Arcteryx womens Beta AR $350 Black Only

Deal Link:
Price:
$350
Savings:
50% off
Retailer:
Sportinglife
Was able to grab one for the wife as a Christmas present. Great price on a jacket that will last years. If you are interested know what you are buying. This is a high performance outdoor shell. If you want to be warm you need to wear it with layers.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1285 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto
Just a word of caution. A lot of these high performance jackets aren't "city jackets". Meaning they're not meant for the city. The pockets sit really high for functional reasons. A lot of city people I talk to do not like this because they want their hands to sit at a regular jacket pocket level.

People get really hyped about Arc'teryx, but they don't really know what they're getting. Is it a status, yeah, I would say so, but it's typically not very functional for city dwellers. I also know women are really picky too.

So, even though this is a great price, this jacket isn't for most city women, in my experiences anyway. My sister was given this jacket from an exboyfriend and I assumed she doesn't wear it because it's from him, but she told me it's just not practical for her to wear it, she doesn't like the pockets.