Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Nov 29, 2013
785 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
DentDude wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 9:11 pm
I just signed up a new account now. I hit the reserve button for the Google Home Mini and it said I had successfully reserved one but that since demand was high that I will receive an email later once they are available again. Works for me.
Thanks I was waiting to read a response like this
Dec 31, 2016
111 posts
30 upvotes
Mississauga, ON, CA
I wonder how the US Spotify Family Account with free Google Mini go last year?
Also, I wonder who is actually benefitting out of this..Spotify or Google? Google could have had their own promo on YouTube Premium instead...
Last edited by accessarpit on Apr 10th, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3577 posts
736 upvotes
fdl wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 8:55 pm
Hmmm I already own a google home mini. Any reason to own two of these lol
Use it as an intercom system. That’s what I use it for, well that and to listen to music. It’s easier to broadcast a message rather than to scream between floors to call someone.
Are you a new parent and looking for freebies for your newborn, go here:
Freebies for your Newborn
Updated December 2018
Dec 16, 2010
491 posts
286 upvotes
Canada
I have all of mine connected to the Nest Home and whoever is at the door will be announced. It's really quite useful. That and to broadcast messages to the family etc.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2009
5045 posts
2829 upvotes
boonjaca wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 9:19 pm
Use it as an intercom system. That’s what I use it for, well that and to listen to music. It’s easier to broadcast a message rather than to scream between floors to call someone.
Ok. Though I can broadcast from google assistant on my phone too
Jul 6, 2018
259 posts
359 upvotes
zing31 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 8:37 pm
Ordered yesterday morning and received when I got home today. Hopefully the other 8 I ordered all show up as well!
People like this is the reason the world is a sh*tty place to live.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
3813 posts
1595 upvotes
accessarpit wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 9:18 pm
I wonder how the US Spotify Family Account with free Google Mini go last year?
Also, I wonder who is actually benefitting out of this..Spotify or Google? Google could have had their own promo on YouTube Premium instead...
I thought they do. Did they stop that, 3 months free with YouTube premium for every GHM
Oct 24, 2008
847 posts
472 upvotes
boonjaca wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 9:19 pm
Whoa really? I have a google home mini already but have another come coming for our other floor with this promo. How do you use them as intercom? That would be super helpful
Mar 21, 2010
22 posts
52 upvotes
North York
Anyone else signed up but still waiting for the promo code email?
Banned
Jan 28, 2018
382 posts
383 upvotes
Toronto, ON
blues45 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 9:04 pm
Fustrating to hear things like this. I ordered one only actually subscribe to Spotify monthly.

What do you need 9 Google Mini's for?
I'll give you one guess

There were posts on Reddit showing that GHMs are up on Kijiji for $79, and so are the Skullcandy speakers that went on $1 sale.
My wallet got depression and my imaginary GF left me because of RFD 😢
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3577 posts
736 upvotes
bpcrally wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 9:28 pm
Whoa really? I have a google home mini already but have another come coming for our other floor with this promo. How do you use them as intercom? That would be super helpful
You can use your phone with the google home app or just say broadcast to the mini and then your message. It will then send the message to their other home units. As another user said, it’s also handy to have it announce when someone is at your door when it rings the nest doorbell.
Are you a new parent and looking for freebies for your newborn, go here:
Freebies for your Newborn
Updated December 2018
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1318 posts
430 upvotes
Toronto
bpcrally wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 9:28 pm
Hey Google, broadcast "[insert your message here]"

It will broadcast to every Google Home device connected on the network
Nov 30, 2017
29 posts
11 upvotes
Created a new spotify account 5 hours ago. Yet to receive an email from spotify with the code.
Jul 2, 2015
14 posts
3 upvotes
North York, ON
Same here, still waiting for the promo email. I only got my 9.99 receipt so far since this morning