Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
sportinglife

parajumpers 50% off

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2017 7:49 pm
Nov 24, 2012
23 posts
26 upvotes
EDMONTON

parajumpers 50% off

Deal Link:
Savings:
50%
Expiry:
January 22, 2017
Retailer:
sportinglife
sportinglife has a parajumpers sale which some of them are up to 50% off. Yes, people would say that they are overpriced, made in China, not as warm as others, but someone may find it useful.
http://www.sportinglife.ca/sportinglife ... -Bear-Coat
http://www.sportinglife.ca/sportinglife ... iak-Jacket
32 replies
Sep 26, 2016
70 posts
536 upvotes
Is this an online only sale? Or is it in-store as well?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1914 posts
497 upvotes
Toronto
people still wear these silly coats? lol
Oct 15, 2009
955 posts
688 upvotes
Toronto
funkdoobi wrote: people still wear these silly coats? lol
no, that's why they're on sale
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3873 posts
1142 upvotes
GTA
I or any of my family don't wear parajumper, but what's wrong with those coats? They look fine to me?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
6908 posts
5593 upvotes
terry0703 wrote: I or any of my family don't wear parajumper, but what's wrong with those coats? They look fine to me?
probably just the price. Even at 50% off it's $700+tax.
Banned
Sep 9, 2014
976 posts
1181 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I'm in for 1 for Men's Kodiak Jacket.
I own a Canada Goose equivalent to this Parajumper which I bought 5 years ago (REG. 550$). Now the same coat is sold for 950$.

Men's Kodiak Jacket is sold for 700$. I find the price is about right.

You get what you pay for. I don't regret my purchase. I will give Parajumper a try.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3873 posts
1142 upvotes
GTA
mech9t5 wrote: probably just the price. Even at 50% off it's $700+tax.
Sure, the regular price may be called 'silly' by some (well it's not even the highest price group I've seen, though), but $700 for a fully padded down parka is not silly these days.
Also, he asked if people still wear these silly coats, so I thought he was talking more about trend or fashion, rather than price.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25310 posts
2536 upvotes
Markham, ON
terry0703 wrote: Sure, the regular price may be called 'silly' by some (well it's not even the highest price group I've seen, though), but $700 for a fully padded down parka is not silly these days.
Also, he asked if people still wear these silly coats, so I thought he was talking more about trend or fashion, rather than price.
don't worry we get at least one guy that likes to stand out on any post where something is more than $10
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1914 posts
497 upvotes
Toronto
terry0703 wrote: I or any of my family don't wear parajumper, but what's wrong with those coats? They look fine to me?
I'd equate these to ugg boots or von dutch hats. They're just ugly and need to go.
thelefteyeguy wrote: don't worry we get at least one guy that likes to stand out on any post where something is more than $10
The price isn't the issue for me. I own very expensive coats, but I alsot ry not to be a lemming to wear what everyone else is wearing. Haha.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3873 posts
1142 upvotes
GTA
funkdoobi wrote: I'd equate these to ugg boots or von dutch hats. They're just ugly and need to go.

The price isn't the issue for me. I own very expensive coats, but I alsot ry not to be a lemming to wear what everyone else is wearing. Haha.
Hmm, I don't know, Ugg boots look OK to me too.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2007
1304 posts
721 upvotes
Do they still have that silly yellow strap hanging on the coat? Silliest thing seen on a coat. Screams "I wanna look like I'm cool enough to sky dive".
Deal Addict
May 4, 2007
1304 posts
721 upvotes
funkdoobi wrote: I'd equate these to ugg boots or von dutch hats. They're just ugly and need to go.
The problem I see with those typical Ugg boots is that 9 times out of 10, they are terribly dirty, and not surprisingly so because they are not supposed to be worn outside in Canadian winter to soak all that brown slush, dirt and salt. Makes it too obvious that people wearing them are lemmings and don't care one bit about being reasonable and practical.
Jan 19, 2017
85 posts
85 upvotes
I don't get why everyone is bashing on these. It may not be the greatest jacket in the world but at half price for more of a fashion jacket, it's decent enough to change up one's winter look once or twice a week.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
I owned a Parajumper Kodiak many years ago which I picked up on sale, and while it looked cool and had some neat features, it just wasn't as warm as other winter coats. I've been wearing a Fjallraven now for a few years, and it's much warmer, more functional, fits better, and I got it at a fraction of the price of my PJ...
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Jul 9, 2014
718 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto, ON
For the price, people will add couple hundreds more for Canada Goose ($200 - $300) I think. I am happy with my North Face
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1075 posts
1746 upvotes
Toronto
These things just do not look warm at all.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2005
2477 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
ericli007 wrote: You get what you pay for. I don't regret my purchase. I will give Parajumper a try.
Totally agree - you get what you pay for. I've taken an "agnostic" approach to jackets including: Canada Goose, Nobis, PJ, CMFR, etc. I switch them up depending on: the weather and/or "the look" that I'm going for.

The PJ Kodiak is my go-to jacket when it comes to a night out and the others when it gets to colder temps.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
8946 posts
446 upvotes
Toronto
People bash the looks but at least they are inspired by something. Every other NF or CG looks the same out there. And there's value in these jackets, because you can always resell them to get your money back.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2561 posts
1777 upvotes
Wuwuwu1 wrote: I don't get why everyone is bashing on these. It may not be the greatest jacket in the world but at half price for more of a fashion jacket, it's decent enough to change up one's winter look once or twice a week.
$700+ to change up your look once a week? Doesn't sound like a good deal to me. Sounds ridiculous actually.

If this is your only jacket, then fine. It's a good investment if you're wearing it all the time.

This is RFD. The Alpinetek and North Face winter jacket threads were popular because it was good value for money. This isn't at all. It may be a good deal, but still not a good bang for buck.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)