Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Apr 14, 2018
79 posts
93 upvotes
Update on order placed on Apr 9, 7 pm:

No longer able to cancel order or change delivery address. Looks like it is being processed now and will likely be shipped out by today!
Dec 18, 2017
421 posts
723 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Thanks OP. Code claimed and a Chalk flavoured GHM is in its way. *yum* ;)

ETA for delivery is early Jun.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2001
1744 posts
400 upvotes
Calgary
DavidO48988 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 11:50 pm
I just received my GHM. Now i have to figure out what to do with it...
I already have a couple, this one is going in bathroom, so I can get the news/radio/music/traffic report while I get ready for work
Dec 18, 2017
421 posts
723 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
MafiaHitman wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 4:10 am
I already have a couple, this one is going in bathroom, so I can get the news/radio/music/traffic report while I get ready for work

And you can crank up the tunes while in the shower. ;)

PRO TIP: On a more serious note, you (or anyone else in the household) can use this to call for help if there’s ever a slip and fall incident in the shower.

Also, I play rain sounds off of the one in my washroom at night (via routines). That way the speaker is far away from everyone’s bedrooms in the household to keep that ‘ambient sound’ subtle and truly ambient! I prefer this much over having a speaker play ambient sounds right in my bedroom. Even at the lowest volume setting I do find the bedroom one disruptive at times.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Jun 29, 2016
196 posts
63 upvotes
I think the thread summary should be updated with:
Can I get the offer with pre-paid Premium?

No. At this time, the offer is only available with a Premium subscription paid with a recurring payment method such as a debit or credit card. It’s not available if you've already pre-paid Premium time, or use Premium gift cards.

You can register your interest in receiving a Promotional Code (subject to availability) at the end of your pre-paid time if you set up a recurring Premium subscription. If you don't have a recurring payment method (such as a debit or credit card), you won't be able to make use of this offer.
This is kind of dumb. If you already pre-paid a year's worth of subscription you cannot get a mini, however someone who subscribes for a couple of months then cancels gets it.
Who comes up with this stuff? Naturally existing customers will be vexed and leave.
At any rate, Amazon Prime is a better deal, for $7.99 you get music and video streaming.
Aug 31, 2014
312 posts
462 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Nypheral wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 10:57 pm
Anyone notice that it's kinda warm even though it's idle? Worried about power consumption lol.
This thing tends to stay quite warm is what I've noticed.. Not sure exactly why it's so warm when it's been home idle all day.
Aug 31, 2014
312 posts
462 upvotes
Toronto, ON
vancityguy0 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 5:47 am
And you can crank up the tunes while in the shower. ;)

PRO TIP: On a more serious note, you (or anyone else in the household) can use this to call for help if there’s ever a slip and fall incident in the shower.

Also, I play rain sounds off of the one in my washroom at night (via routines). That way the speaker is far away from everyone’s bedrooms in the household to keep that ‘ambient sound’ subtle and truly ambient! I prefer this much over having a speaker play ambient sounds right in my bedroom. Even at the lowest volume setting I do find the bedroom one disruptive at times.
Just make sure you're calling a family member and not 911, Google Home is very adamant and likes to remind you every phone call that it cannot be used for emergency numbers..
Dec 10, 2015
55 posts
44 upvotes
Montréal
govas19 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 10:24 pm
I get the same message and all the options I see are about getting a family or student plan. Did you manage to solve it?
I have a subscription which expires in July and can't get it, other people subscribe for one month and get it? I'm kind of upset, thinking about writing an email and switching to Amazon if I don't get it.

It is because I paid with a pre-paid gift card. Spotify sucks, come July will give prime a try.
I was trying to switch my family plan into a premium one and then order a mini. Found out, I had to make a new account since Premium would start the month after. Hope this helps...
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
1718 posts
1011 upvotes
I already put in one order in and had it approved, and the GHM is being sent in May. Is there any risk of google cancelling that order if I try to order a second one under a different gmail and spotify account?
Aug 17, 2012
216 posts
113 upvotes
COQUITLAM
Once the order has been in place with Google, can you cancel Spotify premium?
Oct 22, 2005
537 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
Watoko wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 2:32 am
Update on order placed on Apr 9, 7 pm:

No longer able to cancel order or change delivery address. Looks like it is being processed now and will likely be shipped out by today!
Same... Ordered April 9th 9:30p

Finally the change address or cancel option is gone now...and says will email once shipped!
Last edited by pendragon on Apr 16th, 2019 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 18, 2010
60 posts
68 upvotes
wildzero wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 8:57 am
I already put in one order in and had it approved, and the GHM is being sent in May. Is there any risk of google cancelling that order if I try to order a second one under a different gmail and spotify account?
I read you also need to use a different credit card and receiver name.
Aug 31, 2014
312 posts
462 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cardenas wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 9:03 am
I read you also need to use a different credit card and receiver name.
Just a different credit card, same name they don't seem to care about.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1208 posts
376 upvotes
Toronto
ordered april 9 lunch time, arrvied last night in the community mail box in RH! not stolen!

good job canada post!

thanks OP!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)