Hot Deals

[Sport Chek] Spy Marshall Ski & Snowboard Goggle 2017/18 - Nocturnal with Happy Rose Lens

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2018 6:44 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1355 posts
335 upvotes
Toronto
ngleu wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 12:10 pm
Seems like a good deal. For a beginner skier, will the quality difference be noticeable or would something for $30-$40 do for now? Thx
The only thing that matters in a lense is that it DOESN"T FOGGGGGG. I've been snowboarding for over 10 years and I have to say, this is the only thing I care about.

The great thing about SPY goggles is their design, They have these "unique" vents that flush air through the lense so it doesn't fog. I have noticed this with even their cheapest models, which is why I recommend SPY to everyone.
Jul 4, 2005
451 posts
7 upvotes
does this fit over eye glasses? if not, any recommended goggles that fit over eye glasses?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1054 posts
353 upvotes
Toronto
ao_tenshi wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 2:22 pm
does this fit over eye glasses? if not, any recommended goggles that fit over eye glasses?
This is not over the glasses. I suggest u get inserts rather then over the glasses as it doesn’t fit comfortably. Plus u can use it on any goggle or even VR.

I used This one, https://www.gogglesnmore.com/universal- ... i-goggles/

For otc, I think Oakley flight deck is the best but it is 150-200 and it hardly goes on sale. Oakley line miner is very good too.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1054 posts
353 upvotes
Toronto
jellytime wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 1:11 pm
The only thing that matters in a lense is that it DOESN"T FOGGGGGG. I've been snowboarding for over 10 years and I have to say, this is the only thing I care about.

The great thing about SPY goggles is their design, They have these "unique" vents that flush air through the lense so it doesn't fog. I have noticed this with even their cheapest models, which is why I recommend SPY to everyone.
I think u can’t go wrong with spy, Oakley or smith.
Oct 10, 2001
48 posts
2 upvotes
Sudbury
Great deal OP. There were some in stock locally for me. I have a big head (63cm) and the fit was ok. Tried with a helmet and I'm hoping they'll stretch a little as I'm at the max of the strap.
Oct 7, 2008
838 posts
109 upvotes
Does this spy not fog at -20 to -30? That's when the fog then freezes and you cant wipe it off. Eventually cant see. Kind of annoying (dangerous.)
Aug 22, 2007
428 posts
176 upvotes
jellytime wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 1:11 pm

+1 for preferring a goggle that prevents fogging. If you put them on, Try and keep them on the entire time. Taking them (goggles in general) on and off from run to run seems to cause fogs to happen more frequently.
Apr 7, 2007
350 posts
36 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Thanks OP. Bought a pair. I have some nice Smith goggles but thought these would be nice in low light conditions and instead of buying a different lense might as well just buy a different set of goggles.
Want to type googles instead of goggles.
Apr 27, 2008
877 posts
237 upvotes
Edmonton
cheapmother wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 9:55 pm
Thanks OP. Bought a pair. I have some nice Smith goggles but thought these would be nice in low light conditions and instead of buying a different lense might as well just buy a different set of goggles.
Want to type googles instead of goggles.
Wrong goggles for low light; as I indicated earlier in the thread, they are fur bright sunny conditions. Someone else posted the VLTs for Spy lens as well which supports what I said. These goggles have ~13% visible light transmission (vlt), so they let very little light through and are meant for full sun conditions.
Last edited by canukeneh on Jan 7th, 2018 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 7, 2007
350 posts
36 upvotes
Calgary, AB
canukeneh wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 11:15 am
Wrong goggles for low light; as I indicated earlier in the thread, they are fur bright sunny conditions. So else posted the VLTs for Spy lens as well which supports what I said. These goggles have ~13% visible light transmission (vlt), so they let very little light through and are meant for full sun conditions.
Thanks, should have read your post before. I see that now...
Aug 11, 2017
7 posts
4 upvotes
Got this at Sports Experts in Montreal for 80$.

Looks like a good deal, similar quality is often twice the price. They are a huge upgrade over my previous Spy googles, which are probably around 10 years old

Anyone knows where we can get a good deal on replacement lens? I'd like to get a 2nd lens for low light conditions
Last edited by npoirier636322917896440000 on Jan 7th, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aug 27, 2017
37 posts
35 upvotes
Mr Roboto wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 10:00 am
Did anyone else buy this? According to the website this comes with a replacement lens. The one I bought didn't have one in the box
but the packaging didn't list an extra lens either.
Haven't received mine yet, but I was also counting on receiving extra lens. Given that apparently it doesn't and that the lens provided are for full light conditions only, I think I'll end up returning them once they arrive.
Nov 29, 2013
461 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
npoirier636322917896440000 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 12:45 pm
I tried them at day time under cloudy and snowing conditions and could see just fine.
That is good to hear ! Have you tried them on at night?
Nov 27, 2003
757 posts
196 upvotes
Great post. I love my Spy Googles and would definitely buy a low light pair (which have been pointed out, that these are not), as I think mine are too old to get replacement lenses.