Automotive

Sportiest Japanese Manufacturer

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2005 8:46 pm
Tags:
None

Poll: Sportiest Janpenese Manufacturer

• Total votes: 94. You have voted on this poll.
Mazda

26%
Subaru

26%
Honda

17%
Nissan

32%
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2003
7174 posts
217 upvotes
Nepean
Looking at Canada Only IMHO (not in particular order)

Nissan/Infiniti has:
Sentra Spec V
G35C/G35x/G35
M35/M45
350Z
FX35/FX45

Subaru
Forestor 2.5XT
Subaru Imprezza WRX/WRX STi
(not to mention most of the range has the 2.5 Boxter engine Turbo Option)

Mazda
Mazda3/Mazda5 Sport
MX-5
RX-7
Mazda Speed 6 (most unappreciated car)

Mitsubishi
Eclipse
Spyder (debatable)
Evo (we'll count this in since I like this car)

Honda/Acura
RSX
TSX
NSX
S2000

Toyota/Lexus
Celica
Solara (debatable)
SC430 (debatable)
GS330/G430
IS250/IS350
Tacmo X-runner/Pre-runner
Corolla XRS
Matrix XRS (debatable)
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2005
2667 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
pandaharo wrote:What sport car do they have?
SUZUKI SWIFT
SUZUKI AERIO

LOL
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
flito ray wrote:and nissan = infiniti

what's your point??
that if techie wanted to vote acura, voting honda is the samething

but infiniti = sportsedans and sportscars whereas nissan only has the 350z and no sportsedans. so they aren't as close as say...

acura= civics and accords with new bodywork that are still FWD, with no RWD in its lineup and one AWD car and a suv based on a minivan (mdx is an oddysey)

so acura has no sportscar or sportsedan right now.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2005
2667 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
gilboman wrote:that if techie wanted to vote acura, voting honda is the samething

but infiniti = sportsedans and sportscars whereas nissan only has the 350z and no sportsedans. so they aren't as close as say...

acura= civics and accords with new bodywork that are still FWD, with no RWD in its lineup and one AWD car and a suv based on a minivan (mdx is an oddysey)

so acura has no sportscar or sportsedan right now.
true. I'm surprised that you didn't throw in a comment about acura being rebadged econoboxes as you usually do in your other posts about acura! lol! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
flito ray wrote:true. I'm surprised that you didn't throw in a comment about acura being rebadged econoboxes as you usually do in your other posts about acura! lol! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
well, that's so obvious that even the most diehard fans would know. ;)

but maybe people will percieve a 155hp civic with shift paddles aka CSX at 32k loaded and acura badge instead of honda in an otherwise identical interior would be sporty and luxurious :lol: :lol: :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
6083 posts
727 upvotes
Vancouver
gilboman wrote:NSX is discontinued now i'm pretty sure
Hmmm V10 NSX

http://world.honda.com/news/2005/c050720_a.html

We are now focused on the development of a new model to succeed the NSX for a new era. We would like to debut a new super sports car equipped with a V10 engine in 3 to 4 years. Please look forward to seeing the NSX successor.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
6083 posts
727 upvotes
Vancouver
gilboman wrote:Nismo I'm not sure if its in house are not but i'm sure you can't go buy nismo parts at the dealer and then have nissan canada warranty it.
NISMO on the Nissan Canada site. Click on the links to the cars on the left for NISMO headers, NISMO intakes ETC.

http://www.nissan.ca/en/ms/nismo/index.html
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
Narci wrote:Hmmm V10 NSX

http://world.honda.com/news/2005/c050720_a.html

We are now focused on the development of a new model to succeed the NSX for a new era. We would like to debut a new super sports car equipped with a V10 engine in 3 to 4 years. Please look forward to seeing the NSX successor.
which confirms my point that the NSX is discontinued :)
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
Narci wrote:NISMO on the Nissan Canada site. Click on the links to the cars on the left for NISMO headers, NISMO intakes ETC.

http://www.nissan.ca/en/ms/nismo/index.html
if you look at the any of the engine mods e.g. headers/ intake. it says right there that THESE COMPONENTS ARE SOLD "AS IS" WITH NO WARRANTY AND INSTALLATION OF THESE COMPONENTS COULD ALSO VOID VEHICLE OR ANY OTHER NISSAN WARRANTY COVERAGE

so there's no warranty on the parts and if you install it, it may void the original vehicle warranty
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
pandaharo wrote:What sport car do they have?
none.

but if you consider their monster superbikes the Hayabusa and the GSX-R >1000cc bikes, then they are the sportiest japanese manfacturer in that sense
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2004
7641 posts
448 upvotes
BC
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote:none.

but if you consider their monster superbikes the Hayabusa and the GSX-R >1000cc bikes, then they are the sportiest japanese manfacturer in that sense
The next generation swift can be deemed sporty.

I would love to see Suzuki make a small car with their motorcycle engine, to complete with smart.
insert witty comment
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
6083 posts
727 upvotes
Vancouver
gilboman wrote:if you look at the any of the engine mods e.g. headers/ intake. it says right there that THESE COMPONENTS ARE SOLD "AS IS" WITH NO WARRANTY AND INSTALLATION OF THESE COMPONENTS COULD ALSO VOID VEHICLE OR ANY OTHER NISSAN WARRANTY COVERAGE

so there's no warranty on the parts and if you install it, it may void the original vehicle warranty
I guess engine mods are out of the question. Exhuast and suspension mods aren't:

The S-Tune says:

-each S-Tuned component is covered by Nissan parts and accessories Limited Warranty -1 year/20,000kms (like any other Geniune Nissan part or accessory). See your Nissan Dealer for warranty details.

So I guess S-tunes parts is warranted while R-Tunes parts aren't.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
6083 posts
727 upvotes
Vancouver
gilboman wrote:which confirms my point that the NSX is discontinued :)
New model I guess.

But the NSX is still on the acura website as a 2005. Lets see if there is a 2006.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
Narci wrote:New model I guess.

But the NSX is still on the acura website as a 2005. Lets see if there is a 2006.
TOKYO, Japan, July 12, 2005 - Honda Motor Co., Ltd. has announced that it will discontinue production of the NSX, a vehicle that has enjoyed considerable popularity as pure sports car and won many fans worldwide. Honda is currently working on a successor, a new sports car for a new era, which is to incorporate Honda
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
hmmm... about time.. the nsx was a fine machine, but very outdated
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2005
2986 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote:hmmm... about time.. the nsx was a fine machine, but very outdated
Outdated indeed...old style was around for like 12 years..... :|
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2005
2667 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
gilboman wrote:well, that's so obvious that even the most diehard fans would know. ;)

but maybe people will percieve a 155hp civic with shift paddles aka CSX at 32k loaded and acura badge instead of honda in an otherwise identical interior would be sporty and luxurious :lol: :lol: :lol:
that's not quite correct. The interior of the csx also has a temperature gauge. That in itself is worthy of the $7K price difference. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote:hmmm... about time.. the nsx was a fine machine, but very outdated
and way way overpriced.. the car was 140k cdn :|
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2005
2667 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
gilboman wrote:and way way overpriced.. the car was 140k cdn :|
agreed it's just an econobox disguised as a sports car. LOL

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)