• Jan 11th, 2014 9:57 pm
Tags:
None
15 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
1480 posts
12 upvotes
This place is a zoo every year.. Tons of deals but buyer beware..
Sep 30, 2001
27370 posts
6366 upvotes
Toronto
ericssonboi wrote:
Dec 24th, 2013 10:29 pm
You go that right. For newbies here are some tips (if you're going to the Yonge St location):
-Get there real early. Part of your time will be spent looking for parking
-Dress very warmly. You're going to be standing outside for some time as they only let in batches of ppl at a time
-No you won't find any CG parkas
-Note the times when the top 7 deals are on for (7am-9am)
-Once you've grabbed (literally) your stuff, make your way to the lower level. That's where the checkout line will end up reaching
-Ask before purchasing: some items were final sale in previous years

Best of luck
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2006
5922 posts
154 upvotes
Murica
ericssonboi wrote:
Dec 24th, 2013 10:29 pm
what do you mean buyer beware?
in need of new winter coat.

edit: thanks mr disco for clarifying.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
1480 posts
12 upvotes
maniacshopper wrote:
Dec 24th, 2013 10:57 pm
what do you mean buyer beware?
in need of new winter coat.

edit: thanks mr disco for clarifying.
Lineups to get in, lineups to pay. The lineup to pay is usually 1 hour long. If your looking to buy the 7-9am doorcrashers, be sure they will honour it past 9am since you have been line for such a long time.
Jan 15, 2013
890 posts
156 upvotes
Mississauga
I cant imagine how that Sherway location is going to look like. Their coat section where the CG/NF/Arcteryx/etc is so narrow and small. I was there about a month ago and there's coats everywhere the area - floor, couch on the fitting room, etc...and that's without a sale.

I like the selection there but not the price. I figured boxing day/week's the best time to go there but you've got to be a retail wh0re to be there on boxing day.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2012
1241 posts
280 upvotes
Woodbridge
PM at sportchek yonge until 9!!!!! Ymmv just paid 201 tax in
Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
2846 posts
236 upvotes
Any updates for those who are there there?
Parking is a mess for both location from my past year experience.
RFD Damage...lost count

HEATWARE
eBay
Nov 5, 2012
62 posts
34 upvotes
Parking at Sherway was a mess at 8:30 when I left. A lot of people parking where they shouldn't be parking so it was hard to get out. At Sporting life, checking out I would say already at 1 hour wait at 8:00, no lineup to get in though. Line up was wrapped around 1/2 perimeter of the store. Women's coat section upstairs is a zoo, I hardly could even get out.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1155 posts
428 upvotes
Found parking as soon as I pulled in by the front door, but the lot is a zoo.

They were giving out tickets to hold the 50% off even though I wasn't looking for a jacket. Gave it to some guy that got denied at 9:05. Every other person in the mall is holding a sporting life bag..
May 27, 2007
853 posts
10 upvotes
Etobicoke
Valet parking by holt renfrew and free if you have a visa infinite card. Been using it all month it's great
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1155 posts
428 upvotes
Found parking as soon as I pulled in by the front door, but the lot is a zoo.

They were giving out tickets to hold the 50% off, took one even though I wasn't looking for a jacket. Gave it to some guy that got denied at 9:05. Every other person in the mall is holding a sporting life bag..
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6360 posts
309 upvotes
GT'eh
Sporting Life lineup @ Yonge wasn't too bad, we got there just before 6:30 we were right before where it turned the corner corner, parking was messy, good thing street parking was free til 8.
We got all the coats we wanted in about 5 mins, and were cashed out by 7:15, no line up like others mentioned since you could checkout upstairs too, staff was super friendly and helpful too, one of the most organized BD sales I've been to. Prices were amazing for all North face coats parkas and even Gothams for about $200 and change, I'm sure there were plenty of re-sellers in there.

Only thing that sucked is that they were letting people in in batches so about 50-75 at a time.

Does anyone know if they were honoring the prices on north faces coats past 9am, seems some coats are on sale all week and other aren't.
Ne0's Bio: ??? not 4 Sale
??? G@mer & t3<hy [0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<hy lingo since the 90's
??? Member of IPTV +Spotify +CarWash groupbuys ???
??? Feedback: ??? eBay|1000+ ??? rFD | 300+
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2004
3778 posts
180 upvotes
Markham
shoppingguy wrote:
Dec 26th, 2013 11:02 pm
Any Moncler on sale?
Only one I noticed was a Moncler Grenoble jacket in Navy, org. $14xx, on sale $10xx, all the other ones had no markdowns.

I got there at around, 9:30, parking wasn't too packed, only had 2 cars ahead of me and checkout was really quick, they had like 6-8 cash registers open and no more lineup at that time (as all the doorcrasher deals had ended). I picked up an Arcteryx Alpha SL, about 30% off, I'm sure it's been cheaper but I've been eyeing a light Arcteryx shell for quite a while now and never came across one in a decent colour and my size for the right price, so with a little bit of discount, I finally pulled the trigger on one.