[Sporting Life] Arc'teryx Men's Cerium SV Hoody Jacket only $399

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2018 12:34 pm
[OP]
Jun 8, 2012
60 posts
83 upvotes

[Sporting Life] Arc'teryx Men's Cerium SV Hoody Jacket only $399

If you're in the market of the Arc'teryx Cerium SV version, I think this is a good price. Over 40% discount.
8 replies
[OP]
Jun 8, 2012
60 posts
83 upvotes
BTW, I'm not a big fan of this store. IMO, they have a not so attractive return policy. I bought a North Pole McMurdo lately from their store, and I called back to return since it was not a good fit, they said since my purchase was over 30% discount, they would only give me a store credit. -- so just a bit of a warning there.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7462 posts
1386 upvotes
Read somewhere there is a 10% restocking fee too, I think.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Dec 26, 2010
852 posts
524 upvotes
Yea terrible e-commerce system. Orders unfulfilled, bad return policy. I will take my money elsewhere.
May 26, 2014
133 posts
117 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
Ran me around for six weeks before telling me that the shoes I had ordered actually weren't in stock.
Feb 6, 2017
49 posts
41 upvotes
RDFphusion wrote:
Dec 27th, 2017 1:00 pm
BTW, I'm not a big fan of this store. IMO, they have a not so attractive return policy. I bought a North Pole McMurdo lately from their store, and I called back to return since it was not a good fit, they said since my purchase was over 30% discount, they would only give me a store credit. -- so just a bit of a warning there.
Yes, I asked them to call a manager who gave me the refund, without re-stocking either fee
Jul 26, 2007
995 posts
96 upvotes
Calgary
yep last time i tried to order something from SL, they didn't respond to me for 2 weeks until I emailed them asking wtf is going on and they told me, oh, it's out of stock.

fantastic, it took 2 weeks for you to tell me that and only when i prodded you. and it wasn't even a high volume period either (was back in october). never giving these guys any of my money.

at least with altitude sports i know i'll get no hassle 60 days return from them because of the membership.
Dec 26, 2010
852 posts
524 upvotes
Clement wrote:
Dec 27th, 2017 2:02 pm
yep last time i tried to order something from SL, they didn't respond to me for 2 weeks until I emailed them asking wtf is going on and they told me, oh, it's out of stock.

fantastic, it took 2 weeks for you to tell me that and only when i prodded you. and it wasn't even a high volume period either (was back in october). never giving these guys any of my money.

at least with altitude sports i know i'll get no hassle 60 days return from them because of the membership.
same! it's as though my order went completely unacknowledged until I followed up on multiple occasions. Seems like their social media channel (Twitter) does not handle ANY customer service whatsoever, and only point people towards customer service email or phone number. Also with the gift card fiasco on boxing day, I'm done with Sporting Life. They may have occasional good deals, but it's very YMMV. It's not necessarily who orders first. It's who places the order and follows up to make sure that the item is in stock and you call dibs on it.

Plus, I placed an order by mistake and ordered wrong size boots. I immediately sent them an email asking them to cancel it, it was responded to by a customer service rep saying that the cancellation request will be put in. A few days later, I get a shipping notice with a Canada Post tracking number that I cannot find, and I ask them why the order is still being processed. They said since the tracking number was already created, it cannot be cancelled and ask me to refuse the shipment for a full refund. I ask if I can return in-store, they say I will only get store credit. I tell them that's ridiculous and, I ask again how else I can get a full refund back to my credit card. They say I can use the return label in the box and ship it back. And voila the item hasn't even actually shipped, and I'm just sitting here with a charge on my credit card.
[OP]
Jun 8, 2012
60 posts
83 upvotes
stwan001 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2017 2:00 pm
Yes, I asked them to call a manager who gave me the refund, without re-stocking either fee
So, just to be fair I think I need to post a follow up. After my last post. I've packaged and returned the jacket. I got a notification 2 days ago that a refund has been posted to my account. Then, a day later I saw the amount has been refunded to my CC minus the $10 restocking fee (which I was aware of before I made my purchase). So, they didn't issue the refund as store credit, and I didn't need to talk to anyone on their side.

Maybe it is an isolated incident for me. But, I think all in all, the purchase and return were hassle free and was good experience.