Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Apr 28, 2012
106 posts
88 upvotes
MONTRÉAL
I have 2 accounts that got the order error and now my codes are "redeemed".

I contacted both Spotify and Google, both escalated my issue and said they will get back to me within 24-48 hours.

Anyone got this issue resolved ? Spotify is blaming Google, and Google is blaming Spotify...
Mar 4, 2014
647 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto
Sad people are trying to get $10 back from Spotify. Even if you cancel, enjoy it for the month.
Dec 27, 2007
17739 posts
8869 upvotes
Kitchener
esq05 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 2:40 pm
So for those people where their payment failed, they need a new promo code.
People who tried to beat the system into placing more than one order with the same credit card or didn't bother enough to read how they shouldn't use guest checkout as spelled out in the offer terms and conditions? nah they deserve it ;)

Only people for whom Google had no valid reason to cancel their order should get their coupon reinstated.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2006
1065 posts
245 upvotes
KW
FYI for those who signed up to Spotify and care a little bit about privacy.

Make sure you go into your "privacy settings" after logging in via the portal and turn off the spy hooks such as;

1. "Process my Facebook data"
2. "Process my personal data for tailored ads"

I also recommend changing a few settings under the "Notification Settings" such as " Product news" to reduce the amount of Spam you'll receive.

Always remember the following for these online services:

If the product is free, you're the product being sold.
May 5, 2013
3 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Growingupisold wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 9:13 am
Update!

If you signed up for the offer and still haven't gotten an email yet, go back to the link in the OP and you should be able to click "Check Availability". It said mine was available and let me order right away!

Hi, thanks for sharing the info.

I went to the site and click on "check availability", the message I got is "We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment."
Does that mean I am not qualified for this promo or my request is pending and will be processed later?!

Does anyone know what message means? Thanks ahead!
Dec 27, 2007
17739 posts
8869 upvotes
Kitchener
imntmush wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 2:46 pm
We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment.

I signed up a new premium account, through the OP link and when i clicked "check availaibility", it lead me to page stating that. Is that mean offer is over? or something wrong on my end?

Thanks.
It means they have not generated you a code yet, wait for the "your GHM is ready" email.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
6458 posts
1817 upvotes
Toronto
Boomer23 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 2:47 pm
Sad people are trying to get $10 back from Spotify. Even if you cancel, enjoy it for the month.
Truly despicable
Apr 28, 2012
106 posts
88 upvotes
MONTRÉAL
aasoror wrote:
People who tried to beat the system into placing more than one order with the same credit card or didn't bother enough to read how they shouldn't use guest checkout as spelled out in the offer terms and conditions? nah they deserve it ;)

Only people for whom Google had no valid reason to cancel their order should get their coupon reinstated.
Beat the system with the same credit card ? What if I share the credit card with my wife ? Or I use it to pay my parents expenses ? Nowhere does it state that using the same CC twice would void the order.

I didn't try to beat the system, the system beat itself and derped.
Apr 8, 2007
209 posts
44 upvotes
Just got off the phone with google in regards to my cancelled order**. Spent a little less than an hour on the phone going through 3 reps. End result is the reason for the cancelled order is due to using guest check out. Google said that spotify must send out a new code. I had already contacted them (spotify) through chat last night and provided them with all the info of the cancelled order. I'm supposed to receive an email from them but haven't received anything yet.

I checked out as a guest much earlier in the day yesterday and I have an order confirmation for that order, with a delivered by date of 16–17 Apr. This second order was in the evening, so it looks like guest checkout did work at one point. But now they fixed that "loophole"

The takeaway is this
Do not use guest check out
That detail might be good to add to the OP

*Yes it says you must sign in, in the fine print but I didn't see that before I made the order (and it worked previously) so I did make a mistake. But I think the system is very poorly setup if the code gets burned on orders that aren't confirmed. You should get an error but you should be able to use the code until it goes through and you get an order confirmation. There's no beating the system there, you paid your $10 you are entitled to the GHM. On a side note the rep didn't say it was due to using the same CC or address. Getting more then one for a household makes a lot of sense, coming from a company that sells a family subscription, what are the chances different family members would like to have their own GHM. Some limit is fine but burning a code for basically hit the wrong button is a bit odd as far as I'm concerned.

If I don't successfully get a GHM ordered within 14 days I'll be asking spotify for a refund as the GHM was the only reason I signed up for premium.

**Email indicated the cancellation was due to "We had to cancel your order because we were unable to validate some of your information."
Last edited by bnevets27 on Apr 10th, 2019 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 27, 2007
17739 posts
8869 upvotes
Kitchener
eaglefei wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 2:49 pm
Does that mean I am not qualified for this promo or my request is pending and will be processed later?!
your request is pending and will be processed later.
Wait for the email.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
1528 posts
1016 upvotes
madpacket wrote:

You can say that again.
Jun 18, 2015
331 posts
435 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bnevets27 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 2:50 pm
Just got off the phone with google in regards to my cancelled order**. Spent a little less than an hour on the phone going through 3 reps. End result is the reason for the cancelled order is due to using guest check out. Google said that spotify must send out a new code. I had already contacted them (spotify) through chat last night and provided them with all the info of the cancelled order. I'm supposed to receive an email from them but haven't received anything yet.

I checked out as a guest much earlier in the day yesterday and I have an order confirmation for that order, with a delivered by date of 16–17 Apr. This second order was in the evening, so it looks like guest checkout did work at one point. But now they fixed that "loophole"

The takeaway is this

*Yes it says you must sign in, in the fine print but I didn't see that before I made the order (and it worked previously) so I did make a mistake. But I think the system is very poorly setup if the code gets burned on orders that aren't confirmed. You should get an error but you should be able to use the code until it goes through and you get an order confirmation.

If I don't successfully get a GHM ordered within 14 days I'll be asking spotify for a refund as the GHM was the only reason I signed up for premium.

**Email indicated the cancellation was due to "We had to cancel your order because we were unable to validate some of your information."

lmao
Oct 7, 2005
902 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
Boomer23 wrote:
madpacket wrote:
FYI for those who signed up to Spotify and care a little bit about privacy.

Make sure you go into your "privacy settings" after logging in via the portal and turn off the spy hooks such as;

1. "Process my Facebook data"
2. "Process my personal data for tailored ads"

I also recommend changing a few settings under the "Notification Settings" such as " Product news" to reduce the amount of Spam you'll receive.

Thank you.

“Even if you paid for the product, you’re now a tool and the product.”
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
1528 posts
1016 upvotes
bnevets27 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 2:50 pm

The takeaway is this

*Yes it says you must sign in, in the fine print but I didn't see that before I made the order (and it worked previously) so I did make a mistake. But I think the system is very poorly setup if the code gets burned on orders that aren't confirmed. You should get an error but you should be able to use the code until it goes through and you get an order confirmation.

From the start it said in OP not to use guest checkout. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Thread Information

There are currently 10 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 6 guests)

DennisReynolds, ned214, fonzy35, iamhere1