Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17465 posts
24231 upvotes
ONTARIO
Growingupisold wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 12:11 pm
Where are you seeing that?

Edit: He's right, at the bottom of the page for the offer. https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/googlehome/offer/
The thread title now has (til april 17th) at the end of it.
So I checked the original link and it does indeed show in the fine print that it now ends april 17th instead of may 9th like it said previously.
It still says you can redeem til may 31st though, but looks like you wil only have 1 more day to reserve one from spotify
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4392 posts
516 upvotes
Scarborough
cyphon21 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 9:57 am
Thank you! I was looking at these. I think I am just going to go with this one. Now to find other 'useful' stuff to get my free shipping haha.
Get the Google Home Hub :P
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1126 posts
253 upvotes
Is there any reason why I can't trade my chalk with someone else? Are these things tied to my google account at all? serial number tied to my account for warranty purposes?
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2250 posts
315 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
tatung wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 12:25 pm
Is there any reason why I can't trade my chalk with someone else? Are these things tied to my google account at all? serial number tied to my account for warranty purposes?
No, you would be fine. Once you get the GHM it's yours to keep. Any warranty is thorough Google directly under their 1 year manufacture warranty etc.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17465 posts
24231 upvotes
ONTARIO
tatung wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 12:25 pm
If you have not set it up at home yet, then yes you can just trade it/sell it as is. It's not connected to your google account.
If you want to be sure though or you did set it up, there's a factory reset button on the back of the device. You need to hold this button down for at least 15 seconds to reset it back to factory default. You will know when it works, because the mini will confirm it's resetting.

Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17465 posts
24231 upvotes
ONTARIO
I just got my charcoal one delivered today. Already have a wall socket mount set up, so I just popped it into it and placed it into the bathroom. Loving it so far. Sounds great in there.
Nov 29, 2018
3 posts
1 upvote
Just signed up for the deal today, says delivery is from May 30th-31st. Anyone know if I can cancel before May 16th (to avoid paying another $10) and have no issue with delivery?
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
2 posts
5 upvotes
is this a way for google to dump all the minis? similar to what they did with chromecast audio?
Oct 22, 2005
603 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
jerryha wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 12:45 pm
Just signed up for the deal today, says delivery is from May 30th-31st. Anyone know if I can cancel before May 16th (to avoid paying another $10) and have no issue with delivery?
answer is on the first page thread summary ...question#5 in the summary
Jun 18, 2018
728 posts
370 upvotes
Toronto
jerryha wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 12:45 pm
Will most likely depend on when you receive shipping confirmation.
Nov 29, 2018
3 posts
1 upvote
Sorry, didn't even see that section. I am a total newbie here. Thanks for the heads up.
Dec 31, 2017
5 posts
7 upvotes
Have a friend with Spotify Premium who doesn't care to claim his speaker. Will he have to do anything more than clicking through the link and flipping the email to me? He is lazy so I can't see him wanting to go through the ordering and shipping steps himself.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17465 posts
24231 upvotes
ONTARIO
Spinthedeal wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 12:57 pm
Have a friend with Spotify Premium who doesn't care to claim his speaker. Will he have to do anything more than clicking through the link and flipping the email to me? He is lazy so I can't see him wanting to go through the ordering and shipping steps himself.
I believe if he just forwards the email to you, you won't be able to get it because it will take you to spotify first and you will need to be logged into his account to get the link.

What he can do is click the link himself, fill out the captcha and then when it redirects him to the google store, copy down the code from the URL at the top. The code is at the very end and looks like this X-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
He can just send you that code and you can use it yourself.

I dont know why anyone wouldnt want to use it though. It doesn't take any time at all and even if you don't want a smart speaker in your home, you could gift it or sell it.
Jul 7, 2009
63 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
I just signed up for Spotify premium and got email saying that my Google Home Mini is ready. I don't see any promo code though. What now?

TIA