Expired Hot Deals

[Sport Chek] Sport Chek - The North Face Gotham Men's Jacket $179.99, 50% on many jackets, pants (Free shipping)

  • Last Updated:
  • May 4th, 2017 1:55 pm
Jr. Member
Aug 16, 2009
169 posts
44 upvotes
whoa-albert wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 3:12 am
Not necessarily. It depends on the amount of fill. And I highly doubt you own both jackets to make a statement like that. 600 vs. 550 down fill also is negligible.
I do. I find alpinetek warmer.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2675 posts
541 upvotes
Mississauga
Anyone willing to swap a brand new Black Small for a brand new Black Medium? I got a small and medium would be a better fit.
Mississauga / Milton.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1348 posts
528 upvotes
Laval
TNF...lifetime warranty, no receipt needed

Had the zipper of my 2008 Gotham jacket replaced for free (purolator shipping included)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 21, 2006
2936 posts
213 upvotes
This deal still on?
====================================
Member
Aug 7, 2014
436 posts
155 upvotes
whoa-albert wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 3:12 am
Not necessarily. It depends on the amount of fill. And I highly doubt you own both jackets to make a statement like that. 600 vs. 550 down fill also is negligible.
Yes, I dont own this jacket, as I do find the sale price tag of $179 over-rated with 550 down fill, like a canada goose jacket selling over $600 with as low as 625 down fill. This Gotham jacket is also silent on its down/feather fill ratio, while the Alpinetek one has 90% down 10% feather fill and that is warm. I do own the Alpinetek one and it is warm.

FTC Guideline: Any product with at least 75% down clusters may be labeled as "Down". The remaining 25% are usually comprised of down and feather fibers and small feathers (less then a few cm - can be up to 6 cm).
Newbie
Mar 17, 2015
68 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto, ON
psudolam wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 10:12 am
Yes, I dont own this jacket, as I do find the sale price tag of $179 over-rated with 550 down fill, like a canada goose jacket selling over $600 with as low as 625 down fill. This Gotham jacket is also silent on its down/feather fill ratio, while the Alpinetek one has 90% down 10% feather fill and that is warm. I do own the Alpinetek one and it is warm.

FTC Guideline: Any product with at least 75% down clusters may be labeled as "Down". The remaining 25% are usually comprised of down and feather fibers and small feathers (less then a few cm - can be up to 6 cm).
Down fill count aside, what about the comparison of overall built quality? I'm on the fence with NF i bought, i do feel $200 all incl is still high as i am not fan of NF Gotham II style.
Newbie
Jul 27, 2013
73 posts
44 upvotes
New Westminster
As of today, there are still a couple left in the Sport chek at Park Royal (West Van), $179. One small (lighter grey, gotham 2), and one medium (darker grey, gotham 1). And some large ones in black at Atmosphere next door.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 14, 2007
2673 posts
173 upvotes
GTA
Got my coat today and I'll be turning it to the store. I actually don't find it to be too warm, plus I'm not a fan of the way it fits. Oh well, worth a shot.

Top