Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Apr 15, 2019
3 posts
1 upvote
Got my email. It says offer available till May 9th.
Sep 5, 2009
233 posts
46 upvotes
i also found it quite useless. Safely went back to my closet of useless electronics items.
ehhh wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 10:29 am
Kind of regret buying it. As a speaker it's pretty mediocre and my house isn't botnet enough for it to be useful. Plus the voice commands/ask google stuff is pretty rudimentary/useless. And now that Kijiji/CL is flooded with it, there's pretty much no chance of selling it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
6822 posts
2115 upvotes
Toronto
mdfaisal wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 10:39 am
i also found it quite useless. Safely went back to my closet of useless electronics items.
Sell it to a rfd user Smiling Face With Smiling EyesSmiling Face With Smiling Eyes
May 22, 2018
130 posts
208 upvotes
Honestly I love all of my GHMs. I use them to keep a track of time since I don't have clocks anywhere in the house, check the weather before I get ready, turn on/off my lights and thermostat, play music, it helps me find my phone when I can't, ask for time and currency conversion or simple math, and it's great in the kitchen for cooking. I've run out of places in the house to put these (including the garage) and I know people are concerned for privacy but I LOVE having them around.

I have an irrational fear of the dark and particularly dark rooms so if I'm walking towards a dark room, I just ask Google to turn on the light of the room I'm approaching and one of them hears me and does it. It's really helped with my phobia!

The only thing I'm bummed out about is that I actually paid full price for my coral one when it first came out Face With Tears Of Joy
Last edited by sparklingjaney on Apr 17th, 2019 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
6822 posts
2115 upvotes
Toronto
sparklingjaney wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 10:46 am
Honestly I love all of my GHMs. I use them to keep a track of time since I don't have clocks anywhere in the house, check the weather before I get ready, turn on/off my lights and thermostat, play music, it helps me find my phone when I can't, ask for time and currency conversion or simple math, and it's great in the kitchen for cooking. I've run out of places in the house to put these (including the garage) and I know people are concerned for privacy but I LOVE having them around.

The only thing I'm bummed out about is that I actually paid full price for my coral one when it first came out Face With Tears Of Joy
Corals are so pretty..wish they allowed us to redeem for that colour in this promotion like they did for the USA Unamused Face
May 26, 2007
856 posts
348 upvotes
sparklingjaney wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 10:46 am

how do you use it for cooking? measurement conversions?
Apr 28, 2018
4 posts
10 upvotes
Pochacco wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 10:35 am
Gift it then Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes or sell it for $10... Will be sold out fast !!
Just saw some stores in China sell it for 50CAD each (Since Google don't have official store there. ) If someone can get many many home mini and ship to china, he will be holy rich. Anyone want to practice?
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2086 posts
212 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
ehhh wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 10:29 am
Kind of regret buying it. As a speaker it's pretty mediocre and my house isn't botnet enough for it to be useful. Plus the voice commands/ask google stuff is pretty rudimentary/useless. And now that Kijiji/CL is flooded with it, there's pretty much no chance of selling it.
My main use is for the Nest Thermostat. My wife loves changing the temp from the couch.
May 22, 2018
130 posts
208 upvotes
insomnia77 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 10:56 am
how do you use it for cooking? measurement conversions?
Measurement/temperature conversions, if you ask her for a recipe she tells it to you step by step at your own pace (she also sends the recipe to your phone), you can connect bluetooth and amplify a Youtube recipe tutorial (helpful when frying or doing something with loud kitchen noises), timers, shopping lists, drink suggestions if you're struggling to figure out what pairs with what food. I also listen to podcasts while I attempt cooking so it's really nice!
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
1648 posts
1501 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
cyphon21 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 11:00 am
My main use is for the Nest Thermostat. My wife loves changing the temp from the couch.
Husband: "change temperature to 23 degrees celcius" changing temperature to 23 degrees celcius

Wife: "change temperature to 26 degrees celcius"
Changing temperature to 26 degrees celcius

Husband: "change temperature to 23 degrees celcius"
Changing temperature to 23 degrees celcius

Wife: "change temperature to 26 degrees celcius"

*this repeats several times*

Google mini and Nest thermostat: "are we a joke to you?"
Apr 16, 2019
50 posts
51 upvotes
I got their email this morning and Google accepted my TD VISA debit card I have used for past purchases. So far, so good.
Apr 11, 2012
326 posts
64 upvotes
Mississauga
Trying to order one but it gives weird error(code#PBRE) on google home site and Google support could not figured it out as well. They have escalated the issue to higher tier. :rolleyes: And the promo code doesn't applies on the check out page after the error. It show small pop up saying discount will be applied at the checkout but no luck. Tried on 3 different device.

Anyone else having the same issue right now?
May 26, 2007
856 posts
348 upvotes
sparklingjaney wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 11:20 am
Measurement/temperature conversions, if you ask her for a recipe she tells it to you step by step at your own pace (she also sends the recipe to your phone), you can connect bluetooth and amplify a Youtube recipe tutorial (helpful when frying or doing something with loud kitchen noises), timers, shopping lists, drink suggestions if you're struggling to figure out what pairs with what food. I also listen to podcasts while I attempt cooking so it's really nice!
way more then I knew. good info. thanks!
May 6, 2008
255 posts
48 upvotes
Edmonton
I ordered one yesterday afternoon and my estimated shipping date is June 4 :(
Sep 19, 2009
205 posts
75 upvotes
I'm thinking of developing some actions for the mini. Anything you guys would want or find useful?