Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Aug 31, 2014
307 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto, ON
NowJoJo wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 4:26 pm
Canadian Visa Debit card doesn't work? Crying Face
Some seem to, some don't. I personally used a TD Visa Debit for my gf's order and the card went through without a problem.
Dec 27, 2007
17882 posts
9043 upvotes
Kitchener
NowJoJo wrote:
Canadian Visa Debit card doesn't work? Crying Face
Mixed reports, but most recent one said it was working for him (for Google checkout), so you might want to try.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
2714 posts
1115 upvotes
Mississauga
EPcjay wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 4:20 pm
yeah i tried that, thats where it says its used.
Try incognito or diff browser
I love RFD! :)
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16230 posts
21929 upvotes
ONTARIO
Growingupisold wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 4:28 pm
Some seem to, some don't. I personally used a TD Visa Debit for my gf's order and the card went through without a problem.
Interesting.

Not related to the google store, but I once tried to use my TD visa debit on ebay and it wouldn't go through. Said it wasn't a valid payment method.
Aug 31, 2014
307 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BobSagget wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 4:30 pm
Interesting.

Not related to the google store, but I once tried to use my TD visa debit on ebay and it wouldn't go through. Said it wasn't a valid payment method.
It seems to be hit and miss depending on the retailer and bank, some apparently list it as a "Visa" whereas other banks specify that it is "Visa Debit" on their end.
Apr 14, 2018
76 posts
83 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 4:15 pm
Thanks for the info. I wonder how long it would last just sitting idle 99% of the time? I mean it's constantly connected to the wifi, so it would slowly drain, but I wonder how long you could get out out it.

I was sort of curious about mounting a mini right in the shower. It would run off a 10,000 power bank, but I'm guessing if it needs to be recharged every couple of days it would not be worth it.
It would last maybe about 3-4 days idle. Definitely needs to be recharged every couple of days. I turn it off when I don't need it.
Nov 17, 2004
113 posts
22 upvotes
So hold on, even though I'm on family plan, it's still taking me all the way to check out and still showing the $79 price. And if I click on "Confirm Purchase", it will bill me the $79, right?

Or has it changed and they're letting family planners in and if I click "Confirm Purchase", it will then reset to zero?
Dec 27, 2007
17882 posts
9043 upvotes
Kitchener
Growingupisold wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 4:33 pm
It seems to be hit and miss depending on the retailer and bank, some apparently list it as a "Visa" whereas other banks specify that it is "Visa Debit" on their end.
Google store accepts Paypal, Paypal accepts Visa Debit, just use Paypal at GHM checkout and make sure the shipping address is Paypal confirmed.

Seems Google store in Canada doesn't (just checked my account, while Paypal is linked there apparently it can only be used for digital purchases).

Thx @injust
Dec 27, 2007
17882 posts
9043 upvotes
Kitchener
devileyezz wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 4:38 pm
So hold on, even though I'm on family plan, it's still taking me all the way to check out and still showing the $79 price. And if I click on "Confirm Purchase", it will bill me the $79, right?

Or has it changed and they're letting family planners in and if I click "Confirm Purchase", it will then reset to zero?
Nothing changed regarding eligibility from what is already listed in the thread summary.
Nov 17, 2004
113 posts
22 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 4:40 pm
Nothing changed regarding eligibility from what is already listed in the thread summary.
Thanks. So that means if I were to click the "Confirm Purchase", it would have charged me the full amount?! Phew, close call!
Aug 28, 2018
32 posts
14 upvotes
atlantic_man wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 11:18 am
I used my Paypal balance to buy one month Spotify premium in Apr. 9th.
You were able to purchase Spotify with PayPal because you have a credit card added and I don’t do it won’t work for me with just using PayPal’s balance without adding a valid credit card
Dec 27, 2007
17882 posts
9043 upvotes
Kitchener
devileyezz wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 4:52 pm
Thanks. So that means if I were to click the "Confirm Purchase", it would have charged me the full amount?! Phew, close call!
Yup, confirm purchase places the order (nonetheless you would have been able to cancel it afterward).
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
1957 posts
1271 upvotes
No Bum Deals
ALL HAIL TomRFD

1.3k upvotes

Smiling Face With Sunglasses
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 [both FREE] | 1x Koodo 40/6 [paying $15] | 1x Fido Data 15/3 [FREE - Free GPad] 🢀
Dec 27, 2007
17882 posts
9043 upvotes
Kitchener
Thecoolguy wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 5:10 pm
You were able to purchase Spotify with PayPal because you have a credit card added and I don’t do it won’t work for me with just using PayPal’s balance without adding a valid credit card
but once you get a code (one way or the other) you will still need to add a credit card to your "Google" account to complete checkout, so you trust Google with your CC but not Paypal?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
8796 posts
397 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote:
Yes, until tomorrow. So if you want one you need to sign up with Spotify Premium as soon as possible.
You will have until May 31st to actually use your code to order the devcie though.
My friend wanted to order 2nd one, and ask me to help. I think he can't order with the same google account and same credit card, also can't use the same shipping address? Thanks guys!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)