Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Dec 27, 2007
18801 posts
9935 upvotes
Kitchener
Growingupisold wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 10:43 am
Has anybody tried taking the code from the URL and ordering from the Google Store directly with that? Curious as to whether a) it works and b) it offers better shipping times c) allows you to order any colour..
a) yes
b) no
c) no
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1906 posts
2100 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
zebracobra007 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 11:21 am
I didn't realize that people were still interested in this Google virtual assistant device, all the rave has been with Amazon's Alexa. Maybe that's why they are offering it almost free.
Alexa was always sh!t in my opinion. Google assistant, has the Google search backend, better integration for YouTube/casting, plus the new "interpreter mode" is awesome, not to mention the multiple language support.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2944 posts
1061 upvotes
Scarborough
How are peeps selling codes for $12 on Kijiji? Aren't they out $10 from Spotify and making a $2 profit?
Aug 1, 2018
59 posts
54 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
zebracobra007 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 11:21 am
I didn't realize that people were still interested in this Google virtual assistant device, all the rave has been with Amazon's Alexa. Maybe that's why they are offering it almost free.
Hmmm I'm intrigued by that. I got the free Echo Dot with the PS4 purchase on Black Friday and we haven't been thrilled with it so far - we're hoping to find this GHM to be an improvement when we receive it. The Echo Dot sounds pretty great with music and is good for music and smart home devices but it's almost useless for asking questions other than the weather. I ask what seem like simple questions like "what is Walmart's return policy" or simple cooking questions and it can never answer them. We're hoping the GHM is better for questions since it apparently googles the question / answer which Echo Dot can't seem to do
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1208 posts
675 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
OrangeBerry wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 11:30 am
How are peeps selling codes for $12 on Kijiji? Aren't they out $10 from Spotify and making a $2 profit?
They might already have Spotify premium, so its technically a pure profit if they were gonna pay that amount anyway.
May 16, 2012
892 posts
189 upvotes
Quebec
My order Got shipped too..
SYSTEM1: Asrock Board | Intel I7-8770K
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2007
1077 posts
431 upvotes
I have both. Alexa is pure garbage for asking it general information lookups, but it's better for having a wider suite of home automation support. With that in mind, I have yet to buy a product that wasn't supported by both, so it might be for more obscure brands.
Dec 31, 2016
177 posts
66 upvotes
Mississauga, ON, CA
remik wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 11:29 am
Alexa was always sh!t in my opinion. Google assistant, has the Google search backend, better integration for YouTube/casting, plus the new "interpreter mode" is awesome, not to mention the multiple language support.
second you on that
I definitely don’t need one, so I’ll do the right thing and pick one up on my way home. 😎

**Just pick one and don't loot** 😠
Dec 31, 2016
177 posts
66 upvotes
Mississauga, ON, CA
OrangeBerry wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 11:30 am
Spotify has run out codes, those codes are gold now...lol
just kidding...or am i?
I definitely don’t need one, so I’ll do the right thing and pick one up on my way home. 😎

**Just pick one and don't loot** 😠
Sep 29, 2018
132 posts
135 upvotes
Ceylonboy wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 10:57 am
Ordered april 9th around 2pm. Got the confirmation right away. Got the shipped notification this morning. Should arrive today or tommorow.Grinning Face
Did you have 11-12 as your delivery estimate or 12-15?
Dec 27, 2007
18801 posts
9935 upvotes
Kitchener
covenant99934 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 10:39 am
they feel they should get one over the guy who signs up only for the mini and cancels immediately after.
This is exactly what the promo is all about, give us $10 and get a mini and feel free to leave whenever you want afterward.

You are welcome to join, Spotify made sure they aren't locking your billing info just because of your family account, you only need to create a new account and get the offer.

Here is the thing, there is 0 entitlement here, they run their numbers and decided family accounts (and any other discounted/promotional accounts) doesn't deserve to get the freebie, you are free to vote with your money and cancel, play their game and get the GHM for $10 or decide the savings you already got covers the freebie and just move on.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1906 posts
2100 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
zing31 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 11:32 am
Hmmm I'm intrigued by that. I got the free Echo Dot with the PS4 purchase on Black Friday and we haven't been thrilled with it so far - we're hoping to find this GHM to be an improvement when we receive it. The Echo Dot sounds pretty great with music and is good for music and smart home devices but it's almost useless for asking questions other than the weather. I ask what seem like simple questions like "what is Walmart's return policy" or simple cooking questions and it can never answer them. We're hoping the GHM is better for questions since it apparently googles the question / answer which Echo Dot can't seem to do
It is. 1 nifty feature is when I wanted to call my daughter's school that she'll be sick. I just said. "hey Google, what is the phone number for "so and so elementary", it replied back the number is ex. "905-555-1234", ok, call it! Ok, calling "so and so elementary" :) I was able to leave a message in the school's attendance line and NO PHONE REQUIRED!
Last edited by remik on Apr 11th, 2019 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 14, 2017
553 posts
492 upvotes
chevyz07 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 11:32 am
They might already have Spotify premium, so its technically a pure profit if they were gonna pay that amount anyway.
No way kijiji users would pay for a personal sub over a group buy on a family plan.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1497 posts
463 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Ener123 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 11:35 am
Did you have 11-12 as your delivery estimate or 12-15?
he ordered just before me so he should have 11-12 as ETA as that's what i got when i ordered