Expired Hot Deals

[Sport Chek] Spy Marshall Ski & Snowboard Goggle 2017/18 - Nocturnal with Happy Rose Lens

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2018 6:48 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1095 posts
640 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Does this is a better deal compared to the one that sold by Costco?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1077 posts
387 upvotes
Toronto
lorreilme wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 5:48 pm
Does this is a better deal compared to the one that sold by Costco?
The one from Costco is huge and can be use for over the glasses. But it is very big that push my helmet up, so u have to try to see. Plus the lens are regular lens. This one is medium/large and best for most guys. The lens are polarized. This one is not otg.
Nov 4, 2007
889 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
This was out of stock for awhile and its physically sold out in all stores. I just put in an order for 2 to get free shipping....PM me if anyone wants to split the order with me and take the other one. $71 at cost. Can meet between Scarborough and Durham.
Jan 23, 2008
820 posts
305 upvotes
Just place these as well, bought two to get free shipping

Unfortunately forgot to use 10% off code -_-, let me know if you're interested, will sell at cost $79 - I'll return if no one takes
Dec 16, 2007
678 posts
214 upvotes
TO
jellytime wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 1:11 pm
The only thing that matters in a lense is that it DOESN"T FOGGGGGG. I've been snowboarding for over 10 years and I have to say, this is the only thing I care about.

The great thing about SPY goggles is their design, They have these "unique" vents that flush air through the lense so it doesn't fog. I have noticed this with even their cheapest models, which is why I recommend SPY to everyone.
All goggles fog if used improperly, this includes Spy brand.

Those "special" vents you speak about are not special at all, all major brands have similar venting feature that allows air to pass through to remove moisture(im sure a lot of off brands have it now too). Those special vents are only useful if you are going fast enough for air to pass through. If you are beginner and not going very fast, the venting it provides is next to nothing.

Fog is just moisture that you allowed to get trapped in your goggles.

If you are overheating and only opening up your jacket so the hot air rises straight into the path that your goggles are then its gonna fog them, doesnt matter what brand you have. If your jacket and pants have venting at the inner leg and arm pits, I suggest you use them so you can vent hot air out without it going up to your goggles.

Putting your goggles up on your helmet when not in use is another great way to fog them up since they are in the direct path that heat is escaping from your body.

Pretty much all brands have an anti-fog coating on the inner lens, DO NOT RUB IT unless you have to. You want to touch the inner lens as little as possible and not disturb it.
Mar 4, 2006
489 posts
34 upvotes
brensavoyton wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 12:53 pm
That is good to hear ! Have you tried them on at night?
I used them night skiing at Blue last week and they are pretty dark. I could get away with wearing them in the well lit areas but I had to take them off often to see on the darker parts of the hill.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2002
1539 posts
222 upvotes
Kitchener
I don't ski or snowboard, but I work outside alot, how are these for morning to night vision and cold protection?
Apr 7, 2007
405 posts
49 upvotes
Calgary, AB
npoirier636322917896440000 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 6:30 pm
Got this at Sports Experts in Montreal for 80$.

Looks like a good deal, similar quality is often twice the price. They are a huge upgrade over my previous Spy googles, which are probably around 10 years old

Anyone knows where we can get a good deal on replacement lens? I'd like to get a 2nd lens for low light conditions
Wondering if you found a good deal on a low light lens for this? Was skiing at Sunshine yesterday with these on and couldn't see too well. LOL But they are comfortable and nice in sunny conditions.