Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Sep 30, 2015
412 posts
426 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
User381785 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 10:34 am
Amazing that so many people want to actually install a listening device into their home just because it's free.
Thanks for showing up and being that guy...
Oct 13, 2009
860 posts
379 upvotes
Is it safe to cancel subscription after you get the Google Store order confirmation?
:rolleyes:
Mar 8, 2009
54 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
b166er1337 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 10:32 am
No, I didn't make any account nor sign up for any subscription.

There were way too many people making multiple accounts and tried to profit. As a result, the voucher price plummeted on the market. I merely bought the codes on the cheap (cheaper than signing up myself).

Do note that it is recommended each Google account & physical address can redeem 5 of these. Any additional redemption may result in order cancellation.
If you don't mind sharing, what 'market' is that? Just ebay?
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4072 posts
441 upvotes
User381785 wrote:
Amazing that so many people want to actually install a listening device into their home just because it's free.
Amazing that people click on these threads and can't resist spouting off...
Nov 28, 2011
723 posts
346 upvotes
Toronto
b166er1337 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 10:25 am
already got my fill last year when US had the same promo. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Before seeing your reply, I was convinced that Spotify is running this promo to get back at Apple. No Siri support? We got Google! What's Apple Music giving you? Face With Tears Of Joy

I guess that's not really the reason considering they ran a similar promo in the US last year Thinking Face
Apr 17, 2016
9 posts
21 upvotes
I think since mine was a recent sign up and I am in that 'free month' period that's why I am not eligible,
Sep 21, 2004
9706 posts
3541 upvotes
Calgary
Wolfdale wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 10:39 am
Before seeing your reply, I was convinced that Spotify is running this promo to get back at Apple. No Siri support? We got Google! What's Apple Music giving you? Face With Tears Of Joy

I guess that's not really the reason considering they ran a similar promo in the US last year Thinking Face
This promo was running for a while in US late last year, then earlier this year it was running in UK/France. Now it is Canada's turn.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3860 posts
2751 upvotes
Thread has two down-votes, reason unspecified. Clicked on the wrong icon? Got up on the wrong side of the bed? Hate Google and/or Spotify? :)
Jan 21, 2010
362 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
sprung wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 8:48 am
that's exactly what it is. your data is what these companies value. if the government said we need to put a listening device in your home most people would balk. let a third party do it and we pay them for the privilege!

https://nationalpost.com/life/homes/a-s ... ivate-home

I ordered a free one too of course, I'll be selling it on BST forums once it arrives.
You'll be ostracized for that opinion. Our generation puts very little thought into adopting the latest trendy corporate toy. To jump head first into things is to participate in culture.
Nov 25, 2014
184 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto, ON
~500 users browsing this thread... and google's checkout page still going strong...

Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
4089 posts
766 upvotes
Wat
samj1 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 9:53 am
One reason they are giving them away is to boost their user base. They are always in competition with other voice assistants like Amazon's Alexa and to a lesser extent Apple's Siri. They also know that once someone uses a certain voice assistant they are unlikely to switch to another because of the hardware cost. Amazon doesn't give away Echos even in promotions very often (if ever). Google has periodically given away the Google Home Mini with other products. They have done it a lot with Nest, in fact I think they currently have "buy this get a free Google Home Mini" promotions on. Also, this isn't truly free. I'm sure Google gets user data from Spotify that they can use for YouTube Music/Google Play Music and advertising.
Both sides do giveaways.
Amazon has given free Echo Dots with Ring Security systems.
Also Telus has given free 1 yr prime memberships with purchase of an Alexa device multiple times.

This is the first time I've seen and cashed in on a free Google home device.
Last edited by Wiseman on Apr 9th, 2019 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
2541 posts
467 upvotes
Toronto
User381785 wrote:
I suppose you stick to walkie talkies rather than a cell phone? Face With Stuck-out Tongue
Last edited by mapleleafs89 on Apr 9th, 2019 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 27, 2018
64 posts
34 upvotes
Thread has two down-votes, reason unspecified. Clicked on the wrong icon? Got up on the wrong side of the bed? Hate Google and/or Spotify?
I just wanted to comment the same, you are faster, I don't know why people downvote, must be using tiny screen mobile phone and clicked the button wrong.
Oct 30, 2012
89 posts
129 upvotes
User381785 wrote:
Even if your tinfoil hat theory was correct, my audio will contain such classic hits as "8+ hours of snoring", "3 hours of man shouting at tv during baseball/basketball/hockey game", and of course everyones favourite "the 2 hour long destruction of the toilet the morning after spicy food".

Great deal OP (deal of the year so far?), I'm already a premium member so a welcome free gift that will be used as a house warming present this weekend!
Last edited by mrkdwd on Apr 9th, 2019 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.