Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Spotify

Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
1333 posts
543 upvotes
Kingston
Ordered late afternoon Apr. 9th. It was "Delivered by 18-20 Apr" with the option of cancellation of order. Now, it's changed to "Delivered by 17-18 Apr" without cancellation option.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Thecoolguy wrote: I don’t have a cc added to PayPal but have quite a bit of PayPal balance but I cannot use that to buy Spotify premium. You need to ad a cc to buy it
Yes, you can use Paypal balance to pay the first month of the premium subscription (and get the GHM) but I think a CC (prepaid is ok?) is still needed for the monthly agreement that takes effect when you subscribe, yet you can still assign Paypal balance as the primary source for the agreement and the credit card as a backup one, so as long as you have balance on PP no transaction will be made on your credit card. That's how I have my Spotify subscription set.
Feb 28, 2012
287 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Growingupisold wrote: "Allows it to project louder when she's singing out facing you instead of yelling up from flat on her back, providing good audition experience"

I love the engrish on these products, absolutely hilarious.
Didn't read the description when placing my order...it's so damned funny!!!
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
1333 posts
543 upvotes
Kingston
Thecoolguy wrote: I don’t have a cc added to PayPal but have quite a bit of PayPal balance but I cannot use that to buy Spotify premium. You need to ad a cc to buy it
I used my Paypal balance to buy one month Spotify premium in Apr. 9th.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2007
5522 posts
3051 upvotes
GTA
atlantic_man wrote: Ordered late afternoon Apr. 9th. It was "Delivered by 18-20 Apr" with the option of cancellation of order. Now, it's changed to "Delivered by 17-18 Apr" without cancellation option.
Exactly the same situation here.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
SuperMocha wrote: I picked up this one instead of the magnet one...https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07HSY ... UTF8&psc=1 Just because it's cheaper...$15.99 for two...
Alternatively, you can make it (next to) free at many public libraries.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2695943
Sep 9, 2007
217 posts
94 upvotes
atlantic_man wrote: Ordered late afternoon Apr. 9th. It was "Delivered by 18-20 Apr" with the option of cancellation of order. Now, it's changed to "Delivered by 17-18 Apr" without cancellation option.
I ordered April 9th in the evening - same here.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1798 posts
1184 upvotes
Eastern Canada
jasonchewy wrote: I used my STACK card when ordering from Google, I know they charge $2 and paid back later (dunno when) for verification.
But I'm seeing $2 charged twice yesterday, no pay back yet.
Anyone seeing something similar?
Same for me..
Twice at $2.00 on my AMEX.
. . . .
Be Nice...
. . . .
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
govas19 wrote: I think the thread summary should be updated with:
Done.
This is kind of dumb. If you already pre-paid a year's worth of subscription you cannot get a mini, however someone who subscribes for a couple of months then cancels gets it.
Come to think about it, it's all about it making discounted, promo rates ineligible for further discounts.
A quick search for prior deals and you can easily find offers like "1 year prepaid for $99" and "$10 GC card when activating a $60 one", so those on pre-paid subscriptions or paying with gift cards already got discounts, it's not that unfair to ask them to chip $10 off the discounts they already got and create a temp account to get that google mini if they feel like it (again Spotify went through no measure to block those members from the deal, but they just don't want them to double dip).
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
so how many of you are getting the deal then canceling at the end of the month?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 3, 2006
5546 posts
3067 upvotes
Winnipeg
EPcjay wrote: so how many of you are getting the deal then canceling at the end of the month?
I will be. I've been using Google Music and still prefer it over Spotify. I also get YT Premium and YTM included, so it's a better value for me.

Spotify definitely has some advantages but so does GM. I hope GM incorporates them into the future.
This isn't a blog.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43247 upvotes
ONTARIO
They changed the end date from may 9th to april 17?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 12, 2005
8152 posts
92 upvotes
Currently on the family plan I know I'm not eligible. Can i switch my wife and I from a family to 2 single premium plans and redeem 2 minis then go back to family after?
Aug 31, 2014
567 posts
910 upvotes
ontario
jEnkinsX wrote: Currently on the family plan I know I'm not eligible. Can i switch my wife and I from a family to 2 single premium plans and redeem 2 minis then go back to family after?
Yes but you will have to either create two new accounts, if you convert your existing you run the risk of it not changing over to the single person plan in time for this promotion.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 12, 2005
8152 posts
92 upvotes
Growingupisold wrote: Yes but you will have to either create two new accounts, if you convert your existing you run the risk of it not changing over to the single person plan in time for this promotion.
You know what you're right.. I'll just make new accounts.

Thanks!
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43247 upvotes
ONTARIO
Growingupisold wrote: Where are you seeing that?

Edit: He's right, at the bottom of the page for the offer. https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/googlehome/offer/
The thread title now has (til april 17th) at the end of it.
So I checked the original link and it does indeed show in the fine print that it now ends april 17th instead of may 9th like it said previously.
It still says you can redeem til may 31st though, but looks like you wil only have 1 more day to reserve one from spotify
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4669 posts
752 upvotes
Scarborough
cyphon21 wrote: Thank you! I was looking at these. I think I am just going to go with this one. Now to find other 'useful' stuff to get my free shipping haha.
Get the Google Home Hub :P
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1661 posts
511 upvotes
Is there any reason why I can't trade my chalk with someone else? Are these things tied to my google account at all? serial number tied to my account for warranty purposes?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)