Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Dec 24, 2009
882 posts
342 upvotes
Quebec City
jedigovna wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 1:39 pm
Interesting how Google has its own music streaming service and yet it's partnering with a competitor to give out its own products
Yeah, I guess the Google Play Music days are counted. They are moving accounts to Youtube Red and even then, I'm not sure it will work.

In this case, I think Spotify want to collect personal data; in a world where your valid credit card info worth around 10$ each, I guess they'll use it with some third party to recover the cost. Even then, GHM isn't really expensive to produce to begin with.
Aug 31, 2017
68 posts
54 upvotes
Calgary, AB
i got the email that says thank you for reserving. Click the Get It Now button and says I'm not eligible for this offer.

Used a different email, but same CC that's on paypal on my family plan one. what gives?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2283 posts
379 upvotes
townie22 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 1:45 pm
why do i get "sorry, this offer isn't available in your Country" or is this just for Android?
Take off your VPN service....
King of the farm
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2009
1489 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto
WaleedS4429 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 1:46 pm
I just signed up for premium 1 month (One-time payment. Top-up when you want.) . whenever i use the link for the offer it takes me back to the page of signing up for premium. How do i claim my free google home :(
Right after you make the premium account theres a message that says your plan comes with google home mini. Check your email as well because they send you a link right away
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3130 posts
992 upvotes
Toronto
justasking wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 1:40 pm
I did it with unique Spotify and Google account but same CC, and the order was cancelled by Google. Did you pay with the same payment method ie same CC?
No my wife used a credit card in her name (even though it's free and CC won't be charged).

They may try to also confirm that credit card used to purchase Spotify Premium and credit card used on Google are same or in the same name, but not sure if they go this far.
Last edited by rob444 on Apr 9th, 2019 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 11, 2018
60 posts
30 upvotes
Dave98 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 1:47 pm
Google is the one requiring payment info. Spotify is just providing you with a coupon code to order the Mini
so I can assume its safe to add my CC info?
Couldn't see PayPal
If it ain't broken, open it and find out why!
Feb 13, 2011
747 posts
174 upvotes
Vancouver
already have a family plan but it won't hurt to create a new one and get the mini to play with, thanks!
Sep 10, 2008
569 posts
130 upvotes
Vancouver
Free would have been very nice but at $10 I can't complain :)
Dec 17, 2018
18 posts
5 upvotes
Just confirming:

So I log in to spotify with my FB and it takes me to the page to enter in my credit card details.
Then after it's supposed to get me a code to use on Google?
Then I just enter the code and then it'll send one to me?
Does my google account have to be linked with Spotify?

TIA
Apr 1, 2017
881 posts
1439 upvotes
MercadorHG wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 1:43 pm
Even your paypal account must be linked to a CC to use it for Spotify. I tried as well. I know they cannot charge you for something you didn't ask but still, it can be an hassle to get your payment info removed, just a warning here.
Spotify won't have your CC though. Paypal gives Spotify an authorization code to charge you, but they won't give your CC info to Spotify. And you can remove your CC info on Paypal easily once you're done.
Blowing all savings from RFD on deals from RFD 😂
Jun 22, 2003
610 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
townie22 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 1:45 pm
why do i get "sorry, this offer isn't available in your Country" or is this just for Android?
I had the same issue, in my spotify account (free account) I had selected US as country, I guess somewhere in the past I did so for some reason, changed it back to Canada and it went through no issues... (On PC)
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3953 posts
914 upvotes
Charlottetown
Rooster wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 1:48 pm
Take off your VPN service....
my VPN isn't on, but i may have figured it out, i got the YouTube Premium and Google Play Music via the Russian Ruble way.
Jul 11, 2018
60 posts
30 upvotes
aintic wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 1:52 pm
Spotify won't have your CC though. Paypal gives Spotify an authorization code to charge you, but they won't give your CC info to Spotify. And you can remove your CC info on Paypal easily once you're done.
That's actually a hectic process to go through. I have tried to remove my CC from PayPal and it took some lengthy phone calls. You will have to register anther account with PayPal since you have pending charges (the $9.99 monthly subscription) then they need to verify that account and only after that you can remove the CC.
If it ain't broken, open it and find out why!
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2941 posts
1059 upvotes
Scarborough
Isn't the first 30 days free for new users? So I need to wait after the first 30 days for my card to get charged for this redemption?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)