Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Dec 31, 2017
5 posts
7 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 1:07 pm
I believe if he just forwards the email to you, you won't be able to get it because it will take you to spotify first and you will need to be logged into his account to get the link.

What he can do is click the link himself, fill out the captcha and then when it redirects him to the google store, copy down the code from the URL at the top. The code is at the very end and looks like this X-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
He can just send you that code and you can use it yourself.

I dont know why anyone wouldnt want to use it though. It doesn't take any time at all and even if you don't want a smart speaker in your home, you could gift it or sell it.
Well I guess he is gifting it to me. I didn't ask too many questions, I just said thanks. And a thanks to you as well for the answer to my question..
Aug 31, 2014
393 posts
601 upvotes
Toronto, ON
.jkl. wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 1:16 pm
I just signed up for Spotify premium and got email saying that my Google Home Mini is ready. I don't see any promo code though. What now?

TIA
The code is in the link to the google store, at the very end of the URL, you don't/shouldn't need the code though as it's applied automatically.
Dec 27, 2007
18855 posts
9971 upvotes
Kitchener
Electrah wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 12:50 pm
Will most likely depend on when you receive shipping confirmation.
No, it doesn't, the code generation and redemption are decoupled.
Apr 11, 2007
382 posts
105 upvotes
.jkl. wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 1:16 pm
I just signed up for Spotify premium and got email saying that my Google Home Mini is ready. I don't see any promo code though. What now?

TIA
You signed up today and got the email already? I signed up on 12th and still haven't gotten the email.
Oct 3, 2005
232 posts
65 upvotes
Edmonton
Ordered April 9, arrived today. Cancelled my throwaway Spotify Premium account, cancelled automatic billing by Spotify in my Paypal account, done deal. Now to hang onto the device for 6 months or more until the glut of them on Kijiji sells off. ;)
Thanks again OP.
Jul 24, 2015
55 posts
52 upvotes
Thunder Bay
.jkl. wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 1:34 pm
I tried this and when I went to go check out it's showing as $79. I'm assuming because I've yet to receive the code?
Just add to cart and it should give you a $0 total.
Dec 27, 2007
18855 posts
9971 upvotes
Kitchener
Bzzzzt wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 1:41 pm
It tells me I'm not eligible for this offer. The address bar shows GB, when I change it to CA it offers a 30 day trial:

https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/purchase/ ... country=GB

Never had a Spotify premium account.
What is the country/region of your own Spotify account?
Jun 17, 2013
397 posts
129 upvotes
Bzzzzt wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 1:41 pm
It tells me I'm not eligible for this offer. The address bar shows GB, when I change it to CA it offers a 30 day trial:

https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/purchase/ ... country=GB

Never had a Spotify premium account.
One spotify account I had, the country was set in the profile to US. I changed the country to Canada, then was instantly eligible.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2069 posts
356 upvotes
Gta
Growingupisold wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 9:53 am
I picked up this one from Amazon and I have to say I really like it. You can have it mounted directly on top of the plug and it doesn't block the other socket, also comes with an extra magnetic base so that you can attach it somewhere else and keep the cord nice and tidy.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07F3Z ... UTF8&psc=1
I have this and it is great. I also have the battery pack they make so I can make my GHM portable.
Koodo member
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
7372 posts
2438 upvotes
Toronto
Ending so soon Crying Face not even two weeks
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from these knowledge and information.
Jul 7, 2009
51 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
Growingupisold wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 1:21 pm
The code is in the link to the google store, at the very end of the URL, you don't/shouldn't need the code though as it's applied automatically.
Thanks Growingupisold, this worked for me! The code wasn't found in the email, I had to copy it directly from the url and paste it manually at checkout for it to work.
Nov 30, 2011
124 posts
73 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 1:47 pm
What is the country/region of your own Spotify account?
I thought it was CA, maybe I signed up using a VPN set to GB. It was a while back.
sssscary2 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 1:52 pm
One spotify account I had, the country was set in the profile to US. I changed the country to Canada, then was instantly eligible.
Aha, that might explain it. Wish I had read this before creating a new account. I basically created a new account and that worked. But now I have to change the default Spotify account in the GH app.