[Spotify] Spotify - 3 months for 0.99 CAD

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2017 1:55 pm
Jan 7, 2017
39 posts
31 upvotes
BRAISKI wrote:
May 18th, 2017 7:36 am
I currently have Spotify for free from Rogers, just wondering is there any "retentions" from them?
What's interesting about the Rogers deal is it's advertised for only 6mths free Spotify on the Premium+ Tab page but in the last 2 years, I have yet to get charged a sub fee for Spotify.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2009
3847 posts
1010 upvotes
Can you cancel immediately after subscribing to avoid charges after it expires ?
Jun 15, 2011
38439 posts
5533 upvotes
Richmond Hill
So it seems that the system checks to see if you've used a previous credit card or paypal account eh?
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
394 posts
56 upvotes
djemzine wrote:
May 18th, 2017 12:20 pm
So it seems that the system checks to see if you've used a previous credit card or paypal account eh?
hmm didn't happen before? You used to be able to be cycle through different credit cards.
Jul 11, 2015
203 posts
95 upvotes
Victoria, BC
djdestroyer wrote:
May 18th, 2017 12:06 pm
I've never used Spotify but when they say you can download for offline play, how long do those downloads last?

Record pools are $30 a month and you get CD quality files to keep. I travel a lot and can't be streaming music all the time.
It is available as long as you have Spotify Premium. It just saves encrypted files to your device. also my favorite thing. when a playlist changes, i listen to electronow, and fresh-electro, so every friday for me, they update the playlist you subscribe too. so it will clear the stuff not there anymore. and replace it with the new songs. When ur on wifi of course. of course u can make ur own playlists or hand pick songs u want to have available offline too.

This feature is def worth the premium for me. Gotta have good tunes for the commute!
You're the average of the five people, you most associate with.
Jun 15, 2011
38439 posts
5533 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Scavos wrote:
May 18th, 2017 12:21 pm
hmm didn't happen before? You used to be able to be cycle through different credit cards.
I tried logging in with my PayPal that I used with the promo last year when it was offered. I think I used the credit card that was tied to the PayPal account that's on file. I then tried entering the credit card manually, and it brought up a popup saying that I've already signed up for the promotion in the past lol.

Have yet to try a different CC.

Edit: Using a different CC worked!
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
394 posts
56 upvotes
djemzine wrote:
May 18th, 2017 12:33 pm
I tried logging in with my PayPal that I used with the promo last year when it was offered. I think I used the credit card that was tied to the PayPal account that's on file. I then tried entering the credit card manually, and it brought up a popup saying that I've already signed up for the promotion in the past lol.

Have yet to try a different CC.

Edit: Using a different CC worked!
Was hoping it would! My friend and i cycled through 9 months of this promo, haha =P
Jan 15, 2017
24 posts
1 upvote
paul29m wrote:
May 18th, 2017 12:48 am
I just cancelled my 3 month free spotify package which expires tomorrow.

I know I can't take the benefit again but I was thinking of signing up for Apple Music now that I have an iPhone. What are people's experiences between the two?
I think the curation wise, Spotify is better than anyother services, but I am using Apple music because I am using iphone and pad, and the library in apple music seems better. I found some music that is not available in Spotfy and google music or it is updated late for example chance the rapper and frank ocean last year I guess.
Aug 7, 2015
22 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
lifeisfuneh wrote:
May 18th, 2017 12:20 pm
Can you cancel immediately after subscribing to avoid charges after it expires ?
Yes you can. Click on 'Switch to free' in your account. Premium subscription will expire 3 months after you purchased.

Source: I just tried it.
Feb 19, 2011
182 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
Thank **** for this. The voice actors in the spotify ads make me want me to drill my earholes.

RIP Chris cornell
[OP]
Mar 19, 2008
334 posts
139 upvotes
sooperdice wrote:
May 18th, 2017 2:12 pm
Thank **** for this. The voice actors in the spotify ads make me want me to drill my earholes.

RIP Chris cornell
There are apps out there that will replace the add with one of your mp3 files for the duration of the add or simply mute your phone. Blockify is one that comes to mind. I haven't used any.
Dec 14, 2008
547 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
paul29m wrote:
May 18th, 2017 12:48 am
I just cancelled my 3 month free spotify package which expires tomorrow.

I know I can't take the benefit again but I was thinking of signing up for Apple Music now that I have an iPhone. What are people's experiences between the two?
You could just create a new account. Haven't used Apple Music so I can't really say, but I can comment on Google Play Music All Access (what a dumb name). I like their selection and radio station capability way more than spotify. Their app is alright too, and synching between all my devices is great.

But the interface. Oh my god. It sucks. Also device availability (ps4 integration in particular) is pretty much non-existent.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
1923 posts
408 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
jointedhornet wrote:
May 18th, 2017 12:31 pm
It is available as long as you have Spotify Premium. It just saves encrypted files to your device. also my favorite thing. when a playlist changes, i listen to electronow, and fresh-electro, so every friday for me, they update the playlist you subscribe too. so it will clear the stuff not there anymore. and replace it with the new songs. When ur on wifi of course. of course u can make ur own playlists or hand pick songs u want to have available offline too.

This feature is def worth the premium for me. Gotta have good tunes for the commute!
That's pretty legit. Definitely worth trying out, at least.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1635 posts
121 upvotes
bootski wrote:
May 18th, 2017 12:13 pm
What's interesting about the Rogers deal is it's advertised for only 6mths free Spotify on the Premium+ Tab page but in the last 2 years, I have yet to get charged a sub fee for Spotify.
You probably have the 2yrs free because that's what I have when I changed my plan about 1.5yrs ago. It was free for 2yrs, but the current plan is only 6mths free now.
Nov 12, 2015
427 posts
452 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Spotify music streaming, looks like they have a 90 days for 0.99$, good way to check out the service :), wanted to share with you guys.

Please read the terms and condition within the link to answer any questions you have before asking on the thread.

Deadline June 26th.
Last edited by PriceHunter on Jun 4th, 2017 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)