• Sep 14th, 2017 11:04 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 1, 2013
412 posts
224 upvotes

[Sport Chek] Wilson US Open Tennis Balls 4 Cases $13.68

With the F&F discount the total comes to $16.49. With the 15% off gift cards at loblaws and another 2.5% from GCR it comes down to $3.42 per case before taxes. An amazing deal and better than the deals in the states.

The US Open balls are more durable.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2004
1144 posts
162 upvotes
Greater Saskatchewan…
Are you referring to the bundle of 4 tins/tubes of Wilson US Open tennis balls for $21.99? https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/equ ... 55829.html

After the Friends and Family 25% discount (code: FRIENDSF17) (Sept 12-14, 2017), that would be $16.50.
After the 15% off GC at Loblaws, it would be $14.

Thanks for the post OP!
:arrow: Hey Ottawa. Where's my $372M free money ... err... loan? Signed, West.
:arrow: Sask distracted driving - the old fashion way - with alcohol.
:arrow:"Truth, even if it is inconvenient"
[OP]
Oct 1, 2013
412 posts
224 upvotes
saskwatcher wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 10:56 pm
Are you referring to the bundle of 4 tins/tubes of Wilson US Open tennis balls for $21.99? https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/equ ... 55829.html

After the Friends and Family 25% discount (code: FRIENDSF17) (Sept 12-14, 2017), that would be $16.50.
After the 15% off GC at Loblaws, it would be $14.

Thanks for the post OP!
Thanks, my link wasn't working. There is also another 2.5% from GCR
Nov 26, 2009
85 posts
22 upvotes
Sport Chek's regular price is far too high, but the sale brings it down to an OK price. I think they are often available at Costco for about this price. US Open tennis balls, though, are not very good balls. They feel right for about 20 minutes. Which is OK, if you are a pro player at the US Open and get new balls after every nine games. The general consensus with players I know is that Penn ATP or Pro Penn Marathons are a much superior and longer-lasting ball.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2010
2386 posts
427 upvotes
DFR Headquarter
I agree with bacon. +1 for pro penn or penn atp.
May 18, 2010
386 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa
Beacon Hill wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 12:28 am
Sport Chek's regular price is far too high, but the sale brings it down to an OK price. I think they are often available at Costco for about this price. US Open tennis balls, though, are not very good balls. They feel right for about 20 minutes. Which is OK, if you are a pro player at the US Open and get new balls after every nine games. The general consensus with players I know is that Penn ATP or Pro Penn Marathons are a much superior and longer-lasting ball.
+1 for Beacon. That said, I LOVE the feel of hitting with new US Open tennis balls for half a session. So I spoiled myself and got the 4 cans with the discount. I haven't been able to find the US Open balls at Costco for years, but I have been able to get the Penn's, which work out better for me.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1172 posts
232 upvotes
Markham
I've used the US Open and they are very good indeed. However, I echo the sentiment that they perform great for a short period but I prefer the Penns for day-to-day. On that note, I picked up 4 tins of the Pro Penn for 17.96 before taxes. I figure it would be worth the extra $1.50 for these. Funny enough, the case of 4 tins is more expensive ($24.99) than buying four tins ($23.96) prior to discount.
Nov 26, 2009
85 posts
22 upvotes
My local tennis store has a sale a couple times a year and sells cases (a real case - 24 cans) of any ball for about $100 (or about $4/can). Most people I play with buy a case during these sales. You are right Chancy, Costco now sells regular Penns and no longer US Opens. They are a decent price, but I find regular Penns to be more of a practice ball, and not nearly as good. Interestingly, I played with the Wilson Australian Open ball a couple years ago, and they were incredibly durable.