Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Newbie
Mar 21, 2018
24 posts
8 upvotes
Paid for premium just now and got an email saying my GHM is ready immediately after the spotify receipt.
Last edited by bsz1231 on Apr 17th, 2019 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17734 posts
24793 upvotes
ONTARIO
FigNewton wrote: Thanks for the update. But shitty the code didn’t apply. I emailed support. But the summary says I’m out of luck.
If you go back through https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/googlehome/redeem/ and follow the link to the google store site, you should see the promo code in the end of the URL at the top. Just copy the code down and apply it manually when you're in the cart.

The URL after being directed from Spotify to the Google store should look like this:

Code: Select all

https://store.google.com/ca/config/uylj89x6oh?utm_source=external&utm_medium=email_crm&utm_campaign=GS102161&promoCode=B-F4J89F8444KDVCKJHBNH3
The part after promocode= is what you need to copy.
Last edited by BobSagget on Apr 17th, 2019 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 11, 2008
3338 posts
567 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
junglemage666 wrote: Husband: "change temperature to 23 degrees celcius" changing temperature to 23 degrees celcius

Wife: "change temperature to 26 degrees celcius"
Changing temperature to 26 degrees celcius

Husband: "change temperature to 23 degrees celcius"
Changing temperature to 23 degrees celcius

Wife: "change temperature to 26 degrees celcius"

*this repeats several times*

Google mini and Nest thermostat: "are we a joke to you?"
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Member
Apr 11, 2012
366 posts
74 upvotes
Moon
BobSagget wrote: If you go back through https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/googlehome/redeem/ and follow the link to the google store site, you should see the promo code in the end of the URL at the top. Just copy the code down and apply it manually when you're in the cart.

The URL after being directed from Spotify to the Google store should look like this:

Code: Select all

https://store.google.com/ca/config/uylj89x6oh?utm_source=external&utm_medium=email_crm&utm_campaign=GS102161&promoCode=B-F4J89F8444KDVCKJHBNH3
The part after promocode= is what you need to copy.
That worked like a charm. Thanks a bunch.Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes I am surprised the google support couldn't think of this. :rolleyes:
Member
User avatar
Dec 23, 2010
238 posts
199 upvotes
Ottawa
FigNewton wrote: I read the summary. But does the google home order show 89 dollars or should It be 0.00.

I ended up hitting cancel so it doesn’t charge me for the 89 dollars.

Now I think I lost out on the deal. As I can re click the order.
I encountered something similar. I didn't check out right away, and when I went to continue from my basket, the price was back up to normal. I went back to click my original link for the promo and it applied the discount again.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 18, 2006
2433 posts
375 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
junglemage666 wrote: Husband: "change temperature to 23 degrees celcius" changing temperature to 23 degrees celcius

Wife: "change temperature to 26 degrees celcius"
Changing temperature to 26 degrees celcius

Husband: "change temperature to 23 degrees celcius"
Changing temperature to 23 degrees celcius

Wife: "change temperature to 26 degrees celcius"

*this repeats several times*

Google mini and Nest thermostat: "are we a joke to you?"
I love the joke.

But in reality, I just go into the Nest App when she isn't paying attention and change it. Face With Tears Of Joy
Jr. Member
Oct 19, 2016
149 posts
37 upvotes
Is there anyway to cancel Spotify after redeeming the Home Mini? Or do I need to keep my account active until I receive it?

Note - I had a basic account but just signed up for Premium. Do I need to leave it as Premium for a few months?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 25, 2017
652 posts
458 upvotes
SudburyMan wrote: Is there anyway to cancel Spotify after redeeming the Home Mini? Or do I need to keep my account active until I receive it?

Note - I had a basic account but just signed up for Premium. Do I need to leave it as Premium for a few months?
You can cancel as soon as you get code
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 7, 2005
936 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
SudburyMan wrote: Is there anyway to cancel Spotify after redeeming the Home Mini? Or do I need to keep my account active until I receive it?

Note - I had a basic account but just signed up for Premium. Do I need to leave it as Premium for a few months?
It’s a prepaid service so you can cancel anytime or just wait until you receive the unit to cancel. Either way no harm.
Jr. Member
Oct 19, 2016
149 posts
37 upvotes
projectgz wrote: It’s a prepaid service so you can cancel anytime or just wait until you receive the unit to cancel. Either way no harm.
Thank you, I received an email from google saying order confirmed - so I assume that means I am all good to cancel?
Jr. Member
Oct 19, 2016
149 posts
37 upvotes
Shawnies wrote: You can cancel as soon as you get code
I didn't receive a "code" but I did receive an email from google saying order confirmed. So I assume that means I am good to cancel?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2012
3434 posts
3393 upvotes
Toronto
Got mines delivered just now, sweet.
Jr. Member
Nov 30, 2011
154 posts
94 upvotes
tourmaline wrote: I saw some ebay sellers already sold more than 800 codes............
no wonder Spotify has to shorten the promotion period...
How do you get 1000+ codes, or even 50+ codes that several other sellers are selling at cost or $5-10 above? Don't you need 1000+ unique CC numbers? Amazing!

I think this is the UK eBay seller with up to 1029 sold so far at below cost ($9.40 CAD or best offer) so if you're not interested in Spotify this is a better alternative:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Google-Home-Min ... crveM%20NJ
Member
Jul 12, 2013
342 posts
180 upvotes
Halifax
tourmaline wrote: I saw some ebay sellers already sold more than 800 codes............
no wonder Spotify has to shorten the promotion period...
How do you think they get these codes from? and what are the guarantee that GHM will be delivered

Top