Expired Hot Deals

[Sportchek.ca] NHL jerseys - marked down

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2017 4:25 pm
Dec 16, 2011
808 posts
581 upvotes
Pointe Claire
Not sure how much you are paying for customized jersey here but for a couple of months now professionally stitched customized jerseys have been $129 at Coolhockey.com There's a coupon OFFSEASON20 which will bring cost down to $109. Free shipping and only gst is charged in way of taxes.
Not much left in sizes in Leafs blank jerseys though.

Edit: They also have a clearance section of jerseys at $80 and above. The $20 off code will not work on these. Use WELCOME10 to save $10
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3198 posts
80 upvotes
dogdayafter12 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 8:45 am
Not sure how much you are paying for customized jersey here but for a couple of months now professionally stitched customized jerseys have been $129 at Coolhockey.com There's a coupon OFFSEASON20 which will bring cost down to $109. Free shipping and only gst is charged in way of taxes.
Not much left in sizes in Leafs blank jerseys though.

Edit: They also have a clearance section of jerseys at $80 and above. The $20 off code will not work on these. Use WELCOME10 to save $10
That's in USD. The player jersey that I bought from SportChek for $73 CAD, for a family member, isn't on Cool hockey. And sizes seem to be pretty limited as well. But hey, if it works for you, go for it!! ☺️
Dec 16, 2011
808 posts
581 upvotes
Pointe Claire
tigger03 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 1:49 pm
That's in USD. The player jersey that I bought from SportChek for $73 CAD, for a family member, isn't on Cool hockey. And sizes seem to be pretty limited as well. But hey, if it works for you, go for it!! ☺️
My post was to provide another option to purchasing a customized jersey with name and number stitched on. I am referring to male adult size. Just looked at Sportchek site. The cheaper premier jerseys that are priced $108 are not stitched. The ones starting at $140 and up are stitched (and they don't include taxes). Over on coolhockey.com they are $109 Canadian with only gst added. It is the same price same as the American price. (If on mobile site look at bottom of page to change to Canadian currency). While sizes are limited for some teams (sale has been on for months) , they do have all teams to choose from (not like sportchek). There are some good deals on nhl clothing at sportchek but if you want stitched customized jerseys for adult males at least check out coolhockey.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2003
4319 posts
166 upvotes
Yvr
hope they will have 70% soon to clear stock.. since season is 1 month away... Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Mar 23, 2004
36004 posts
3165 upvotes
Markham
tigger03 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 1:49 pm
That's in USD...
Actually it's the same price in CDN (no, I am serious). People paying in USD getting ripped off big time :lol:
dogdayafter12 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 7:54 pm
My post was to provide another option to purchasing a customized jersey with name and number stitched on. I am referring to male adult size. Just looked at Sportchek site. The cheaper premier jerseys that are priced $108 are not stitched. The ones starting at $140 and up are stitched (and they don't include taxes). Over on coolhockey.com they are $109 Canadian with only gst added. It is the same price same as the American price. (If on mobile site look at bottom of page to change to Canadian currency). While sizes are limited for some teams (sale has been on for months) , they do have all teams to choose from (not like sportchek). There are some good deals on nhl clothing at sportchek but if you want stitched customized jerseys for adult males at least check out coolhockey.
angel_wing0 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 10:11 pm

This has nothing to do with the jersey. It actually has to do with the jersey customization (the #'s and the name on the jersey). Premier jersey customization comes direct from Reebok and are screen-twilled. Screen twill are cheap and usually plastic looking, although they are much better than actual screen printed on to the jersey (think those lousy replica champion nba jerseys 10+ years ago). Pro Twill means it's the same customization used on on-ice NHL jerseys (high quality, completely hand sewn on to the jersey) and it's being done on the side (does not come out the factory like that, hence the higher cost). For someone who are not into sports jerseys it will take a while for them to tell the difference, but for collectors they can usually tell within a few seconds. If you are not a hardcore jersey collector and just want a jersey to show support, go with the Premier.

In regards to the Matthews Centennial jersey, you can tell by the pic that it's screen-twilled (Premier).
Yip, as I said in my post earlier, avoid screen twill like the plaque unless you don't care.

I bought from Coolhockey before and can definitely vouch for their quality.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1897 posts
141 upvotes
If only coolhockey had the Leafs home jersey in small =/

Anyone know a place that will customize a blank jersey in the Toronto area and how much it would cost?
Mar 23, 2004
36004 posts
3165 upvotes
Markham
BigJonsson wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 10:24 pm
Anyone know a place that will customize a blank jersey in the Toronto area and how much it would cost?
Coolhockey actually does it, definitely not $60 as that only applies when you buy the jersey on top of it.

But to go back on topic, the advantage from buying at Sport Chek is you can easily return it to a nearby store if the size is wrong or if you don't like it. Cool Hockey also accepts refund for blank jerseys, but there is only one Cool Hockey in the entire Canada.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1897 posts
141 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 10:47 pm
Coolhockey actually does it, definitely not $60 as that only applies when you buy the jersey on top of it.
Yea but I'd have to pay to mail the jersey to them, I could buy a blank jersey from Sportchek and get the Matthews put on it somewhere else
Mar 23, 2004
36004 posts
3165 upvotes
Markham
BigJonsson wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 10:53 pm
Yea but I'd have to pay to mail the jersey to them, I could buy a blank jersey from Sportchek and get the Matthews put on it somewhere else
Cool Hockey is actually in Toronto as well.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
2435 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
How do hockey jerseys compare to tee shirts in size? If I wear an XL tee, should I get a L jersey? (I assume they are baggier cause of all the padding right?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1897 posts
141 upvotes
Thanks for the CoolHockey suggestion, was able to get a Leafs away Matthews jersey

Didn't realize the sizing was different compared to the last jersey I bought years and years ago, the medium I got from Sportchek was too big, the small from CoolHockey is just right