem... grey or black!?!?!?!?!

Originally picked up grey, and tried on the black today in-store. Both are great. Dammit, why did I try on both colours?
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
2234 posts
731 upvotes
Toronto
Cospa wrote: Anyone have any TA coupons?
I have TA coupons pm me
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22706 posts
3696 upvotes
dk87 wrote: keep in mind GCs don't work online. You will be missing out on the 6% ebates
Easy fix. Order online with ebates, then go in store and change over to the gift cards. You get both discounts and buy some time for the cards to ship.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
2551 posts
1071 upvotes
Ontario
slim_shady wrote: Great jacket -- one problem... grey or black!?!?!?!?!

Originally picked up grey, and tried on the black today in-store. Both are great. Dammit, why did I try on both colours?
Went with Gray for safety reason

At night you'll be pitch black lol
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
7611 posts
5047 upvotes
Was able to exchange my Medium to a Large. The arm length was a bit longer and it felt more comfortable width wise since I am medium built. The medium felt a little too fitted on me. Even with a Large, it did not feel and look bulky on me like my Medium TNF Ice jacket.

Also, now I'm able to zip it way up to the neck without putting on the hood. This was not possible with the medium.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
4497 posts
725 upvotes
slim_shady wrote: Great jacket -- one problem... grey or black!?!?!?!?!

i went for black, grey is too light imo.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2007
1650 posts
578 upvotes
Toronto
I wish it was Mcmurdo on sale. Does Mcmurdo ever go on sale? I don't think I've seen it on sale.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
3740 posts
3963 upvotes
Toronto
gyong3 wrote: I wish it was Mcmurdo on sale. Does Mcmurdo ever go on sale? I don't think I've seen it on sale.
Last year they had it on sale for 30% - 40% off. Haven't seen it on sale yet this year.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
7611 posts
5047 upvotes
gyong3 wrote: I wish it was Mcmurdo on sale. Does Mcmurdo ever go on sale? I don't think I've seen it on sale.
Hm, a black mcmurdo parka would be a nice complimentary winter jacket to my grey gotham II.
May 17, 2010
561 posts
44 upvotes
Do these jackets only go down to your waste? I'm almost 6'3 slim/athletic build and they only have XL in black left. Scared it'll go down to my belly button.
Jul 23, 2009
721 posts
491 upvotes
Just picked up a Gotham jacket for Wife, it was 329 yesterday, but now has 25% discount, combined with 10% email code, comes to 222.74 + tax.
GCR has 5.5% rebate.
May 17, 2010
561 posts
44 upvotes
desi_mtl_dude wrote: Just picked up a Gotham jacket for Wife, it was 329 yesterday, but now has 25% discount, combined with 10% email code, comes to 222.74 + tax.
GCR has 5.5% rebate.
Does the transaction show up in your GCR right away? I did one as well but not sure if it worked...
Jul 23, 2009
721 posts
491 upvotes
bullocks wrote: Does the transaction show up in your GCR right away? I did one as well but not sure if it worked...
do you mean the click summary? the transaction will generally show up in a couple of days when the rebate is released by provider.
May 17, 2010
561 posts
44 upvotes
desi_mtl_dude wrote: do you mean the click summary? the transaction will generally show up in a couple of days when the rebate is released by provider.
Yeah in my click summary it shows the sportcheck tracked ID. Thats about it tho was just wondering since ive never used GCR before.
Jul 23, 2009
721 posts
491 upvotes
Yes, That is OK. GCR will get a report from Sportcheck about the rebate and orders and then GCR will apply that amount to your account. then it will show up in transactions. generally takes around 2 weeks. then after a waiting period, you could request cash-out
Feb 22, 2015
527 posts
299 upvotes
Toronto
Asad_A203 wrote: In terms of fit, I am 5'7 145lb and the small fits okay size wise, but I wouldn't really consider it a fashioned fit as some other people were saying in the other thread; this jacket is pretty bulky. I don't really consider that a bad thing for a winter jacket as I could wear a ton of layers/ a suit underneath and it would still fit okay. In regards to warmth, it feels denser than my Columbia Omni-heat jacket which was comfortable enough to wear with just a t-shirt underneath in -40C weather in Winnipeg. Warmth is a personal thing but IMO, this jacket is more than enough for Toronto weather, lol.

Some other things to point out that I think are a bit crappier in comparison to my Columbia jacket: 1) the pockets are not zippered and the front pockets are a bit small (good for putting your hands in but that is about it, not really meant for holding stuff), 2) there is an inside pocket for a cellphone but it isn't that big so if you have a giant phone like I do (Note 4), you might have problems fitting it in there, 3) the wrists and bottom of the jacket are not adjustable so it might be excessively baggy for some.

The best thing about this jacket is the built-in neck gaiter, probably not necessary for Toronto but I will be using it when I get back to Winnipeg this winter lol.
Tried on the Gotham today in a size small and it didn't fit well enough. I'm 5"7 also.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
4497 posts
725 upvotes
the Mcmurdo on sportcheck is Mcmurdo I ?

edit nvm, its a II, too bad ebates is 3% now =(
Nov 23, 2014
8 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Thanks OP grabbed a large from the grand opening in sq1 today. As for the quality looks like it will last long. I am 6ft athletic slim and a large was comfy on me. Medium was a little tight

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)