Hot Deals

[Sport Chek] Spy Marshall Ski & Snowboard Goggle 2017/18 - Nocturnal with Happy Rose Lens

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2018 6:44 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1052 posts
351 upvotes
Toronto

[Sport Chek] Spy Marshall Ski & Snowboard Goggle 2017/18 - Nocturnal with Happy Rose Lens

Very good deal consider this is happy lens which is equivalent to Oakley's prizm or Smith's chromapop lens.

FEATURES
SPY’s game-changing Happy Lens for enhanced terrain contrast and max optical clarity
Custom built from flexible polyurethane for seasons of use and features the Scoop® ventilation system that increases airflow to decrease fog-forming sweat and moisture
Anti-fog 5.5-base ARC® spherical dual-lens with anti-scratch protection for increased visual performance and impact protection
Triple-layer Isotron™ face foam with moisture-wicking Dri-Force™ fleece
Silicone-ribbed strap prevents the goggle from slipping on your helmet or headwear
Compatible with the most popular helmets on the planet
SPECIFICATIONS
100% UV protection to shield against damaging high-altitude sunlight
Marshall replacement lens
Happy microfiber goggle pouch (colours may vary)
Fit: Medium/Large
47 replies
Mar 31, 2008
312 posts
133 upvotes
Calgary
Good find, I've always liked spy for some more bizzare colors.
These are a bit more plain looking for the more standard shopper.
Jan 13, 2006
54 posts
7 upvotes
Coquitlam
Did anyone else buy this? According to the website this comes with a replacement lens. The one I bought didn't have one in the box
but the packaging didn't list an extra lens either.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1052 posts
351 upvotes
Toronto
Mr Roboto wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 10:00 am
Did anyone else buy this? According to the website this comes with a replacement lens. The one I bought didn't have one in the box
but the packaging didn't list an extra lens either.
It just say the goggle has the ability to change lens but it doesn’t come with one.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2491 posts
622 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Any discount code to use?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
1744 posts
191 upvotes
Good deal, love my Spy goggles and love the fact there are so many lenses you can get.
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.
Aug 17, 2006
71 posts
9 upvotes
Awesome post, unfortunately from reading elsewhere it seems it's designed for smaller faces.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
2343 posts
909 upvotes
Montreal
tenth wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 11:22 am
Awesome post, unfortunately from reading elsewhere it seems it's designed for smaller faces.
Ah, do they have a different size though? This says M/L.

And it says nocturnal. I only night ski so this would be ideal? Or is it just the name of the color
Aug 17, 2006
71 posts
9 upvotes
daviiiiiid wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 11:25 am

And it says nocturnal. I only night ski so this would be ideal? Or is it just the name of the color
This model seems to come in a fixed size. I was looking at reviews and comments on Evo. If I had a normal size head, I'd probably take a flyer and return if it didn't fit. But with a giant noggin, I don't think it's worth my time. From the description on Evo, "The medium frame size and spherical lens is the final word for smaller face sizes and ladies who want all of the technology without a watermelon-sized frame".
https://www.evo.com/goggles/spy-marshall

For the lens, my initial digging seemed to indicate it was just the name for the lens colour. According to the Evo link, the lens is suitable for "Sunny/Bright Light, Partly Cloudy/Medium Light".
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1052 posts
351 upvotes
Toronto
daviiiiiid wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 11:25 am

for sizing, Just buy and try it. U can always refund after if doesn’t buy and not used. M/L fits more ppl unless u are really tall and big. S/m is more for female or smaller men’s.

For night ski, u don’t need happy lens, just need a clear lens as those lens are more for overcast condition. Personally, I think it works ok under full sun too.
Apr 7, 2009
55 posts
6 upvotes
toronto
Seems like a good deal. For a beginner skier, will the quality difference be noticeable or would something for $30-$40 do for now? Thx
Nov 24, 2014
220 posts
114 upvotes
are these comparable to the oakley airbrakes? I broke mine over the weekend on the terrain park.

Make sure you always have a helmet on when doing snow sports folks!
Apr 27, 2008
877 posts
237 upvotes
Edmonton
Remember this particular lens that comes with it is for full sun conditions. So if the slopes you ski on are shaded (north facing), you won't benefit from the increased detail as everything will be too dark.

I will note that I have this model with other lens, and it is very comfortable for a medium sized face, giving you the spherical lens without protruding extensively like the Oakleys or even the Smiths.
Nov 24, 2014
220 posts
114 upvotes
Rmb to sign up for mailing list when purchasing online for extra 10% off. Email comes in ~30 min
Nov 29, 2013
452 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
Is it a sure thing that we can return to a store if it is in brand new condition, unused and just simply does not fit?

Would really like to replace the bole goggles i got from winners