Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Spotify

Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Dec 14, 2009
257 posts
114 upvotes
Keswick
I ordered mine on the 9th @2:01pm. Got dispatched on April 10 but got shipping email yesterday morning and still sitting in Mississauga with a April 11-12 delivery date. Love how Canada Post ship and track packages.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
still only one of my orders out of 3 has tracking number... maybe the other 2 are gonna get cancelled lol, i used the same prepaid cc on the google accounts, i think google is the one cancelling not spotify right
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2011
1906 posts
707 upvotes
GTA
registered few days ago . did not receive anything
checked my profile in spotify and it say's

We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
amiratish wrote: registered few days ago . did not receive anything

Did you bother to read previous countless comments on this or 1st post ?
This thread could be only 10 pages if people would read ....
Last edited by lifeisfuneh on Apr 12th, 2019 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
amiratish wrote: registered few days ago . did not receive anything

Check the thread summary.
Jan 10, 2011
633 posts
485 upvotes
Ottawa
Just as a FYI, the original link does not work anymore. Maybe it's just down temporarily?
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
3327 posts
1948 upvotes
Roswell79 wrote: Just as a FYI, the original link does not work anymore. Maybe it's just down temporarily?
Works just fine!
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Roswell79 wrote: Just as a FYI, the original link does not work anymore. Maybe it's just down temporarily?
Works for me.
Additionally, https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/ now has another banner (lower half of the page) for the offer that says "Get a Google Home Mini with Spotify Premium" and forwards to the link in the OP.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
works for me
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
So it seems Google has processed orders from April 9th for those that ordered at 3pm ... It's coming.. Surely but slowly :)
Last edited by Pochacco on Apr 12th, 2019 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
Seems no one wants to read page 1 of the Q and A by aasoror

Here it is for those who seems to have missed it.

Deal Q&A (aasoror 4/11/19)

Q: How can I get this deal?
A: Follow the link, if you are registering a new account make sure you do it via the link else you might get caught in a free one-month trial membership of Spotify premium.

Q: Who is eligible to get the GHM?
A: Existing Spotify premium accounts (gets it free), Existing Spotify FREE accounts (pays $10 to upgrade to Spotify premium) and New Signups (pays $10 to signup for Spotify premium).

Q: Doesn't Spotify premium starts with a free 30 days trial?
A: Yes, but as long as you are on the trial period you aren't eligible, also note once started it can't be canceled. You will either need to wait for it to end or sign up for a new account. This is the reason it's important to use the link in the OP to sign up as it will get your to forfeit that free trial.

Q: Do I need to commit to Spotify premium for a specific time to get GHM?
A: Spotify is a pre-paid service, you are already committing for one month of service at $9.99 to get the GHM, you can cancel anytime during that first month and no further commitment is required (even if Google fulfillment is delayed past the end of the first month).

Q: Doesn't Spotify offer a 14 days refund policy? can I use that loophole to get a free GHM without paying Spotify anything?
A: No, the 14 days refund policy applies if you don't access your account during the first 14 days, Spotify has set the T&C of that offer so your account is considered accessed the moment your payment is processed (whether you actually use the service or not) basically voiding the return policy to close that loophole.

Q: Ok, so I signed up for the offer now what?
A: Now you wait to get an email with the title "your GHM reservation is ready", that email has a link that will take you directly to Google store to complete the purchase.

Q: I haven't received the email yet, going through the offer link one more time opens a page with a link to check availability, once clicked I get a message saying "unable to redeem your code".
A: That's normal, it means no code was generated for you yet, you need to wait for the email.

Q: How long do I need to wait for the redemption email?
A: It depends, started with few minutes, then few hours and now Spotify is saying it might take few days because of the overwhelming response.

Q: Can I double dip?
A: The restriction Spotify enforced to get issued a code is "one per Spotify account" (you can get as many codes as you can create accounts and billing info doesn't need to be unique), on the other hand, Google seems to be enforcing a "one per Google account" policy and is further trying to prevent orders from multiple accounts by the same account holder (which is usually identified by CC info). There is no restriction on the number of orders from the same household (as long as CC is different).

Q: How to play it safe with Google order?
A: DON'T use guest checkout, make sure you shipping info exactly match your CC billing info, don't use the same CC for multiple orders and if using paypal make sure you are shipping to the paypal "confirmed" address.

Q: Google canceled my order, all hope lost?
A: While mostly yes, code is voided and Spotify won't issue you a new one, but there seems a couple of reports about RFD'ers escalating their issue with Spotify enough that Spotify re-issued them codes after getting screenshots from the canceled Google order (that can be anything but the norm, so better play safe).

Q: That's too much overhead, will just pick up a code from ebay for $8?
A: Ebay is swarming with phished/stolen Spotify premium accounts, these accounts could all be used to create "illegitimate" codes. If it's too good to be true, then it's too good to be true. Remember once you use the code it can only be traced back to you and the phisher is out of the loop.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subscriptions to Spotify Premium for Students or Spotify Premium for Family are not eligible for this Supplemental Offer.

Don't use guest checkouts; order will get cancelled and your coupon code will be marked "redeemed" even if the order got cancelled. Google staff will not be able to help.

Only 1 per google account.
Last edited by Pochacco on Apr 12th, 2019 8:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

May 20, 2008
321 posts
298 upvotes
Calgary
Should be in the summary?

If you're trying to redeem the Google Home Mini offer you must have a full-price, individual Premium subscription. If you’re on a Premium trial, you can claim your Google Home Mini (subject to availability) when your trial is complete and you’ve started your full-price subscription. We're also aware people are experiencing a delay receiving an email with next steps for redeeming the offer. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
2019-04-10 17:52 GMT
TELUS Mobility | Unlimited 75GBx7 | $30/line | 5x100GB Connect Bonus, 7x100GB Rural Add-on, VVM $0/line | $0 Peace of Mind Connect for AppleWatch | $0 CAN-US - Tablet x2 | Rogers (Shaw) $0 3+45 GB CAN-US | Rogers 5G Home Internet $5 10+10+45GB Unlimited
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
mikeyr wrote: Should be in the summary?

If you're trying to redeem the Google Home Mini offer you must have a full-price, individual Premium subscription. If you’re on a Premium trial, you can claim your Google Home Mini (subject to availability) when your trial is complete and you’ve started your full-price subscription. We're also aware people are experiencing a delay receiving an email with next steps for redeeming the offer. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
2019-04-10 17:52 GMT
That is essentially Q3 and Q8 in the thread summary.
Banned
Aug 11, 2018
996 posts
928 upvotes
baz5 wrote: I would laugh and post when these went on sale and everyone went crazy for them. I said Google would give these away to make money off you guys and you all are going nuts to buy it on sale. And now here we are, Google literally giving them away because they'll make more money off your data than making you pay for one.
You must think so highly of yourself that you care so much that google selling your question to some company when you said “hey google what’s the weather like today?”...
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
machino4 wrote: Mine shipped ! Ordered on 9th.
What time did you order on the 9th?

Jun 14, 2011
54 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
i ordered on April 9th at 3:30pm estimated delivery date April 15-16. Order dispatched and shipped this morning
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
kodiak450 wrote: i ordered on April 9th at 3:30pm estimated delivery date April 15-16. Order dispatched and shipped this morning
Woohoo.. 3:30pm

April 9th 4 pm orders are coming next!!!

Wonder if they ship on the weekends?

Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
3428 posts
2377 upvotes
Toronto
idontwantausername wrote: You must think so highly of yourself that you care so much that google selling your question to some company when you said “hey google what’s the weather like today?”...
Most don’t care, but why hate on those that do? Privacy is and should be a concern, and there are cases of texts etc being sent off private conversations.

When google knows your location, what you’re searching, your order histories, your family and friends names and addresses and phone numbers, then it’s worth a whole lot to sell those data points to a company to say “hey idontwantausername needs to buy an umbrella today’s, and it’s probably going to be blue, and they are a size XL, oh btw they were searching for a cruise yesterday so double down on that.”

Privacy doesn’t exist anymore. It’s just nobody really cares. Hopefully in the future you can actually selectively sell your own data and buy what you want instead of just free cheap things.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2018
9970 posts
40834 upvotes
SimonB738899 wrote: Got 2 codes left if anyone is interested, PM me.
PM'ed!

Edit: He's trying to sell them
hi :)