Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Dec 31, 2016
177 posts
66 upvotes
Mississauga, ON, CA
remik wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 11:49 am
I bought 1st gen echo dot from the US about 2yrs back, just to compare the GH I already had from the US before it was sold in Canada, 15mins and I packed it up and sold to my neighbor, it was such crap! Obviously it has maybe gotten a little bit better since then, but Google Assistant on GHM, GH, Insignia Voice, Google Home Hub, and Lenovo smart display, all of which I've used at a point in time, all are 1000x better!

Try, "Hey Google, I'm feeling Lucky!" to enable trivia game mode, a great feature to kill time or when you have friends over.
Boy you've been on spree collecting upvotes today!
I definitely don’t need one, so I’ll do the right thing and pick one up on my way home. 😎

**Just pick one and don't loot** 😠
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2015
1132 posts
141 upvotes
Peterborough
tatung wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 11:52 am
This wasn't possible when Google Home first came out but I'm pretty sure this is possible now. I haven't done this myself but you specify a bluetooth speaker where music plays to. I can't check since I'm not at home.
thanks hopefully I can some how one review said you need a comcast but maybe thats was old
Apr 9, 2019
26 posts
14 upvotes
Still getting the infuriating "We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment." Message. Any luck with anyone here in the same position who managed to have these frauds send them the purchase link? This is seriously not right, and the funny part is they still have the sign-up page put up. It's pretty much false advertising at this point. Any laws protecting consumers from false advertising in Canada?
Jun 26, 2010
563 posts
294 upvotes
Vancouver
DealDweller wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 11:54 am
Still getting the infuriating "We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment." Message. Any luck with anyone here in the same position who managed to have these frauds send them the purchase link? This is seriously not right, and the funny part is they still have the sign-up page put up. It's pretty much false advertising at this point. Any laws protecting consumers from false advertising in Canada?
I had this message too but when I go back to the original Spotify offer link, it tells me that mine is reserved and that it'll just a take a while longer to process because of demand.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14441 posts
5366 upvotes
Los Angeles
zing31 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 11:32 am
Hmmm I'm intrigued by that. I got the free Echo Dot with the PS4 purchase on Black Friday and we haven't been thrilled with it so far - we're hoping to find this GHM to be an improvement when we receive it. The Echo Dot sounds pretty great with music and is good for music and smart home devices but it's almost useless for asking questions other than the weather. I ask what seem like simple questions like "what is Walmart's return policy" or simple cooking questions and it can never answer them. We're hoping the GHM is better for questions since it apparently googles the question / answer which Echo Dot can't seem to do
I just asked "Alexa, what is Walmart's return policy", and she answered with good/accurate information. Do you have some sort of accent that Alexa can't understand perhaps?

Djino
Nov 14, 2015
241 posts
109 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Ordered mine at 3pm on the 9th, was dispatched at 4 am this morning
Apr 22, 2014
20 posts
1 upvote
vancouver
Ordered mine at 2:36 PM on the 9th, still not shipped.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2006
1518 posts
347 upvotes
LOL again Canada gets the shafted deal. It's a good deal, but the US got it for like a $0.99 sign up.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
6475 posts
1316 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Shadow Rider wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 12:06 pm
LOL again Canada gets the shafted deal. It's a good deal, but the US got it for like a $0.99 sign up.
You can fit Canada's population into the US almost 9 times, so paying 9x less seems about right.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
7264 posts
2357 upvotes
Toronto
Shadow Rider wrote:

Yeah true...lol
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from these knowledge and information.
Jan 28, 2015
39 posts
5 upvotes
York, ON
Ive had premium for the last year and I clicked on the link on op and it said that my google home is now reserved and I'm waiting for an email. If I refresh this page, there's an option that's says check availability.

If I click on it it says that sorry you can't redeem this at the moment.

Do I have to wait for an email? Or should I keep clicking check availability?

Anyone else having the same problem?
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4058 posts
926 upvotes
Shadow Rider wrote:
$9.99 Canadian is about $7.47 USD. So, we paid $6.48 USD more than the Americans.

Or, we got Spotify ($9.99 value) + GHM ($79.99) for $9.99 Canadian
Americans got Spotify ($9.99) + GMH ($49.99) for $0.99 USD.
Dec 17, 2018
18 posts
5 upvotes
Ordered mine Apr. 9 and received it today.
Going to give it a try tonight.

Anyone have both the GHM and Echo Dot and use both in their homes?
Apr 1, 2007
370 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
jcon wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 12:16 pm
$9.99 Canadian is about $7.47 USD. So, we paid $6.48 USD more than the Americans.

Or, we got Spotify ($9.99 value) + GHM ($79.99) for $9.99 Canadian
Americans got Spotify ($9.99) + GMH ($49.99) for $0.99 USD.
That’s why we have about 1,200 downvotes on this thread and RFD is boycotting this deal Face With Tears Of Joy
Dec 20, 2006
8 posts
1 upvote
Does anyone know the length of the commitment to Spotify Premium following receipt of Google Home Mini?