Expired Hot Deals

[Sport Chek] Sportchek: Jamis Ventura Sport Mens Road Bike $360+tax (with coupons) YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2013 5:11 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 26, 2012
271 posts
180 upvotes
TORONTO
Bought the 54 Mens on Sunday @ at Erin Mills Town Center used a 10% coupon on entire purchase plus the $100 in bike accessories got a rack, lock, and panniers. Great bike not sure what upgrades to put in... Love it so far... Almost bought a coupon then didn't... Just didn't seem right anyhow my loss. OP Thanked....
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
1674 posts
100 upvotes
Just scored a Jamis Allegro 2 2011 for roughly 450+tax after 20% coupon and it included the $100 in accessories which is perfect since I needed a helmet, lock and lights.

Pretty sweet deal if you can combine the coupon with the $100 accessories they got on the Jamis bikes!
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2005
2457 posts
18 upvotes
I just called a store to inquire about stock on a women's 2011 Ventura Sport.

Dude said it was 749?

Is he right?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7370 posts
679 upvotes
ClubberLang wrote:
Jul 5th, 2012 7:43 pm
I just called a store to inquire about stock on a women's 2011 Ventura Sport.

Dude said it was 749?

Is he right?
Nope
Aug 17, 2006
589 posts
82 upvotes
Any opinions on the quality of some of the other 2011 models?

Durango 1

Allegro 1
Allegro 2
"The bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon."
-Bill Strickland
Nov 7, 2005
553 posts
126 upvotes
Winnipeg
Diskdoctor wrote:
Jul 5th, 2012 11:40 pm
Any opinions on the quality of some of the other 2011 models?

Durango 1

Allegro 1
Allegro 2
The allegro 2 appears to be a flat bar version of the ventura sport road model. The 1is slightly different with lower geearing andit weighs an extra lb. Both good bikes for Winnipeg. Would be nice if you could get a carbon fiber fork to better deal with our potholes. That's what I did with a ventura sport. How much are they asking for those?

the durango is a mountain bike, for heavier trail riding, overkill for suspension and weight for commuting, but still very capable. Weights an extra 5lbs over the other two, and the 26 inch wheels will roll slower. All depends where you plan on riding. For straight commuting, I'd pick an allegro myself.
Aug 17, 2006
589 posts
82 upvotes
dacrusher wrote:
Jul 5th, 2012 11:56 pm
The allegro 2 appears to be a flat bar version of the ventura sport road model. The 1is slightly different with lower geearing andit weighs an extra lb. Both good bikes for Winnipeg. Would be nice if you could get a carbon fiber fork to better deal with our potholes. That's what I did with a ventura sport. How much are they asking for those?

the durango is a mountain bike, for heavier trail riding, overkill for suspension and weight for commuting, but still very capable. Weights an extra 5lbs over the other two, and the 26 inch wheels will roll slower. All depends where you plan on riding. For straight commuting, I'd pick an allegro myself.
Thanks for the quick reply.

The Allegro 2 is $560 so basically $100 more than the Ventura Sport. I may try to look further for a Ventura Sport in my size.

The Durango is also $560.

I'm still not sure what I'm looking for. I commute by bike all the time but I would probably worry about a new bike being stolen. I'm currently riding a 1980's Raleigh road bike. I'm also interested in having a mountain bike for occasional trail riding but it might make more sense to look for a used bike for that purpose. My wife was also looking at some of these bikes.
"The bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon."
-Bill Strickland
Aug 17, 2006
589 posts
82 upvotes
No Ventura Sport bikes larger than 56cm left in Manitoba.
-Bill Strickland
Jan 25, 2012
9 posts
4 upvotes
BARRIE
Brea wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2012 5:38 am
I bought this bike on May 29... does anyone know if I can still get the rebate T_T
I purchased the Ventura Race on June 14th. Went in today with the receipt and asked for the $100 accessory credit. The manager first said no then I reminded them that my purchase was within 30 days and I could just return the bike (if in unused condition). The next question was since I got the 20% team buy could I get the $100 as well. Ultimately they decided I could get the $100 without having to produce the bike. The toughest part was finding something (or somethings) for $100 that I wanted. Their clothing is ok but I have enough of that, the shoes were lower quality and the other items (pumps, computers, gloves etc) were all lower end. I ended up with a Giro helmet even though I have a fairly new one already.
Nov 7, 2005
553 posts
126 upvotes
Winnipeg
Diskdoctor wrote:
Jul 6th, 2012 3:52 pm
No Ventura Sport bikes larger than 56cm left in Manitoba.
Did you check Mcphillips? They had one there last week? a 58cm
Apr 23, 2009
220 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto
Tinker1334 wrote:
Jul 6th, 2012 5:22 pm
I purchased the Ventura Race on June 14th. Went in today with the receipt and asked for the $100 accessory credit. The manager first said no then I reminded them that my purchase was within 30 days and I could just return the bike (if in unused condition). The next question was since I got the 20% team buy could I get the $100 as well. Ultimately they decided I could get the $100 without having to produce the bike. The toughest part was finding something (or somethings) for $100 that I wanted. Their clothing is ok but I have enough of that, the shoes were lower quality and the other items (pumps, computers, gloves etc) were all lower end. I ended up with a Giro helmet even though I have a fairly new one already.
How do you like the Ventura Race, does it have the 105 groupo? Was it on sale/

Thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1302 posts
146 upvotes
A little bit off-topic but do you guys know if Sportchek might put the 2012 models on clearance near the end of the summer? I really like the looks of this year's models more, looks more curvy and sleek. When did they start putting the 2011 models on clearance?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2004
5247 posts
118 upvotes
Nepean
Anyone know where I can find a 54cm Mens in GTA?
heatware available upon request
Aug 17, 2006
589 posts
82 upvotes
dacrusher wrote:
Jul 6th, 2012 9:06 pm
Did you check Mcphillips? They had one there last week? a 58cm
Yeah I checked Polo Park and called McPhillips, Pembina, and Crossroads (Regent). The person at Regent checked the computer for me and said the closest one was in Regina. I'm not sure computer stock accuracy is 100% though.
-Bill Strickland
× < >