Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Spotify

Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
kcorscadden wrote: Selling them for $10 doesn't make much sense considering they paid $10 to get it. I guess they are looking at it as they got a month free of Spotify?
They got the product for free as they already subscribed to Premium before this promo
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
kcorscadden wrote: Selling them for $10 doesn't make much sense considering they paid $10 to get it. I guess they are looking at it as they got a month free of Spotify?
Makes perfect sense. They probably listed them for more originally, but eventually you have to take what you can get. When these things are coming in cereal boxes and cracker jacks, you might be lucky to get $10 for them. No one pays anywhere close to retail for these.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5408 posts
6418 upvotes
Is it safe to cancel Spotify before Google ships out the Mini? Cuz my estimated delivery date is more than a month away.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
2198 posts
2414 upvotes
BB88 wrote: Is it safe to cancel Spotify before Google ships out the Mini? Cuz my estimated delivery date is more than a month away.
Yes, you should be fine
May 6, 2010
527 posts
219 upvotes
Ottawa
So this is my experience with this.
Ordered first one using email address X (using guest checkout) and had zero issues. Already received.
Tried ordering a second one using my wife's email (email address Y) also using guest checkout. Order got cancelled and because google never sent the confirmation to me, Spotify refused to issue me a new promo code. oh well
(These both happened on the first day when the FAQ wasn't as thorough as now)
I had email address Z that was on the free trial before this promo came up (I had already cancelled the free trial a few days ago, but free month still went up to the 25th). Today I was chatting with Spotify regarding a different issue and just happened to ask if i could be eligible if i re-signed up. The agent said he could revert my free premium trial to the Free Spotify (non-premium) and then i could sign up again to get the google home mini. So he did, and i signed up and already successfully ordered the GHM
Mar 5, 2018
617 posts
1327 upvotes
Montreal
Delivery date 17-18 April, not shipped yet Pouting Face🤬🤬
Images
  • 67FB0D7E-0690-4612-944A-15897985EB1D.jpeg
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2016
1068 posts
1030 upvotes
Anyone thinking to keep their subscription? I admit I wasn't, but after playing with the app a couple days I kinda like it. Easy to use, lots of options. It can replace satellite radio if you have a decent data plan, or use the low-data option if you don't. I might upgrade to family ($15/mo) later since it gives 6 accounts that way.

Came for the GHM but might stay for the music.
Nov 21, 2015
643 posts
388 upvotes
indeals wrote: Anyone thinking to keep their subscription? I admit I wasn't, but after playing with the app a couple days I kinda like it. Easy to use, lots of options. It can replace satellite radio if you have a decent data plan, or use the low-data option if you don't. I might upgrade to family ($15/mo) later since it gives 6 accounts that way.

It’s a no brainer for streaming music.
I use Apple Music and Spotify (Student account) and I’ve been satisfied. Pretty much all the time I stream music off my phone whenever I’m driving so it’s really useful. Especially that you can download music before you leave your home so you’re not eating up data. I don’t really prefer radio ads... and some radio stations aren’t 4K HD (idk the radio version lol). I also have a portable speaker & alexa at home so it’s really accessible whenever I wanna listen to music.
May 6, 2010
527 posts
219 upvotes
Ottawa
indeals wrote: Anyone thinking to keep their subscription? I admit I wasn't, but after playing with the app a couple days I kinda like it. Easy to use, lots of options. It can replace satellite radio if you have a decent data plan, or use the low-data option if you don't. I might upgrade to family ($15/mo) later since it gives 6 accounts that way.

I had signed up for spotify two weeks before this promo, so I'm for sure keeping it. Google home mini was just a bonus!
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
tim.ng07 wrote: So this is my experience with this.
Ordered first one using email address X (using guest checkout) and had zero issues. Already received.
Tried ordering a second one using my wife's email (email address Y) also using guest checkout. Order got cancelled and because google never sent the confirmation
What do you mean google never sent the confirmation? Confirmation for ?
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2014
1537 posts
512 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
Thanks for creating and contributing to this thread. I was already a spotify subscriber, ordered one yesterday, says it will ship May 10-13.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2007
1391 posts
881 upvotes

A true redflag member knows to use youtube for free.
May 6, 2010
527 posts
219 upvotes
Ottawa
Pochacco wrote: What do you mean google never sent the confirmation? Confirmation for ?
When Google cancelled the order, they never sent a confirmation email, so i had "no proof", even though i contacted google support and they sent me an email with order number and why it was cancelled. Spotify insisted they needed the email confirmation cancellation.
Honestly i could have fought it more, but it was like 36 hours before i would get a reply from them and i was getting tired of it
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
tim.ng07 wrote: When Google cancelled the order, they never sent a confirmation email, so i had "no proof", even though i contacted google support and they sent me an email with order number and why it was cancelled. Spotify insisted they needed the email confirmation cancellation.
Honestly i could have fought it more, but it was like 36 hours before i would get a reply from them and i was getting tired of it
So weird that google didn't send out a cancelled notice order

Spotify has so much red tape barrier

Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2653 posts
443 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
insomnia77 wrote: A true redflag member knows to use youtube for free.
A true YouTube user would realize they suck for a constant stream now since they implemented the 'Are you still listening?' feature. YT sucks. They don't want you using it for music, they want you to use Google Music.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
1069 posts
2119 upvotes

No data needed, there should be an option in the app to download all your music/podcasts, basically whatever you want you can have downloaded on your phone over wifi and then not have to need data. Can listen to anything in airplane mode.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote: You don't get an email from Google, it comes from Spotify.

Verify that she's even registered for the offer by going here https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/googlehome/redeem/

Edit: link now redirects me somewhere else. I know the offer was ending today, but I figured 11:59 PM. Is it over?
My friend registered last week but never got an email from Spotify so she asked me to help and look into it.

So I asked her to try to click the link above and it Allowed her to order... will google allowed this order to go through or not based on how she never got an email that said she is now ready to order ?
Last edited by Pochacco on Apr 17th, 2019 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7849 posts
8797 upvotes
cyphon21 wrote: A true YouTube user would realize they suck for a constant stream now since they implemented the 'Are you still listening?' feature. YT sucks. They don't want you using it for music, they want you to use Google Music.
Been using YouTube Music for a few months now. I find it just as good as Spotify, and it also comes with YouTube Premium. Much better value than Spotify premium.