Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2015
1131 posts
141 upvotes
Peterborough
Mines coming in a couple hours can I hook this up to my bluetooth home suround theater or my PC with bluetooth?
Aug 1, 2018
54 posts
50 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
remik wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 11:37 am
It is. 1 nifty feature is when I wanted to call my daughter's school that she'll be sick. I just said. "hey Google, what is the phone number for "so and so elementary", it replied back the number is ex. "905-555-1234", ok, call it! Ok, calling "so and so elementary" :) NO PHONE REQUIRED!
Okay yeah this is going to be insanely better than the Echo Dot then. I bought the 2 GHMs when Best Buy had the price error and I ended up giving them away as gifts because we had already set up the Echo Dot and most articles online claim that they're about equal in comparison and that they each have their own pros and cons. I don't see how anyone can state that when the GHM can do everything the Echo Dot does and also actually answer questions which the Echo Dot can not
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
3819 posts
1001 upvotes
GTA
ScottF391 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 11:41 am
Mines coming in a couple hours can I hook this up to my bluetooth home suround theater or my PC with bluetooth?
I would assume so. It does support Bluetooth. I have it paired with my phone. Might have to go into the Google Home app for pairing
Apr 28, 2012
143 posts
134 upvotes
MONTRÉAL
Shawnies wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 11:26 am
you need to be persistent, it can only be done via support email, chat can only help move it along. Also tell them you want to cancel instead and get refund via their 14 day policy if you can't get google mini.
I guess you got pretty lucky then, along with a few others. I even threatened them that I will dispute the charges via my credit card company and I still got a very generic response.

I sent another email explaining that some customers got new codes, and how they are handling this differently from one paying customer to another, which is unacceptable. I said it's the final warning before I dispute the charge, and I really will.
Jun 26, 2010
543 posts
260 upvotes
Vancouver
ScottF391 wrote:
It has to hook up to your home network wifi.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4355 posts
501 upvotes
Scarborough
Order on the 9th and shipped same day
Apr 10 8:24am Item processed
CP tracking said "expected delivery today" for the 10th
It said that all day up until this morning as well (the 11th)

Now it just got updated again
Apr 11 8:31am Item Processed
Apr 11 11:04am Item out for delivery

lol let's home it shows up this time :P
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Jun 14, 2011
40 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered mine on April 9th around 3pm using guest check out, the estimated delivery date is April 15-16. I have not got a shipping notification yet, but if I check the status I can no longer cancel the order so I am hoping it will be shipping soon.
Sep 11, 2009
61 posts
20 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
My friend (neighbour) ordered few minutes ago and we live in Markham, he said his will be delivered Apr 17-18. I guess the shipping/delivery times are also somewhat based on location...
I ordered mine on the 9th in the morning when this thread has only 2 pages, and I got my mini the next day.
Jul 27, 2017
187 posts
73 upvotes
Got mine today, now I literally have every room or area of my house with either a mini or Alexa…. Let the party begin? Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1874 posts
2048 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
zing31 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 11:43 am
Okay yeah this is going to be insanely better than the Echo Dot then. I bought the 2 GHMs when Best Buy had the price error and I ended up giving them away as gifts because we had already set up the Echo Dot and most articles online claim that they're about equal in comparison and that they each have their own pros and cons. I don't see how anyone can state that when the GHM can do everything the Echo Dot does and also actually answer questions which the Echo Dot can not
I bought 1st gen echo dot from the US about 2yrs back, just to compare the GH I already had from the US before it was sold in Canada, 15mins and I packed it up and sold to my neighbor, it was such crap! Obviously it has maybe gotten a little bit better since then, but Google Assistant on GHM, GH, Insignia Voice, Google Home Hub, and Lenovo smart display, all of which I've used at a point in time, all are 1000x better!

Try, "Hey Google, I'm feeling Lucky!" to enable trivia game mode, a great feature to kill time or when you have friends over.
Last edited by remik on Apr 11th, 2019 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 28, 2016
6 posts
2 upvotes
Mine is on time.

- Ordered: Apr. 9, 2019, 13:34
- Dispatched: Apr. 11, 2019, 03:43

Expected delivery: April 12 - 15 (Quėbec)
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2015
1131 posts
141 upvotes
Peterborough
shabbydog wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 11:44 am
It has to hook up to your home network wifi.
thanks
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1057 posts
231 upvotes
Winnipeg
ScottF391 wrote:
This wasn't possible when Google Home first came out but I'm pretty sure this is possible now. I haven't done this myself but you specify a bluetooth speaker where music plays to. I can't check since I'm not at home.
Apr 1, 2017
890 posts
1442 upvotes
Ordered April 9th, received this morning (QC). I'm on a family plan but created new account for the GHM. Cancelled the new account. My buddy is getting a free month of Spotify XD
Last edited by aintic on Apr 11th, 2019 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blowing all savings from RFD on deals from RFD 😂
Oct 3, 2005
231 posts
62 upvotes
Edmonton
Ordered April 9 5:50pm Eastern time, received order confirmation from Google Store but the order details show that it has not yet "gone to their warehouse for packing". Delivery estimate 23-24 April.