Tags:
None
Penalty Box
Sep 6, 2006
6790 posts
1247 upvotes
Washington, DC

[Sport Chek] Sportschek Rollerblade Sale 60% - 30% off

Hi, just wanted to let everyone know that Sports Chek is clearing out their rollerblades 60% to 30% off. Better jump on this before all the sizes are gone.

http://www.sportchek.ca/sportchek/do/me ... setSize=12
“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
Abraham Lincoln
22 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
4254 posts
110 upvotes
Thx OP.

Can somebody recommend a good brand / model? I always want to try this sport but ve no idea what to look for?? Many thanks.
Dec 21, 2008
475 posts
67 upvotes
I'm in the market for a new pair too, had my eye on the Razer Cult 9s for a while, but unfortunately their max size is 13...

I dont see sale prices on the link, though... are the sale prices only in store?
Dec 3, 2003
332 posts
NeoSlasher wrote:
Jul 29th, 2009 6:31 pm
I'm in the market for a new pair too, had my eye on the Razer Cult 9s for a while, but unfortunately their max size is 13...

I dont see sale prices on the link, though... are the sale prices only in store?
Sportchek sells razors??
try here: www.shop-task.com
I went with Icons 2
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2006
2736 posts
126 upvotes
Montreal
sportcheck is everywhere BUT in Qu
I was there at the 32$ price error at dell.ca day AND at the 150$ off price error at fs.ca
RFD price error moto: "Buy now, think later." -Ahzuz
Bitcoin address: 1KkC5qYZZXZrjhLKNU2PiyJftjeiRGdwrS
Dec 9, 2008
936 posts
88 upvotes
Hamilton
not bad when combined with spc $10 off $100.

i'm still using a pair of nike bauers i picked up a couple years back...but if i were in the market right now, i'd definitely pickup a pair of nike bauers. though the designs don't really change much other than the styling, the wheel setup and chassis system have been the same for about 5 years or more now.

a lot of people prefer mission inline hockey skates but they dont fit my foot very well but i do agree, they make some of the best inline hockey skates around.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
2440 posts
85 upvotes
OoOoOoo... Been meaning to get a pair, but since I have really wide feet, Mission tends to be the only kind that fit... Problem is, I need the braking assembly, and hockey blades tend to not have them :P Advice?
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2006
1042 posts
4 upvotes
I went to the Metrotown location, not a huge selection as most of the rollerblades sell out at the beginning of summer.

I have a pair of Solomon rollerblades. I find they are a bit too fast for my liking, like I gain momentum a lot faster than most people when I coast down a hill. Anyone have a good recommendation for rollerblades that have a lot of features, but aren't as fast?
Dec 6, 2006
89 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
el_diablo007 wrote:
Jul 29th, 2009 7:40 pm
Forzani owns the 'Sports Experts' chain, or is it franchised...I'm not sure.

K2 & Rollerblade are the 2 better brands to go with. Hockey style rollerblades suck for everyday use. Firefly is just crap.

2 Options:

1) Get smaller wheels. You'll go slower, but this may not be possible depending on how your brake is setup.

2) Take out your bearings, clean them out with some citrus cleaner and apply some sort of gel-based lubricant rather than oil-based lubricants.
Honestly, I would suggest that you just keep practicing! The more you rollerblade and the more often you experience high speeds the easier it is to handle. Before you k now it you will be flying at high speeds and enjoy the sensation.
Dec 21, 2008
475 posts
67 upvotes
huyzel wrote:
Jul 29th, 2009 6:36 pm
Sportchek sells razors??
try here: www.shop-task.com
I went with Icons 2
noo I know sportchek doesn't have razers, they were just what I was originally looking for. I bought a pair of size 13 cult 9s from aggressivemall.com, but they were painfully small. I ended up selling em to a friend. probably just gonna scrap the idea of aggressive blades altogether, because what im really looking for is speed.

Any recommendations for blades that go FAST? :P
Banned
Jul 4, 2008
1434 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
sungfra wrote:
Jul 29th, 2009 6:27 pm
Thx OP.

Can somebody recommend a good brand / model? I always want to try this sport but ve no idea what to look for?? Many thanks.
whatever feels comfortable.. the reps there more often than not are pretty knowledgeable.. i'm sure they can find something for you.
NeoSlasher wrote:
Jul 30th, 2009 6:26 am
Any recommendations for blades that go FAST? :P
wear a backpack and go down a hill :D :D
Dec 1, 2004
107 posts
I would highly recommend K2. Have tried so many other brands and the most comfortable and best all around blades for me were K2. I would love to get my hands on the K2 moto 90 or moto 100 but can't justify another pair of blades since I already currently have 4.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
1823 posts
398 upvotes
Mississauga
whenever shopping for blades, this is a good way to start.

First you need to know what kind of blading you are going to do.
Example: In-line, leisure, or for hockey, etc.

Next look at the number of bearings it has. This is a typical indication of how many rotation you can get with ease. (more of less the more bearings you have the less resistance you will have and you can therefore go faster.)

Next is the MOST, DID I MENTION MOST, important part, Comfort, if it doesn't feel good, toss them.

Now, on a side note, for beginners, I would recommend strapped boots over laced.

Good brands are varied by store.

Cheers

Nice find OP, but I don't like sportschek's selection
× < >