Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Apr 8, 2007
212 posts
45 upvotes
sparklingjaney wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 4:53 pm
Spotify can easily confirm it with the order number and cancellation email (which I've been asked for countless times now). Cross reference it with the gmail account used on the Spotify account and it's easy to verify who is telling the truth and who isn't. I really hope it gets sorted out.
That's the thing though I don't think they have access to google's orders. I think they are taking this info and working with google to find out if the info you provide them is valid. If they have to involve google for every cancelled transaction it's going to take awhile. I highly doubt spotify has direct access to googles billing. You also assume people are all using gmail on spotify and using the same gmail for checking out.

Which is a good point. My first order under guest checkout I used a gmail account. The second guest order I used a rogers email. I highly doubt that has any relevance but maybe it does...
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3581 posts
737 upvotes
sparklingjaney wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 4:51 pm
...but I doubt people have the time and energy to make new Gmail accounts AND new Spotify accounts..
Do you realize what site you are on? People here will spend $8 in gas and drive for an hour to save $10. Creating both accounts should take no more than 5 minutes, you can bet people are going to hammer the crap out of this deal.
Last edited by boonjaca on Apr 10th, 2019 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Are you a new parent and looking for freebies for your newborn, go here:
Freebies for your Newborn
Updated December 2018
Sep 5, 2009
232 posts
46 upvotes
I wish they are that sincere. What most likely happening is google cancelling orders based on whatever smart algorithm they put in place. Spotify wont generate a new code (who knows if they have any mechanism to even do it). Google is blaming the whole thing on Spotify and they are not going to do sh**. Spotify is just trying to deny everyone with a problem (They already have 10,000 backorders to worry about and a bill of what 300k/400k from google?). After all you got your one month of stupid service right, so why do we care.
bnevets27 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 4:48 pm
I think the big issue here is spotify I doubt expected this. They just generated codes. I doubt they had anyway to check if the orders went through. They can't just send out new codes to everyone who complains so I'm guess they are trying to set something up with google that allows them to see the order number associated with that promo code so they can send it out only to people that didn't get a confirmed order. If they are doing this by hand it will take a long time so they might be trying to cobble something together hence the silence from spotify. Just a guess so hopefully given a bit of time they will get it sorted.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
1974 posts
313 upvotes
Gta
bnevets27 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 4:54 pm
Except a google rep specifically told me the reason my order was cancelled was due to using guest check out (he looked up my order, I didn't volunteer the info) If he was wrong or not that's another story but it's what I was told. Full disclaimer I had used the same CC. I would hope if it was the same CC that was the reason he would have told me that.
I must have spoke to 3 different google reps yesterday and with respect to how inundated they must be...I got various reasons why it was cancelled . I was told it was a guest account, I was told it was credit card problem, etc etc. in they end they told me to contact Spotify because they had to send a new coded link. Contacting Spotify is even more horrific. No phone number ...just email or social media . I got a response back on Twitter early this morning ...after a bit of back and forth ( their first response was to tell me to try the link again!), they asked for a screenshot of my order confirmation and order number . I sent them my order cancellation. I have not heard a thing since then. I just wanted one for my mom cause it’ll make it easier for her with voice activation if I can set up her lights to google. If I don’t get the second one I guess it’s no biggie ...I’ll just give her mine . Just wish one of these 2 companies would give me a definitive answer.
Koodo member
Apr 8, 2007
212 posts
45 upvotes
b166er1337 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 4:57 pm
Trust me, I am familiar with process. Check page 11 if you want proof.

Google Rep is just like any other call centre rep; they have a set of official answers. Doesn't mean it's the way the system actually works.
Genuinely curious then, did you use guest checkout on everyone of those? And used a different CC? Is it possible they learned from that and changed their ways as they even added it to the terms. (Not aware of what the terms were for that promo)
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
3817 posts
1603 upvotes
DanIsTheBoss wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 4:52 pm
Folks, need your help to understand if i'm scr$$d !

I've subscribed to Spotify at 12:20 pm today
When clicking on "reserve Yours Now" i was redirected to a new page saying " Thank you so much! You've already successfully registered your interest in this offer.
With a link to a "Check availability" page, I got the following message: "We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment."

Any chance I could still get a free GHM ?

Cheers folks
Nah, I had the same problem last night. I just refreshed a few times and it worked. In fact I went through Spotify and redeemed it. This morning, then I saw the email but I already done my order. When I tried the link on the email, it was a full price $79 even I sent it to different google account. I guess it was the same code that I did hence it's already used
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
5123 posts
534 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 11:52 am
You should have signed up with the link in the OP. If you otherwise go through the typical sign-up process they will get you hooked up with 1-month premium trial which will make you ineligible till the month is over (even if you cancel right now).
Thanks this worked! Now the waiting begins for the redemption?
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Apr 21, 2015
231 posts
162 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I guess I screwed up. I signed up a new account with a CC I never used before and I didn't get the offer. Oh well.
Apr 8, 2007
212 posts
45 upvotes
mdfaisal wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 5:03 pm
(They already have 10,000 backorders to worry about and a bill of what 300k/400k from google?). After all you got your one month of stupid service right, so why do we care.
I doubt they'll even have to pay that much. Google wants these in our houses. I'm honestly not sure who is benefiting more here, sure spotify gets a bunch of subscribers and some will stay on premium but a lot will cancel. Now you're left with something in the google ecosystem permanently in your home.
queenofhearts wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 5:04 pm
they asked for a screenshot of my order confirmation and order number . I sent them my order cancellation. I have not heard a thing since then.
Yeah I had already chatted with a rep last night and sent the order number and screen shot. Was told I would get an email from "a special team", nothing yet.
Dec 27, 2007
17920 posts
9064 upvotes
Kitchener
The guy you quoted didn't order 10 units, he ordered around 10 AM.
bnevets27 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 4:38 pm
You could also argue people selling codes actually prove its working less effectively. If they had you type in your google account you were going to claim the promo code on before generating the code and you had to log into that account to claim it (effectively tying it to a specific account) then people couldn't sell codes and you would definitely have to sign into your google account to claim it.
Well, they came up with a scheme that indeed made it harder for abusers to abuse the system, even if it's not optimal again it's miles ahead of any of the bundle deals that people would buy dozens and return one item and keep the free one. Also, it was pretty smart for Spotify to decouple the order from the claim, as far as they are concerned you paid them for that nonrefundable 1 month of premium service they needed and ended up with a code that you might not even be able to use if you are an abuser, now the rest is on you and Google to figure out ;)
I suspect they (spotify/google) definitely don't have a system in place to make this possible at this time.
So they did whatever they could given the current system and faired really well IMO.
Apr 28, 2012
121 posts
110 upvotes
MONTRÉAL
I'm in the same boat with a lot of you with cancelled orders, for both me and my wife.

Spotify and Google have escalated my issue several times, and I just got generic responses. No help from neither, both blaming each other. Spotify escalated my issue once more, and I told them this is the last email I will ever get from them, and it it doesn't solve the issue, I will dispute the charge with my CC.

The GHM is the reason I signed up and if they cannot deliver and plays the infinite blame card, it sounds like illegal bait and switch and I want my charge revoked. For those affected by this, I strongly suggest you do the same.
Dec 27, 2007
17920 posts
9064 upvotes
Kitchener
Ferny111 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 4:43 pm
They haven't secretly ended the deal. Google is attempting to sort out it's stock level with this fiasco. It would be difficult to properly confirm stock numbers without processing the prior orders. The deal is still live, and since there is no exchange of currency/bill of sale, there is no promise of a device. You can take as many orders as you want as long and decline them due to OOS. It happens with online orders all the time especially with ISPU.
Once you process the 1-month subscription then the sale is in effect and offer becomes binding, they were clear about a no "wait time" to process the orders, your subscription starts instantaneously and so does your eligibility for the code (they can still deliver whenever, that's why I was telling people not to panic or declare the deal dead as long as the promo page is still up).
Jul 5, 2013
248 posts
89 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Just delivered! That was fast. Awesome deal Haha
Aug 24, 2016
106 posts
179 upvotes
Lots of people here need to relax. It's day two of this hot deal, of course they'll be swamped with requests leading to order problems etc..
Dec 27, 2007
17920 posts
9064 upvotes
Kitchener
bnevets27 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 5:12 pm
I doubt they'll even have to pay that much. Google wants these in our houses. I'm honestly not sure who is benefiting more here, sure spotify gets a bunch of subscribers and some will stay on premium but a lot will cancel. Now you're left with something in the google ecosystem permanently in your home.
Yup, $10 GHM wouldn't make anyone more likely to sign up for Spotify premium than they would have given the free month of trial period or the 3 months for $1 promo that are readily available (thats why many here wouldn't have mind paying for just the code). The real deal is for Google IMO.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)